Why does Britney showing her body bother this fan base so much?

1 hour ago, Joshyworld said:

if you are at one point perceived as “unstable” by the general public (Amanda Bynes (f), Kanye (m), Lindsay Lohan (f), Aaron Carter (m)), it’s a stigma that stays. In Britney’s case, I don’t think she cares about conforming to society any longer or may not understand the repercussions that come along with these sort of things but if that makes her happy, then may it be.

That's a really good point; the perception does stay with almost no exceptions. Drey Barrymore is a rare example I can think of where the public accepted a totally new image of her, and that may be because her unstable times were exclusively during her childhood, so they kind of see adult Drew as a different person.  

I have mixed feelings about comments I've heard both defending and criticizing her instagram. Personally, I do have negative opinions on certain aspects of her social media use. Not necessarily that she posted **** images...after all, I've seen her videos. There are aspects of the execution that I would suggest she change. It's weird how Britney fans can criticize her professional work without a lot of blowback, but when part of her presentation to the public is criticized, some people fly off the handle. Real fans can have criticisms on every aspect of an artist's work and image. I don't even have an IG and mostly ignore it. For me Britney is first and foremost about the music, and I'll always be a fan. She's legally an adult for the first time in many years, and even if I don't agree with everything she does or says, I fully understand that she can do what she wants, and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Edit: @Joshyworld This reminds me of when Iggy Azalea, who has been supportive of Britney always, commented for some reason when getting criticisms that she didn't need to lick Britney's *** to care about her or something. It's normal that people have mixed feelings about a person's words and actions, and we can still love, empathize, and support them. I have negative feelings sometimes about the things I say or do! Does that mean I don't like myself!? 

• Love 1
  • Like 5
4 hours ago, KindlyBad said:

Because these posts are a function of unresolved trauma she’s acting out and some realize it’s unhealthy while others are in denial that she needs help that she clearly isn’t getting? 

yes-ish, but also she's having a moment and we need to let her have her moment; this is part of her healing process and honestly, if anything, these pictures are just very real and un-celebrity like, and some even a bit trashy - lol sorry don't drag me - but i don't see the scandal and the huge blown-out of proportion and huge assumptions being made because she's half naked... come on, its show business, and she's a pop diva - a rebel. its what she does. she's naked on IG before it was cool.

she'll be fine.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
Just now, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I don't know. It's kind of like posting this and being like ...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

It's my body, I can do whatever I want. Body positivity. It's art!

There isn't anything substantial about it and we will all have strong opinions about it. 

This is completely different :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

:wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

My thoughts exactly. Because we all know if it were a nude of Zach Efron with an eggplant emoji over his duck everyone would be like “YASSSSSSSS”. Also people keep saying it’s a normal beach as if they’ve been to that beach when we all know none of these bishes could afford it so how the hell does anyone know if it’s a clothing optional beach or not. Like has anyone got receipts for which beach their at? Like it’s just speculation just because there’s some people wearing clothes in the background… unless I missed something and we know exactly which beach she was at. I mean either way she’s Britney f’ing Spears only the most blessed be people should be so lucky to see our goddess in all her glory :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

• Love 1
  • Like 3
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, x.rox said:

My thoughts exactly. Because we all know if it were a nude of Zach Efron with an eggplant emoji over his duck everyone would be like “YASSSSSSSS”. Also people keep saying it’s a normal beach as if they’ve been to that beach when we all know none of these bishes could afford it so how the hell does anyone know if it’s a clothing optional beach or not. Like has anyone got receipts for which beach their at? Like it’s just speculation just because there’s some people wearing clothes in the background… unless I missed something and we know exactly which beach she was at. I mean either way she’s Britney f’ing Spears only the most blessed be people should be so lucky to see our goddess in all her glory :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

Couldn’t agree more :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block