Britney Spears "has no estate" so what is the deal with Britney Brands?

When Johnny Wright accuses Britney of this:

"Upon information and belief, SPEARS and BTI concealed from WEG a series of negotiations and agreements for otherwise commissionable Gross Receipts payable to WEG, thus diverting those commissions to SPEARS directly or indirectly, or to corporate entities without the knowledge, consent, or agreement of WEG, both before and after the termination Agreement."

What he's likely referring to is this:

June 24, 2003 - A branch of Britney Touring, Inc. is incorporated as a "foreign business corporation" in the state of New York by Rudolph & Beer, LLP, Attn: Park Avenue South, 432 Park Avenue South 2nd Fl., New York, NY, 10016. (Company No. 2923015)

Feb. 26, 2004 - A branch of Britney Touring, Inc. is incorporated as a "foreign profit corporation" in Florida by Stacy Smith & Associates, 1503 Colley Ave., Norfolk, VA, 23517. The certificate is issued by the Florida Secretary of State after a penalty of $3,450.00 is paid to compensate for transacting business in the state for over three years without incorporating. (Company No. F04000001093)

Note that...

Larry buys the insurance for the Onyx Tour through the NY branch, and the settlement therefore would have gone to the NY branch. (Without Johnny Wright knowing about it.)

The Florida branch was never used, and was dissolved after an annual report was never filed.

Therefore, the Florida branch had no apparent function. (Which is why it appears to be sus AF.)

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I'm thinking Stacy was asked by Larry to incorporate Britney Touring in Florida to justify why the proceeds of Britney Touring (up until then incorporated only in Louisiana) were going into a bank account in Florida.

A bank account that James Parnell had access to.

There's a key date that we keep forgetting about, which may have influenced the "family" decision to insert Bryan into the mix in 2003.

May 23, 2002 - Gossip blogs report that Britney's parents, James and Lynne Spears, have separated and that Lynne is asking for a divorce.

OH!! Was this a bank account that Lynne did not have access to? Or did not know about? 

Or was the divorce simply a strategy to divide and conquer? Like the opposite of children of a divorced couple.  

Serenity was *supposed* to be for Lynne and Jumbo Lynn. But we know how that worked out. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

"Upon information and belief, SPEARS and BTI concealed from WEG a series of negotiations and agreements for otherwise commissionable Gross Receipts payable to WEG, thus diverting those commissions to SPEARS directly or indirectly, or to corporate entities without the knowledge, consent, or agreement of WEG, both before and after the termination Agreement."

June 24, 2003 - A branch of Britney Touring, Inc. is incorporated as a "foreign business corporation" in the state of New York by Rudolph & Beer, LLP, Attn: Park Avenue South, 432 Park Avenue South 2nd Fl., New York, NY, 10016. (Company No. 2923015)

Feb. 26, 2004 - A branch of Britney Touring, Inc. is incorporated as a "foreign profit corporation" in Florida by Stacy Smith & Associates, 1503 Colley Ave., Norfolk, VA, 23517. The certificate is issued by the Florida Secretary of State after a penalty of $3,450.00 is paid to compensate for transacting business in the state for over three years without incorporating. (Company No. F04000001093)

Note that...

Larry buys the insurance for the Onyx Tour through the NY branch, and the settlement therefore would have gone to the NY branch.

The Florida branch was never used, and was dissolved after an annual report was never filed.

Therefore, the Florida branch had no apparent function. (Which is why it appears to be sus AF.)

OOOH. And ultimately Johnny is paid off and goes away and everyone forgets about it.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

OH!! Was this a bank account that Lynne did not have access to? Or did not know about? 

Bingo.

All this time I thought it was Bryan who was the culprit.

But no.

I think Bryan was sent in by Lynne in an attempt to stop the financial bleeding.

And this could very well be why the SJB Revocable Trust was created (with Bryan as co-trustee) and why James Parnell was shipped off to rehab.

