This Day in Pop: Britney performs at The Jonathan Ross Show in 2016 (September 28)

jonathan.jpg.ab8cf61f0702e772765194833f8139d9.jpg  jonathan-britney-1-a.jpg

On September 28, 2016, Britney Spears was interviewed at The Jonathan Ross show, and she also performed Make Me..., the lead single off Glory. The show didn't air until October 1st, though.

In the interview she talked about her love for rice, dating lizard people, admitted to farting onstage and also played some games, including singing Shake It Off after inhaling helium from a balloon.

Most noteworthy, people who attended the filming of the episode revealed she also talked about **** use and the party scene in Vegas, but most importantly, that she allegedly talked about her conservatorship and the restrictions it has when it comes to recording her music.

“Okay, so I have this conservatorship. I’ve been under this conservatorship for three years and I felt like a lot of decisions were made for me, so I wanted [Glory] to be my baby and I’ve been really strategic about it [...]”

EO5fNqoUcAAUT_8?format=jpg&name=large

Such declarations were cut from the show when it aired on October 1st.

In 2021, someone contacted Jonathan Ross about this subject, and he responded that the cut content most likely doesn't exist anymore since the tv network only keeps the edited shows.

Eumbpv-ZXc-AA2-Vm6.jpg

9878730093d91b75e07c0d90c4093ee2.jpg

Screen_Shot_2016-10-03_at_9.39.49_AM.png

51.JPG

jonathan-britney-a.jpg

BRITNEY-SPEARS-669215.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

britney-spears-at-jonathan-ross-show-in-london-09-30-2016_5.jpg

• Love 5

Maybe a Mandela effect moment I'm having but I could have sworn footage of Britney speaking about the c-ship from the interview exists? But I think some people have tried to deny its existence. I could have sworn I saw it though.

I still love this interview though. Despite the c-ship she seemed really comfortable and happy, I think playing the games helped her loosen up a bit.

8 minutes ago, Isla said:

Maybe a Mandela effect moment I'm having but I could have sworn footage of Britney speaking about the c-ship from the interview exists? But I think some people have tried to deny its existence. I could have sworn I saw it though.

I still love this interview though. Despite the c-ship she seemed really comfortable and happy, I think playing the games helped her loosen up a bit.

that's a common misconception, or as you call it, Mandela effect. 

Even if you check the original thread you'll see it was always people saying what she said

https://exhale.breatheheavy.com/forums/topic/729004-watch-britney's-interview-and-performance-of-"make-me"-on-the-jonathan-ross-show/#comments

unless said clip was rapidly removed, but even back then I didn't get to hear or even know about its existence, until years later that people started to bring that up

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

that's a common misconception, or as you call it, Mandela effect. 

Even if you check the original thread you'll see it was always people saying what she said

https://exhale.breatheheavy.com/forums/topic/729004-watch-britney's-interview-and-performance-of-"make-me"-on-the-jonathan-ross-show/#comments

unless said clip was rapidly removed, but even back then I didn't get to hear or even know about its existence, until years later that people started to bring that up

Yeah you're probably right. I seem to have a vague memory of a thread on here where someone posted a YouTube video from the actual recording of the interview (from the audience) where she said this but maybe I'm just misremembering. 

1 hour ago, Isla said:

Me too!! Specifically because I never knew how it was pronounced. I remember I thought it was ‘consirVATORship’ until I heard her saying it!!

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

Lol yes I don't know why everyone was calling it the conser-vaytor-ship for a hot minute it drove me insane :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

I’d honestly never heard it out loud! Until the clip of Britney saying it!

same with David… I thought he was ‘Lou-cad-oh’ but then in some news show they said bai name as ‘Luck-a-doo’ was not what I was expecting!!

• Haha 1

I feel that even if it had aired, it wouldn't have made a difference. The fans who were suspicious, had been for a while up to that point. The rest were in their pretty bubble still, sticking to the "OMG daddy saved her life,can't you see how happy she is touring and putting out albums, ungrateful fan? Kueeeen!" narrative. I mean there were ppl who would get super aggressive at the mere mention of her obvious discomfort. Even if it was obvious, I remember many would say ppl were ungrateful for trying to criticize her. Lol. 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block