Why Was It Okay For Doja Cat To Shave Her Head Yet It Wasn’t Okay When Britney did?

You guys have been serving FACTS in this thread. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

I agree with you all. I will only add to the conversation that at this point Britney had become a symbol way bigger than her. She was an iconic American brand like Disney, Barbie, Coca Cola/Pepsi etc...a culture that became huge around the world during the 90s...so like I have always said when she, at least unconsciously, gave to the world that WOW picture of the perfect American Hollywood Barbie girl shaving her head it was in other words giving the middle finger to a whole system.

The power of an image.

I'm not saying she was aware of this but that's the impact it had, very Andy Wharholesque.

It became way bigger than what she probably imagined.

• Love 4
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, Alio said:

You guys have been serving FACTS in this thread. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

I agree with you all. I will only add to the conversation that at this point Britney had become a symbol way bigger than her. She was an iconic American brand like Disney, Barbie, Coca Cola/Pepsi etc...a culture that became huge around the world during the 90s...so like I have always said when she, at least unconsciously, gave to the world that WOW picture of the perfect American Hollywood Barbie girl shaving her head it was in other words giving the middle finger to a whole system.

The power of an image.

I'm not saying she was aware of this but that's the impact it had, very Andy Wharholesque.

It became way bigger than what she probably imagined.

I wonder if she’s going to talk about it in her book! 

• Like 1

Britney basically sacrificed herself for all of us, she was the experiment. So sad but so true, people now realize how mean they were to Britney and they can now accept others. For some reason people still think they can police Britney and judge her for anything she does which is crazy cause she's now a FREE 40 year old woman. 

• Like 4
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, Freakshow__ said:

Britney basically sacrificed herself for all of us, she was the experiment. So sad but so true, people now realize how mean they were to Britney and they can now accept others. For some reason people still think they can police Britney and judge her for anything she does which is crazy cause she's now a FREE 40 year old woman. 

:canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

1 minute ago, GlitterRain said:

I wonder if she’s going to talk about it in her book! 

Well i personally would love to see her embrace it and even be proud of it but I highly doubt it. She probably connects this with her being in rehab and her aunt's death and this whole rollercoaster she was going through at that time. 

1 hour ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

1. It's been 15 years since Britney did it. People learned to not judge as much.

2. Doja's a black woman. Shaved heads on black women are a very common style. They're not common on white women which is one of many reasons why Britney's shaving caused so many waves.

3. As far as I'm aware, Doja is not exhibiting any erratic behaviors (besides arguing with that 17 year old from Stranger Things). So people aren't linking her shaving her head to her "being crazy".

Your 2nd point is in relevant to this situation considering she shaved her head and eyebrow on ig lives and caused a frenzy on social media…

And people are claiming she’s behaving erratic and she’s gotten interesting eyebrows tattoos…

I support doja but This thread is embarrassing @GlitterRain , stick to reporting about Britney. 

y’all must really only keep up with just Britney haha 

• Love 1

its really alarming and worrying that people on exhale do not see the difference in shaving your head because you are having a mental / emotional breakdown and shaving your head as a cosmetic / fashion choice / change of look.

britney shaved her head as a coping mechanism to take back control of her life at the time. so the problem is not shaving her head. no one has a problem with someone shaving their head. the problem is WHY she did it... and yes, it was very worrisome and it shouldn't be taking lightly. she was indeed in a horrible place (not her fault and totally understandable, other might have taken their lives... she simply shaved her head luckily)

not to mention she did this as a "**** you" to the world and the media which is also not healthy and not the right way to handle things, so yes, again it is worrisome to shave your head under those circumstances. (again, totally understandable why she did it... but not the same as doja)

and then when she said "people shave their heads all the time" it was just an excuse from her to try to undermine it and she didn't want to be publicly shamed AGAIN and admit it was the result of a mental breakdown - not to mention she said this on "for the record" which we now know she couldn't say the real reasons.. and i'm sure she now knows that it was indeed a way to cope with her situation and that while it wasn't wrong to do it, it was indeed the result of the mental breakdown.

doja probably wanted to change her look and did it as a fashion choice... not as the result of a mental breakdown.

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME CIRCUMSTANCES, and no. i am not criticizing britney, but we can't pretend these two events are the same.

once again:

why did britney shave her head: mental breakdown.

why did doja shaved her head: for fun.

conclusion: not the same.

end of my ted talk.

• Love 3
  • Like 4
  • Super Mods

I know, right?

Its such a double standard!

Im guessing maybe the reason why it was a big deal when Britney shaved her head is cause up until that point, she had a polished and pristined popstar image and people never expected her to do that.

And I also think that people assumed that she'd go back to Primeney after she divorced K-Fat but it went in the opposite direction.

Regardless,

its sad how Britney STILL has to deal with double standards especially cause of her naked IGs.

Its stupid how no one says anything about Kim showing her naked plastic azz on there and she has WAY more kids yet when Britney does it,

she has to "go back to the conservatorship". SMH

She sadly cant win :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

9 hours ago, leviathan said:

its really alarming and worrying that people on exhale do not see the difference in shaving your head because you are having a mental / emotional breakdown and shaving your head as a cosmetic / fashion choice / change of look.

britney shaved her head as a coping mechanism to take back control of her life at the time. so the problem is not shaving her head. no one has a problem with someone shaving their head. the problem is WHY she did it... and yes, it was very worrisome and it shouldn't be taking lightly. she was indeed in a horrible place (not her fault and totally understandable, other might have taken their lives... she simply shaved her head luckily)

not to mention she did this as a "**** you" to the world and the media which is also not healthy and not the right way to handle things, so yes, again it is worrisome to shave your head under those circumstances. (again, totally understandable why she did it... but not the same as doja)

and then when she said "people shave their heads all the time" it was just an excuse from her to try to undermine it and she didn't want to be publicly shamed AGAIN and admit it was the result of a mental breakdown - not to mention she said this on "for the record" which we now know she couldn't say the real reasons.. and i'm sure she now knows that it was indeed a way to cope with her situation and that while it wasn't wrong to do it, it was indeed the result of the mental breakdown.

doja probably wanted to change her look and did it as a fashion choice... not as the result of a mental breakdown.

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME CIRCUMSTANCES, and no. i am not criticizing britney, but we can't pretend these two events are the same.

once again:

why did britney shave her head: mental breakdown.

why did doja shaved her head: for fun.

conclusion: not the same.

end of my ted talk.

You are right. I'd like to just add that Doja shaving her head may have a little more to do with her insecurities around having 4c type hair, something shes always actively loathed about herself and speaks to some inner turmoil she may feel about being biracial. But that's not an exhale kind of conversation to have. The point is that the two situations are far too different to compare. 

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Almost Mystical said:

Time changes. Britney was considered to vulgar back then even with this look:

Body Roll Dancing GIF by Britney Spears

And now we have Anaconda’s divk and a bucket and a mop for that wet azs pvssy. 

I remember Criminal being -18 on YouTube back then

Same for S&M by Rienne :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

And Telephone by Gagz

Now they're vanilla :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

My 10y.o. *** making an account "born in 1990" to bypass the censorship 

Britney was very erratic during that time, there was the umbrella incident, and I don’t think it’s irrational to assume Britney was not doing it for fashion. It’s not really fair to say “this person shaved their head versus that person shaved their head” because the context is quite different. That’s not said to condemn Britney in any way, I’d have probably lost it 100x worse than Britney if I lived her situation. But it’s just a fact. The situations are very different. Still doesn’t mean Britney can’t shave her head if she wants to… but if we are asking “why people love Doja’s when compared to the reaction of when Britney did it”, well, that’s why. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block