Lady Gaga performs "Angel Down" for the victim's of that massacre, but says I hope the states turns blue, half of the stadium booed and walked out of the venue

Lmao at her saying that. I think both are silly. Most people who like Gaga enough to see her live know she's not politically conservative, and Gaga should know that stating a wish for a state to opt for a different political party is an unnecessary distraction from the show and a waste of breath. 

Don't @ me. I'm not saying she can't say whatever she wants. I just don't want to hear commentary on political parties at concerts I've paid to attend, and I'm not alone in feeling that way. 

• Love 5
  • Haha 2
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, IsraeliMatt said:

Lmao at her saying that. I think both are silly. Most people who like Gaga enough to see her live know she's not politically conservative, and Gaga should know that stating a wish for a state to opt for a different political party is an unnecessary distraction from the show and a waste of breath. 

Don't @ me. I'm not saying she can't say whatever she wants. I just don't want to hear commentary on political parties at concerts I've paid to attend, and I'm not alone in feeling that way. 

I'm gonna assume you have never been to one of her concerts but she's always made statements like this at them. If you don't like that, then that is your charge. But anyone who has seen her live knows that she will speak about something of this nature at some point during the show. This woman screamed "Cuff me, Russia! Arrest me! I don't give a ****! after she was warned not bring up anything LGBT-related at her concert in 2012. I find it hard to believe a significant mass of people just happened to buy tickets without researching who they were gonna see and got offended enough to walk out of the show. I have seen more plausible explanations from people that were at the show that evening and the more logical reason for people leaving is that she started late and it was already 11:30 PM by the time she reached this point in her set. This was a Tuesday, so maybe they had work in the morning? It was also said that traffic was terrible and the stadium was very unprepared.

• Love 1
  • Like 4
7 hours ago, Groundbreaking said:

Literally rushed to wrote about this but still, you were faster @Spicechinodiva :ricackle_rihanna_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe:

As for her, telling in one of the biggest republican bastion of power ´I hope it will turn blue´ is... :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: had people wanted to turn blue, they would have already done in. Also, I am yet to see anyone leaving, the video only showed people cheering ha up so :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

Comments said the nosebleeds were walking, this is a fan cam but witnesses said you can't see it but I saw it happen. They said far left of the stadium.

It actually got pretty damn close to turn blue in the last gubernatorial election, so it's not completely out of the question (they're just working on getting more people in the major cities to vote), but I think it's strange people paid a ****ton of money (i've seen them ticket prices) and are oblivious to her worldviews so much that they'd walkout. Personally, I wouldn't have brought up elections, but like, do they know who she is? 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Lol these stories that talk about how an artist was booed for xyz and then you watch the video and all you can hear is cheering.

Also, it’s a bit tiring to hear the “don’t bring politics to the concert when I just want to hear you sing.” Artists can be political activists just like people in any other field. Sure, it can get uncomfortable if you disagree, but it’s not Gaga’s job to make everyone feel comfortable. She’s been pushing boundaries and being an advocate her whole career, so why does she need to draw a red line at talking about politics? Voting and advocacy are instruments of change in a democracy, and when one of the parties has turned its back on democracy, it’s hardly the time to be quiet.

Also, political activism was a huge part of music and music culture in the late 60s, which was also one of the greatest times for music. I see no reason it shouldn’t happen again today 

• Love 4
  • Like 1

When will celebrities realize that a lot of people don’t care what their political views are. They tell us, ban all guns while having 24/7 security carrying, guess what, guns. They tell us, buy electric cars, buy solar panels, save the planet, while flying everywhere in their private jet. They say, let everyone come into this country, don’t close the borders. While living in mansions inside 10 feet walls.

Entertainment should be used as a escape from the real world. Not for out of touch celebrities to tell us who to vote for. 

• Love 6
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block