NY Ranks the VMAs 2022 best and worst performances: Nicki Minaj, Fergie were hot, Blackpink not so much

Style.

"The stiff, lifeless performance?" WHAT?... :xcuseme_mad_say_what_hmm_confused:

Clearly, the American who wrote that is pressed as fuc* about how Eastern music is dominating everywhere... If someone else had done a similar performance, they would have thrown flowers at them... please don't be so obvious!. :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

You may not like it or care, but to say it was the worst is too much...

When they can compare the quality, the marketing, the budget, the choreographies, costumes, the video direction, etc, etc... only then we can begin to discuss who is better... meanwhile keep hating... :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Luminous said:

Clearly, the American who wrote that is pressed as fuc* about how Eastern music is dominating everywhere... If someone else had done a similar performance, they would have thrown flowers at them... please don't be so obvious!. :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

When they can compare the quality, the marketing, the budget, the choreographies, costumes, the video direction, etc, etc... only then we can begin to discuss who is better... meanwhile keep hating... :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

preach :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Oddly PVenom is the first BP song I actually like by them lol, as for the performance- I find them stiff when they move? I find them boring overall. I find most(not all) GG's in kpop look robotic when dancing while the guys are so fluid in their moves. It's strange and I don't understand why that is. The only GG I enjoy is Itzy.

47 minutes ago, Luminous said:

yea i agree 100%. was this their first vma performance? i think that is a pretty top notch performance. i don't understand the hate.

• Love 1

wow the nonsense of this thread title and article. you don't like Blackpink, I'm sorry for you. But stating as a public opinion or trying to influence others to agree with you is just dumb. The ones who didn't have the time to discover Blackpink and will read your opinion will be curious to watch why you said it was the worst performance and will find what's the real deal.

Nicki performance, boring af. Because I prefer watching vocals, beauty and well coordinated choreography all together, and that's my view. But i'm not saying it was the worst performance.

• Love 1
On 8/30/2022 at 4:23 AM, Niaraley said:

You really have nothing to do to criticize them like that, it was a good performance, people are so hateful nowadays. Even if you don't like a performance, you don't have to bash on an artist like that 😒😤

What are you, 12?

People are entitled to their own opinions and your perception of "bashing" may greatly differ from others

• Super Mods

Idk what's happening to Blackpink tbh but I feel like they have been dumbing down their dance choreos on purpose. They debuted as immaculate, crazy talented dancers, and all of a sudden they are coming back for the 2nd-3rd time with these choreos a pre-school kid can easily do. 

I feel like their label is forcing them to go for super simple dancing maneuvers just so kids on TikTok can easily imitate it and use the song for their vids so it would skyrocket with popularity.

Such a waste of incredible talent tbh...it's sad.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block