Why Was It Okay For Doja Cat To Shave Her Head Yet It Wasn’t Okay When Britney did?

• Super Mods

spacer.pngLiterally everyone is praising her and saying it looks good but when Britney does it was this huge media storm. I don’t even think she made headlines about this and she did it on Instagram live but when Britney does it there’s a media frenzy and she’s in every magazine and website… The world truly failed her :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

spacer.png

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

Wasn't Britney going through a highly publicized divorce at the time? Among other things? Plus she was constantly hounded by the paps so her every move was tracked and reported. Doja isn't even in the same league in terms of controversy, so nobody cares about her shaved head.

If you want to talk about things that the media ignores about Doja, how about her infamous TinyChat antics that the MSM tried to sweep under the rug 2 years ago?

• Like 3
  • Super Mods
4 minutes ago, RedCarpet said:

listen, we all know Britney wasn't in the best place back then, even looking at the pictures from that night u can see there's something wrong with her. it wasn't a fashion choice. it was some kind of rebel move or asking for help..

whatever. it was long time ago. she did that. people were shocked. that's all 

We all have had fun and wild times. It doesn’t mean that there’s something wrong with us. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Why are you asking questions you know the answer to? 

Britney was in the middle of a very public breakdown and was quite clearly struggling through a very public, nasty divorce. Let’s not with this nonsense comparing one woman shaving her head to another when the circumstances, as you know, are completely different. 

• Love 1
  • Like 6
  • Super Mods
Just now, rennen2.0 said:

Why are you asking questions you know the answer to? 

Britney was in the middle of a very public breakdown and was quite clearly struggling through a very public, nasty divorce. Let’s not with this nonsense comparing one woman shaving her head to another when the circumstances, as you know, are completely different. 

My point is that the world decided to tear down one while not doing the same for the other. Britney didn’t deserve the hate she received over shaving her head. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

My point is that the world decided to tear down one while not doing the same for the other. Britney didn’t deserve the hate she received over shaving her head. 

But your point is irrelevant given that the circumstances of one woman shaving her head is completely different to the other. What are you not getting?

• Love 1
  • Like 6
15 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

1. It's been 15 years since Britney did it. People learned to not judge as much.

2. Doja's a black woman. Shaved heads on black women are a very common style. They're not common on white women which is one of many reasons why Britney's shaving caused so many waves.

3. As far as I'm aware, Doja is not exhibiting any erratic behaviors (besides arguing with that 17 year old from Stranger Things). So people aren't linking her shaving her head to her "being crazy".

Excatly. While society still has a long way to go, we've come a long way since 2007. I mean "woke" wasn't even a thing back then. Neither was body positivity. People didn't really talk about mental health. People loved to tear down celebrities back then and had little sympathy because "they're rich!" Also, race does play into this, its more common for black woman to shave their heads, when a white woman does it, it's not the norm, so she's either crazy, sick, or "brave" because she's doing it for an acting role. Also, this was pre- undercuts too, so while that's not shaving your entire head, it was super trendy for a while for both men and women to shave/buzz parts of your head, so I think that also made an impact on people to make it less "shocking" when when have shaved heads. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block