Bryan: "I was not very well liked, you could put it that way, amongst the team." Interviewer: "Did you give a rat's ***? I mean, if they're stealing from your sister?" Bryan: "Looking back on it, I did what was right." Interviewer: "What did you do? Did you clean house?" Bryan: "Ya. Everyone but the manager."

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, Forever222 said:

Why didn’t Bryan fire Larry then? 

At the end of the day, they all had their own agendas to control and benefit from Britney. Scum. 

Perhaps that was a contractual issue as well? Breaking the managerial contract with Larry may have cost too much to be worth it?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Bingo.

All this time I thought it was Bryan who was the culprit.

But no.

I think Bryan was sent in by Lynne in an attempt to stop the financial bleeding.

And this could very well be why the SJB Revocable Trust was created (with Bryan as co-trustee) and why James Parnell was shipped off to rehab.

Bryan: "I was not very well liked, you could put it that way, amongst the team." Interviewer: "Did you give a rat's ***? I mean, if they're stealing from your sister?" Bryan: "Looking back on it, I did what was right." Interviewer: "What did you do? Did you clean house?" Bryan: "Ya. Everyone but the manager."

This makes a lot of sense. I wonder what threat (or carrot) was used against Jamie to get him into rehab?

51 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

This makes a lot of sense. I wonder what threat (or carrot) was used against Jamie to get him into rehab?

Perhaps this is where the Maloofs come in?

Jamie left rehab and appears to have started working for the Maloofs not long after.

Let me think on this a bit...All of a sudden the timeline is starting to click.

16 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Perhaps this is where the Maloofs come in?

Jamie left rehab and appears to have started working for the Maloofs not long after.

Let me think on this a bit...All of a sudden the timeline is starting to click.

Jamie’s branch of JJ Chill was launched right after his rehab stint - I wonder if they had something to do with it? A fresh start on the West Coast? I can see now how Lynne may have had a hand in crafting that option. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Note that...

Larry buys the insurance for the Onyx Tour through the NY branch, and the settlement therefore would have gone to the NY branch. (Without Johnny Wright knowing about it.)

Just an update, if this happens to help. Someone asked about Epic Rights, who handles the issuing of the licenses of Britney Brands. 

Epic Rights was founded by Dell Furano. He directed the merchandise liscensing programs for Columbia and Tri-Star Pictures. He died in September of 2021. His wikipedia page:

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, mocha latto said:

Just an update, if this happens to help. Someone asked about Epic Rights, who handles the issuing of the licenses of Britney Brands. 

Epic Rights was founded by Dell Furano. He directed the merchandise liscensing programs for Columbia and Tri-Star Pictures. He died in September of 2021. His wikipedia page:

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

A witness.

:omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

Thanks for this thread all, very interesting reading! Unfortunately much of the legal/contract/financial stuff goes right over my head (lol) :britlol_britney_surprised_wow_oh_shocked_choatic: but still getting the gist and all the investigative work y’all are doing is amazing. Mind blowing to think Britney could’ve been ripped off from the beginning. I remember the podcast Brit’s former make up artist appeared on and she said something about Britney talking abut money once, didn’t sound like B would’ve had a real grasp on just how much she was worth (I wouldn’t either if I was her at that age lol). Also an account that floated around on here named Ali Sims (whether it was her or not idk) made a comment once inferring her family were stealing from her. And then Kelly Clinger giving info about crime she witnessed when she was around in the early days. It all comes together, so sad to think things were rotten even in those early years :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Ghoulia said:

Well, @mocha latto asked in another thread about this quote:

"Sands claimed the theft is on a grand scale, involving racketeering, wire fraud and money laundering, and that the theft occurred prior to the conservatorship taking place and continues still."

https://www.mtv.com/news/mgjzdk/britney-spears-has-been-robbed-her-self-proclaimed-lawyer-insists

If Jamie was caught re-handed, and Britney knew about it, then perhaps prison was the carrot on a stick?

The WEG suit appears to have uncovered it in 2007/2008, and Lou appears to have been hired to cover it up...But it doesn't mean Johnny Wright was the first to discover it.

