Britney states she wanted new remixes for her fans so it was fresh for them but was told no

Slayer

• Super Mods
11 minutes ago, Rachel Green Geller said:

I can't believe they could be so horrible to her to not even allow her to DO REMIXES OF HER SONGS. She wasn't even refusing to perform, she just wanted to have some input into the show that was going to be put together. It's really dehumanizing that a woman who's been in the business for so many years and that knows what she's doing was completely ignored as if she were an spoiled 5-year-old child misbeheaving.

She's an artist for Christ's sake! How can you not let an artist (that is feeding you and you whole family btw) have some input and decision in her craft? 

:meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

I mean... I love Britney, and I totally get where she was coming from... But she DID do remixes during the C-ship.

In the Circus tour, pretty much everything got remixed into electro-pop. During Femme Fatale, we got that big band/jazz remix of IUSA, the Japanese remix of Toxic the electro-pop remixes of Slave and Baby, and the iconic Egyptian remix of Gimme More.

Piece of Me even had that super haunting remix of Lucky, and the "fallen angel" remixes of Oops and Baby.

Is she talking about the fact that the remixes never got updated vocals and reused the original album vocals? Because to me that would be way more annoying than not having remixes.

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Is she talking about the fact that the remixes never got updated vocals and reused the original album vocals? Because to me that would be way more annoying than not having remixes.

I think she is, especially since the post references her singing Baby One More Time differently. She wanted full recreations of her songs like "Baby" and "Oops" on the Onyx Tour, I'm thinking.  And she wanted to change the mixes as the show progressed. She wanted to do mixes during performance breaks and add them to the show after each break. That makes sense and was actually kind of how the show was pitched to us in I Am Britney Jean. 

• Love 5
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

I think she is, especially since the post references her singing Baby One More Time differently. She wanted full recreations of her songs like "Baby" and "Oops" on the Onyx Tour, I'm thinking.  And she wanted to change the mixes as the show progressed. She wanted to do mixes during performance breaks and add them to the show after each break. That makes sense and was actually kind of how the show was pitched to us in I Am Britney Jean. 

Ahh, ok that makes much more sense. So her issue isn't that she never got to perform any remixes. It's that said remixes didn't have updated vocals and weren't changed in between breaks of the shows. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I love Britney, but I wish she'd be more specific sometimes. Her statements can be very confusing (case in point, all the times she mentioned Selena and we couldn't tell if she was praising her or dragging her until Selena unfollowed her).

Yeah, like some of you, I don’t really understand what she means about not getting to have her songs remixed on tour.
Unless her dissatisfaction is really about the vocals always being the same, since the songs that got totally new & different productions were still all constructed with/around the original album vocals? So what comes to mind for me is the cabaret section from The Onyx Hotel Tour, and her wanting to play with the overall structure of the songs more in that vein (like how she did with BOMT on Instagram).

Bevause the medley at RDMA really wasn’t anymore different than what she had been doing on tours:

1. Oops - acoustic instrumental with notes changed in the verse by the singer, but same instrumental & vocal notes during the chorus 

2. Circus - same as album both instrumental & vocal notes

4. BOMT - instrumental remixed to same degree as Circus Tour, vocals only slightly different 

5. TTWE - same as album

But maybe she felt like she really had to fight to achieve the level of remixing that did happen on her tours, and the RDMA was proof to her of how easy it can be to do and shouldn’t require arguing/campaigning for it?

I honestly don’t know. But it’s her personal perspective, and so be it. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

Mmmm that makes since. That instead of having the tour be completely the same thing from start to finish, she wanted to update sections throughout its run.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lisa88007 said:

Sounds like she wanted to perform a medley of remixes at her VMA Vangaurd Award. 

No she’s pissed her sister performed HER songs AND they were remixed after being told she couldn’t do remixes AS BRITNEY HERSELF. She’s pissed that it’s her music and she wanted to switch it up yet her sister can get up and mime her music. 

Team con is cheap. They didn’t want pay for new production or bring anyone new into the circle. MTV probably made that mix, because as much as team con hates Britney I still doubt team con would pay for it. Either way they’re all scum. 

