Janet Jackson or Madonna?

For me, Madonna. I love pure pop. When Janet has made pop music like 'Doesn't Really Matter' and 'Made For Now,' I've adored it. A lot of her other stuff delves into genres I don't care about. I'd probably rather know Janet as a friend or co-worker or whatever though. Madonna's personality seems, um, tiring much of the time. 

Both are amazing but if I had to pick like which one put a stronger stamp on pop music or the music industry. Would have to be Madonna she was pushing buttons for the female artist when no one else would dare , and very unapologetically.  Also way more memorable era's.

like a prayer madonna GIF I personally in my taste wanted to say Janet but Facts are Facts.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Did Janet ever dealt with this Maybe Madonna might be a cold hearted person cos of relentless bullying and being disrespected by her peers, Steven Tyler for example, this is 1994 people 28 years later the same treatment still happens..

Tommy Lee nude photos gets praised while Madonna is SLAMMED same with Britney spears..

To be fair, Janet did deal with the United States collectively losing their minds because her nipple appeared on TV. 

17 hours ago, GODYONCE IS A LEGEND said:

Madonna easily. Janet really only had 2 or 3 memorable eras, her artistic peak being in the 90s. Other than that, she’s quite forgettable and her act got tired. Lowkey the Kylie Minogue of America except slightly better. 

Janet had many eras such as Control, Rhythm Nation, Poetic Justice, The Nutty Professor, All for You ect. and was extremely popular up until the Super Bowl fiasco with Justin Timberlake.  Madonna has had her own career altering moves like her American Life album which tainted her career.  Both are amazing so not sure if I can choose just one.  

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, oscar0 said:

I've always liked Madonna, but this year I went on a trip with Janet and I can't stop listening to Miss You Much. It's an addiction. And also the whole Control album, and a little bit of Janet. In fact, Janet is like a less extreme answer to Erotica.

So all for you and Damita Jo makes erotica blush, if you take away did you do it? Which is why Erotica is explicit,  it would be just as Tame as the Janet album 

I can't choose one. I love them both!!! Both are equally ICONIC!!!

Personally, I tend to prefer Madonna's catalog. Also, Brit & Madge have collaborated several times. 

But, in terms of the influence into Britney's music, I think that Janet had a bigger impact on Britney's songs, visuals and choreographies.  

• Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2022 at 10:26 PM, thebritmaster said:

Janet :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell:

Because Britney and her dance alike

spacer.png

Britney & Beyonce BOTH owe just as much to Janet as Ciara, Aaliyah and Tinashe (all these girls are ALL her daughters) (especially considering Janet is everything Beyonce wants to be and more, Britney took many tracks Janet refused, the Britney 2001 album, the DWAD Tour etc. Ciara copied Janet's whole career etc). All the pop girls owe a huge debt of gratitude to the Queen of Pop Janet.  

OT: the real Queen of Pop and her name is........ 

It's JANET aka GODNET miss JACKSON if you nasty. 

On 8/24/2022 at 6:13 AM, Joman82 said:

I can't choose one. I love them both!!! Both are equally ICONIC!!!

Personally, I tend to prefer Madonna's catalog. Also, Brit & Madge have collaborated several times. 

But, in terms of the influence into Britney's music, I think that Janet had a bigger impact on Britney's songs, visuals and choreographies.  

What does this topic have to do with Britney :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block