• Love 1

This seems like a question for @RebellionSparkles because of the issue of the Uniform Transfers to Minors Act (UMTA) age of majority.

The SJB Revocable Trust...

It would have thrown a wrench into James' alleged theft, correct?

Because suddenly, in December of 2002/2006 James would no longer be the guardian of Britney's "estate" in the state of Florida, and she would have been able to direct the profits coming in from Britney Brands and Britney Touring into the bank accounts she chose. (Correct? Florida seems hinky due to the issue of 25 being the age of majority in the state of Florida if the transferer/parent chooses.)

My guess?

Bryan and Lynne likely helped B establish new bank accounts which James would not have access to, and helped her establish the SJB while he was in rehab so that she could make a "fresh start."

But what am I asking here?

I guess I'm asking what the process would have been for disentangling James from access to her money?

Burt Padell was fired...Stacy Smith was brought in, but she was working for Shania at the time (correct?) and was likely never meant to be a full-time business manager...Then Britney hires Todd Gelfand at Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman following her marriage to Kevin.

But the nuts and bolts of bank accounts...And various branches of LLC's delivering money into various bank accounts...That's where the racketeering, wire fraud and money laundering could come in.

Dec. 2, 2002 - Britney Spears turns 21, which is the Uniform Transfers to Minors Act (UMTA) age of majority in the states of Florida and New York. Money deposited into a UTMA account typically can't be withdrawn except by the child at the appropriate age. A UTMA custodian may be able to use some custodial assets for the "use and benefit of the minor."

Jan. 2003 - Some time during this year, Bryan Spears begins overseeing Britney's finances. "It was 2003 that I took over, until 2009," he claims in an interview from July 23, 2020. "We didn't have anyone that was overseeing the actual financial business development, next step kind of thing for Brit. We had managers, we had business managers, we had agents. Everything. But no one was looking at what the left hand was doing and looking at what the right hand was doing. There was no top cop, basically, who was looking out for her best interests. So we, as a family, as we always do, vote and come up with a family decision. We all thought that it would be a good idea for me to oversee all of it...Making sure money is being put away, new business is being formed, brands are being formed, trying to make money while we sleep so we're not so focused on having to tour." Bryan continues, "Looking at a situation...if I feel like I don't have a really good handle on it, or if I feel like I don't have the expertise to conquer it, I go and hire or find the person or company that can. So, I went and hired Ernst & Young out of Nashville, brought them in and did an entire audit of every single detail of her business from publishing to branding to merchandising...we had a huge doll line. Tour merch, and all of that. And I had those guys give me a report that showed me, and we all broke it down. And then I went back, assessed it, and then I wound up having to make a lot of adjustments after that." Interviewer: "So how did you feel when you got that report?" Bryan: "I was not very well liked, you could put it that way, amongst the team." Interviewer: "Did you give a rat's ***? I mean, if they're stealing from your sister?" Bryan: "Looking back on it, I did what was right." Interviewer: "What did you do? Did you clean house?" Bryan: "Ya. Everyone but the manager."

July 26, 2004 - Britney's estimated $100-million fortune is placed into the SJB Revocable Trust. Britney is the sole Trustee. The Trust includes all of Britney's corporations: BBS Entertainment Inc., Britney Brands, Inc., Britney Films, Inc., Britney On-Line, Inc., Britney Television, LLC, One More Time Music, Inc., Parklane Productions, LLC, Coastal Operatives, LLC, B & L Music, Inc., Fairy Zone Productions, Inc. (California), Bridgemore Timber, LLC, Vista Peace Productions, LLC, Britney Touring, Inc. (the "Entities"), and Fairy Zone Productions, Inc. (Delaware). The Trust also includes all of Britney's  stocks and securities, cash and cash equivalents such as bank and savings accounts, and personal items such as jewelry, vehicles, and clothing. There are five ways to contest a trust in the state of California: Undue influence, mental incompetence, forgery, a defect in the document, and multiple trust documents.

