Janet Jackson or Madonna?

How blessed are we to have them both? :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

I love them both and think their work and legacy is very different.

Madonna’s Immaculate Collection is a hard-to-beat compilation of important pop singles. Evita is also one of my all-time favorite albums and opened her up to an entirely new fan base (and introduced some of her fans to Broadway).

Janet, however, has one of the most impressive album streaks of any music artists: Control, Rhythym Nation, janet., and the Velvet Rope are amazing bodies of work. She also harnessed dancing and choreography in such an innovative way that clearly influenced future pop stars (namely Britney).

Both helped to establish the blueprint, and we’re much better off that they’ve shared their art with us.

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
Just now, filmandstage13 said:

How blessed are we to have them both? :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

I love them both and think their work and legacy is very different.

Madonna’s Immaculate Collection is a hard-to-beat compilation of important pop singles. Evita is also one of my all-time favorite albums and opened her up to an entirely new fan base (and introduced some of her fans to Broadway).

Janet, however, has one of the most impressive album streaks of any music artists: Control, Rhythym Nation, janet., and the Velvet Rope are amazing bodies of work. She also harnessed dancing and choreography in such an innovative way that clearly influenced future pop stars (namely Britney).

Both helped to establish the blueprint, and we’re much better off that they’ve shared their art with us.

Love this!! Great way of putting it! 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, officialmaurice said:

The very thing I hate about these threads: the two parties aren’t even comparable. They have celebrity and creating art in common… that’s about it 

But Janet is not as known and global as Madonna. Never has been :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Like 1

Janet because I love her personality and I think she's a better performer than Madonna to this day, even if she's less successful. I give Madonna credit for having better hits generally and better catalog and videography , but I still prefer Janet for her humbleness and pleasant vibe . :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
Just now, ExXL said:

Janet because I love her personality and I think she's a better performer than Madonna to this day, even if she's less successful. I give Madonna credit for having better hits generally and better catalog and videography , but I still prefer Janet for her humbleness and pleasant vibe . :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

And dancing/performing abilities! 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

Man this is hard but if I had to pick, it'd be:

Madonna!

madonna-maverick-management.gifmadonna.gif

Her music is flawless, her videos were creative, her movies were fun plus she just oozed star power and charisma especially in the 80s. 

I dont even have to have been alive in the 80s to understand her impact on pop culture, music and society in general.

Finally Enough Love-50 Number ones, is proving that people forgot Madonna actually made great music, and it shouldn't be overlooked.

Especially since it's proving the dance floor side and the marketing warner did. Global release parties..

Janet Jackson has a compilation,,but the fact it's only available in Japan, where the super bowl didn't work for her.

But lets be honest Janet has definitely been plagued with lots of bad international press Glastonbury and her walk out in Australia over mimed vocals.

Add the tik tok where she was called old and Michael Jackson mom. Gen z doesn't know Janet Jackson.

But, Madonna yeah definitely especially Stan Twitter has a strong Madonna fan base that dubbed people wanting a like a prayer album or another confessions, the maga fans of Madonna, basically their compared to the trump cult cos their stuck I the past.

But my friend here pissed British people especially pop music lovers calling Steps, who's in the lead for Number one over Madonna who's looking at number 2, it was pretty ignorant, he said British people preferring cheesy very gay pop like Kylie Minogue and Steps, local acts pretty much proves how dumb British people are.

They don't even write their material and known for drag race covers, that's dumb how this band is seen as pop royalty fir British pop music lovers. But Kylie Minogue also an icon there shows their taste In cheese is not particularly Bright and very reductive.

@Isla

@I Always Sing Live

@Jordan Miller

It definitely started once again how US pop music is different and proving ignorance by slamming UK on celebrating their culture and their music which steps is.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block