Britney states she wanted new remixes for her fans so it was fresh for them but was told no

Slayer

2 hours ago, ElenaB said:

i don't understand why she feels embarrassed and humiliated by that performance. does she mean she feels humiliated bc she was told no after asking for new remixes? bc of jamie lynn? 

Not to put words in her mouth, but probably because SHE wanted to be the one to perform mashups and remixes of her hits, and kept asking for the ability to do that, only for them to say no and then make her watch 4 other people dressed as her parade around and sing at her like some kind of posthumous tribute. No one can do it like her, especially not some 4 cosplaying nobodies. It's like the team were telling her "your prime is past, we CAN invest in and organize remixes but not for you".

And her sister probably knew her wishes very well, and still got up on that stage with that cocky "surprise", and did her weak-*** impression of her.

• Like 3

This is SO refreshing for me to hear... She doesn't usually talk about her music, so reading that she always wanted to perform remixes of her songs to keep it fresh, and then even saying that she always did it FOR US omg... I'm in heaven, honestly! Not only is she an artist, but she only has her fans in mind. She's smart! She knows what people want because she's a real music fan first.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

I didn’t understand the Justin Timberlake part :elton:

I'm gonna try and break this down a bit...

Britney has reached icon status, and for the longest time, has been there. Her early contemporaries have all gained enough recognition that they are now treated as crowning jewels in any event they appear in. Her newer contemporaries from the late 00's-10's all reached that space too. With this, they are not just given the space to promote, but are given the respect and recognition to do what they do best, which is why they are given long features rather than short performance, even if they have nothing new to promote.

Since the conservatorship, Britney either didn't perform, or her team refused to either carry out her vision OR allow her to match her peers, even if she was the attraction. 

At the 2011 VMA'S, where her work was being recognised, her speech was short and acted as an introduction for Beyonce. That is not Beyonce's fault, that is Britney's teams for not acting in her best interest to recognise her accomplishments. 

At the 2015 BBMA's, Britney couldn't perform live, but also her collaborator, Iggy Azalea, was essentially blackmailed into signing contracts at the risk of not being allowed on stage, according to her.

The 2016 BBMA'S allowed Britney the space to remind the world who she was, but it was a set of all her Vegas Mixes, which were barely remixed which were at this point, three years old for some, and no new music. 

The VMA's are the perfect example of her team allowing her to be overshadowed when she could easily match her contemporaries. Rihanna was given the same award Britney was in 2011, and got 3 Medleys that night, performing new, old and remixed music that showed off her talents. Beyonce was given essentially a superbowl performance to promote her album. Britney was given a minute and a half to perform her new song, and then performed someone else's, with only w fraction of the budget invested compared to others. That's bad management, especially considering all the issues surrounding decisions the conservatorship team made with Glory.

The VMA vanguard is a golden opportunity to show the world who you are and what you did, but Britney wasn't allowed that. Her contemporaries were all given the space and respect to remind the world who they are, to do entire features of their work, but Britney wasn't, and yhe only person who faced the criticism was her, not her team...

...and couple that with the obvious topics; because she wasn't given freedom or respect, she couldn't care yet she was called lazy. Despite her wanting to do new work, her team made her perform the older songs, which she found boring. She couldn't record vocals, or sing live, and had to perform to decades old vocals. 

All these decisions were made for her, but she got brunt of it all.

• Love 6
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

I'm gonna try and break this down a bit...

Britney has reached icon status, and for the longest time, has been there. Her early contemporaries have all gained enough recognition that they are now treated as crowning jewels in any event they appear in. Her newer contemporaries from the late 00's-10's all reached that space too. With this, they are not just given the space to promote, but are given the respect and recognition to do what they do best, which is why they are given long features rather than short performance, even if they have nothing new to promote.

Since the conservatorship, Britney either didn't perform, or her team refused to either carry out her vision OR allow her to match her peers, even if she was the attraction. 

At the 2011 VMA'S, where her work was being recognised, her speech was short and acted as an introduction for Beyonce. That is not Beyonce's fault, that is Britney's teams for not acting in her best interest to recognise her accomplishments. 

At the 2015 BBMA's, Britney couldn't perform live, but also her collaborator, Iggy Azalea, was essentially blackmailed into signing contracts at the risk of not being allowed on stage, according to her.

The 2016 BBMA'S allowed Britney the space to remind the world who she was, but it was a set of all her Vegas Mixes, which were barely remixed which were at this point, three years old for some, and no new music. 

The VMA's are the perfect example of her team allowing her to be overshadowed when she could easily match her contemporaries. Rihanna was given the same award Britney was in 2011, and got 3 Medleys that night, performing new, old and remixed music that showed off her talents. Beyonce was given essentially a superbowl performance to promote her album. Britney was given a minute and a half to perform her new song, and then performed someone else's, with only w fraction of the budget invested compared to others. That's bad management, especially considering all the issues surrounding decisions the conservatorship team made with Glory.