1 minute ago, halfdressed said:

No she’s pissed her sister performed HER songs AND they were remixed after being told she couldn’t do remixes AS BRITNEY HERSELF. She’s pissed that it’s her music and she wanted to switch it up yet her sister can get up and mime her music. 

Team con is cheap. They didn’t want pay for new production or bring anyone new into the circle. MTV probably made that mix, because as much as team con hates Britney I still doubt team con would pay for it. Either way they’re all scum. 

I know, she’s expressed many times that it bothered her that Jamie Lynn used her remixes. I was just trying to make the connection with her JT mention. I understood it like she mentioned years prior wanting to remix her hits and perform them, perhaps during her Vanguard Award (like JT). But was told no, and then years later seeing her sister doing what she had wanted to do pissed her off. 

59 minutes ago, summer2summer said:

Ohhhhhh so she actually wanted yo perform on the VMA'S instead of that tribute. Damn. 

Wait, she's talking about the 2011 VMA's? The night Beyonce upstaged her with Blue Ivy's pregnancy announcement AND Gaga tried to smuggle a kiss out of her in that creepy male alter ego? She actually wanted to perform and wasn't allowed to by Team Con? Oh, I would've been absolutely fuming.

I don't know how Britney went 14 years in that mess without biting someone's ear off. I would've gone full rabid animal at some point. :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

1 hour ago, Bigno said:

It was not Justin, it was Beyoncés 2016 performance. She performed for 16 mins. 

I love Rihanna, but didn't she get FOUR performances during her Vanguard Award night? She basically performed her entire discography throughout the night. Beyonce got 16 minutes. Justin got like 7.

Britney got a 1:29 long video mash-up with back-up dancers, and then had to get harassed by Gaga in her Scarface cosplay AND introduce Beyonce, who stole the night away from her with the announcement that she was pregnant with Blue.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

I love Rihanna, but didn't she get FOUR performances during her Vanguard Award night? She basically performed her entire discography throughout the night. Beyonce got 16 minutes. Justin got like 7.

Britney got a 1:29 long video mash-up with back-up dancers, and then had to get harassed by Gaga in her Scarface cosplay AND introduce Beyonce, who stole the night away from her with the announcement that she was pregnant with Blue.

I actually dont know the total of Rihanna's performance, but you might be right. I just remember that when Beyoncé performed for 16 mins everyone said it was the longest performance ever, but maybe longest without cuts. I will check.

Oh and I agree, her "night" was awful. Felt terrible from start to finish. The organization was disastrous, she looked uncomfortable as heck, it just didn't feel natural. Just icky all around.  And yes, Beyoncé was the big news that night

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Rachel Green Geller said:

I can't believe they could be so horrible to her to not even allow her to DO REMIXES OF HER SONGS. She wasn't even refusing to perform, she just wanted to have some input into the show that was going to be put together. It's really dehumanizing that a woman who's been in the business for so many years and that knows what she's doing was completely ignored as if she were an spoiled 5-year-old child misbeheaving.

She's an artist for Christ's sake! How can you not let an artist (that is feeding you and you whole family btw) have some input and decision in her craft? 

Because they are narcissists who believed THEY were always right, and THEY knew everything and THEY were the maserminds behind her career. Delusional, abusive narcissists. Her father is a piece of **** and hope he burns in Hell.

Britney Spears is the reason she is a legend to this day, and she was THE Britney Spears LONG BEFORE that loser leech of a father put her in an abusive conservatorship.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Bigno said:

I actually dont know the total of Rihanna's performance, but you might be right. I just remember that when Beyoncé performed for 16 mins everyone said it was the longest performance ever, but maybe longest without cuts. I will check.

Oh and I agree, her "night" was awful. Felt terrible from start to finish. The organization was disastrous, she looked uncomfortable as heck, it just didn't feel natural. Just icky all around.  And yes, Beyoncé was the big news that night

Presenting Beyoncé that night had to be one of the most demoralizing things Britney remembers having to do. Especially when she looks back at how every other winner had been honored and she only got to give a speech to recognize how great Beyoncé is…

• Like 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block