Dec. 2, 2006 - Britney turns 25, which is the Uniform Transfers to Minors Act (UMTA) age of majority in the state of Florida if the transferer/parent chooses. Otherwise, the age of majority in Florida is 21-years old.

14 hours ago, Ghoulia said:

Perhaps that was a contractual issue as well? Breaking the managerial contract with Larry may have cost too much to be worth it?

Larry appears to have been a part of it with James.

Larry was James' lawyer, not Britney's.

Larry appears to have been the lawyer for Jive, and for James Parnell, and he signed a management contract with Britney...But was he ever the attorney for Britney directly?

Larry and James now appear to be a package deal.

So how might that allow them to allegedly steal?

Example...

The insurance for the Onyx Hotel tour was purchased through the New York branch of Britney Touring, which was formed by Larry after Johnny Wright's contract ended...The New York branch would have received the settlement.

Johnny didn't know about that branch, which was evident when he repeatedly listed the Louisiana branch in his court documents.

We're dealing with three federal RICO Act crimes:

1. Racketeering
  2. Wire fraud
  3. Money laundering

Those are very specific allegations that were made by Michael Sands, who was presumably speaking on behalf of his client, Sam Lutfi.

So...

How would Lutfi know about these crimes?

For one...

When did the $17-million audit with Jive Records occur?

It was mentioned by Adam Streisand in the probate court, but we don't know when it first happened.

March 10, 2008:

https://web.archive.org/web/20080311143640/https://x17online.com/celebrities/kevin_federline/britney_courthouse_update_britney_gets_1500_week_allowance-03102008.php

Commissioner Goetz also granted Luce-Forward (Jamie's lawyers) a release of her funds to the tune of a $25,000 retainer for a new Miami lawyer to deal with her ongoing audit of Jive records.

They've also retained the services of entertainment attorney Tom Hansen, at a severely reduced rate of $15,000 a month. Hansen is also Mel Gibson's lawyer.

https://web.archive.org/web/20080311143532/https://x17online.com/celebrities/britney_spears/court_to_discuss_permanent_conservatorship-03102008.php

It was revealed in court today that entertainment attorney Jorge Hernandez-Torano of Holland & Knight in Miami, was retained to head up Britney's $17 million audit of her accounts with Jive Records.

I spoke with Mr. Hernandez-Torano and, after a long pause, he told me:

• "I cannot not confirm or deny my firm's representation of Ms. Spears."

I will continue looking.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

March 10, 2008:

https://web.archive.org/web/20080311143640/https://x17online.com/celebrities/kevin_federline/britney_courthouse_update_britney_gets_1500_week_allowance-03102008.php

Commissioner Goetz also granted Luce-Forward (Jamie's lawyers) a release of her funds to the tune of a $25,000 retainer for a new Miami lawyer to deal with her ongoing audit of Jive records.

They've also retained the services of entertainment attorney Tom Hansen, at a severely reduced rate of $15,000 a month. Hansen is also Mel Gibson's lawyer.

https://web.archive.org/web/20080311143532/https://x17online.com/celebrities/britney_spears/court_to_discuss_permanent_conservatorship-03102008.php

It was revealed in court today that entertainment attorney Jorge Hernandez-Torano of Holland & Knight in Miami, was retained to head up Britney's $17 million audit of her accounts with Jive Records.

I spoke with Mr. Hernandez-Torano and, after a long pause, he told me:

• "I cannot not confirm or deny my firm's representation of Ms. Spears."

I will continue looking.

Great find!

I don't remember ever reading those two X17 articles!

"...a new Miami lawyer..."

:omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

The Jive contracts were not signed in Florida.

So why the need for a Miami lawyer?!

EDIT:

Maybe it was?

Do we have a copy of the amendment?

Apr. 14, 2000 - Johnny Wright negotiates an amendment to Britney's recording agreement with Zomba, providing for additional advances and increased royalties.

Source: Complaint, Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, October 27, 2007, Page 6. (Case No. 48-2007-CA-014233-O Div. 32)

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block