The VMA vanguard is a golden opportunity to show the world who you are and what you did, but Britney wasn't allowed that. Her contemporaries were all given the space and respect to remind the world who they are, to do entire features of their work, but Britney wasn't, and yhe only person who faced the criticism was her, not her team...

...and couple that with the obvious topics; because she wasn't given freedom or respect, she couldn't care yet she was called lazy. Despite her wanting to do new work, her team made her perform the older songs, which she found boring. She couldn't record vocals, or sing live, and had to perform to decades old vocals. 

All these decisions were made for her, but she got brunt of it all.

Yes fully 

Is anyone else confused? I haven’t said anything before because I didn’t want others to chop my head off...

I may end up making this a separate thread but why does she keep saying they wouldn’t let her remix her older songs? Every time she’s performed her older songs on tour they’ve ALWAYS been remixes…. but no one here seems to be pointing that out. Obviously the con was HORRENDOUS…but why does she keep mentioning remixes when 1. There are sooo many other horrible things she could expose them for and 2… it doesn’t seem exactly true (at least the way its worded on IG). Im NOT accusing her of lying of course I just mean I think there must be a bigger story to the remixes. She mentions JLs participation in a medley in anger (rightly so because JL looked and sounded ridiculous). But despite Britney saying she never got to do the exact same thing…she in fact did. Britney DEFINITELY performed a very similar medley of her songs at the BBAs in 2016 and KILLED IT! Her best performance during the con imo. She had that SPARK again!

I wonder if what she means is she didn’t want to perform FULL versions of her older songs and begged to just play a 5 minute MEDLEY of the old hits during all the tours so she had much more time to perform the new songs? But why not just say that?

Anyway can someone help a sista out and explain it to me? (Britney obviously doesn’t owe me or anyone an explanation about anything so I thought I’d ask other fans their opinion on what she means)

Confused Elizabeth Olsen GIF by Disney+

1 hour ago, hello70 said:

Is anyone else confused? I haven’t said anything before because I didn’t want others to chop my head off...

I may end up making this a separate thread but why does she keep saying they wouldn’t let her remix her older songs? Every time she’s performed her older songs on tour they’ve ALWAYS been remixes…. but no one here seems to be pointing that out. Obviously the con was HORRENDOUS…but why does she keep mentioning remixes when 1. There are sooo many other horrible things she could expose them for and 2… it doesn’t seem exactly true (at least the way its worded on IG). Im NOT accusing her of lying of course I just mean I think there must be a bigger story to the remixes. She mentions JLs participation in a medley in anger (rightly so because JL looked and sounded ridiculous). But despite Britney saying she never got to do the exact same thing…she in fact did. Britney DEFINITELY performed a very similar medley of her songs at the BBAs in 2016 and KILLED IT! Her best performance during the con imo. She had that SPARK again!

I wonder if what she means is she didn’t want to perform FULL versions of her older songs and begged to just play a 5 minute MEDLEY of the old hits during all the tours so she had much more time to perform the new songs? But why not just say that?

Anyway can someone help a sista out and explain it to me? (Britney obviously doesn’t owe me or anyone an explanation about anything so I thought I’d ask other fans their opinion on what she means)

Confused Elizabeth Olsen GIF by Disney+

Let's take BOMT as an example. Within BOMT's first four years, it got remixed into a tapdance number, a wizard of oz funk number, several dancebreak edits, a high energy trance number, a smooth jazz number. All of these had different vibes, vocals etc. for what was a relatively new song. 

Piece of Me remained the same for two years, and then got a small revamp but remained the same show; all the vocals were taken from the original studio recordings, and all the tours tied featured the same Mixes. It was essentially five years of the same show with minimal changes.

Simon Elllis was interviewed on the Original Doll Podcast and made it clear that Britney didn't wanna do her hits unless they felt new, and Britney herself said that she did the old stuff because fans wanted it during FF interviews.

While the songs were changed, we are talking about songs that were reimagined on a near weekly basis for different events, but during the conservatorship, they basically didn't change, and were essentially just handed to Britney without her input...

Take this into account when looking at her new releases being pushed aside for her old work that she's not allowed change. Britney's spark was so strong on any glory track she performed, yet every festival performance featured the same selection of songs in their Vegas format...

...and then your sister gets to just walk onstage and sing your song Oops, as a Country Ballad, and then go on television and sing TTWE...

• Love 1

While I get what Britney is saying, I find it hard to believe she was begging to record new vocals for older songs. If she wanted to do new vocals she could've just sung live :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

I remember back when she had control she did used to do very different BOMT versions on tour etc etc... 

With Circus Tour a massive amount of the setlist was newer songs eg Circus and Blackout. 

FF Tour also had a fair few number songs from the album. 

Vegas was a greatest hits show so fans would've been a bit bummed to get there and not hear the hits. If Britney had her way I feel like POM would've featured nothing from the first 2 albums and maybe 1 or 2 from Britney and ITZ. She probably would've gone for non single tracks which may've been great (Touch Of My Hand had a great performance) but the GP would've been disappointed as they wanted songs they knew. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block