Why Was It Okay For Doja Cat To Shave Her Head Yet It Wasn’t Okay When Britney did?

14 minutes ago, halfdressed said:

Britney was very erratic during that time, there was the umbrella incident, and I don’t think it’s irrational to assume Britney was not doing it for fashion. It’s not really fair to say “this person shaved their head versus that person shaved their head” because the context is quite different. That’s not said to condemn Britney in any way, I’d have probably lost it 100x worse than Britney if I lived her situation. But it’s just a fact. The situations are very different. Still doesn’t mean Britney can’t shave her head if she wants to, if we are asking why people love Doja’s when compared to the reaction of when Britney did it. 

I'm near Brits age so I remember it very clear and you're right. It was events leading up to that why people made such a big fuss. Not only that, but the shots they took of brit while she was shaving her head were a bit.....disturbing. overall, people agreed that the papz & everyone else should just leave her alone. The papz at that time was too intense. She literally couldn't go anywhere w/o 100 people following her. I don't know how she kept her composure. I would have REALLY lost it. 

• Like 4
21 hours ago, JayTawndre said:

Britney could shave her head now and people would love it. It's a different time.

Honestly, Britney with a short pixie cut and maybe shaved sides would honestly be so sickening.

19 minutes ago, halfdressed said:

Britney was very erratic during that time, there was the umbrella incident

IIRC both of these events were the exact same night. Which probably lends more weight to why people were so shook. I mean, we've all seen that infamous photo of the umbrella incident. Britney looks terrifying and full of rage (with very good reason), but back then, I can imagine most people interpreted it very differently than we see it now.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
23 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

1. It's been 15 years since Britney did it. People learned to not judge as much.

2. Doja's a black woman. Shaved heads on black women are a very common style. They're not common on white women which is one of many reasons why Britney's shaving caused so many waves.

3. As far as I'm aware, Doja is not exhibiting any erratic behaviors (besides arguing with that 17 year old from Stranger Things). So people aren't linking her shaving her head to her "being crazy".

One word! Britney was 10000000 times bigger then Doja at that time and Paparazzi were committed to destroy her image. 

Aslo, time has changed and people learnt to move on

• Like 2
2 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Honestly, Britney with a short pixie cut and maybe shaved sides would honestly be so sickening.

IIRC both of these events were the exact same night. Which probably lends more weight to why people were so shook. I mean, we've all seen that infamous photo of the umbrella incident. Britney looks terrifying and full of rage (with very good reason), but back then, I can imagine most people interpreted it very differently than we see it now.

the umbrella incident happen to days later, after she quit the second rehab

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, halfdressed said:

Two completely different situations. 

I'm not talking about this situation specifically... for example the "nude" photos.. every second famous female posts "nude" photos, whether it's on social media, ads, MV, etc.. I don't remember reading harsh comments like I read on Britney's social media.. I know that everyone receives harsh criticism because some people feed off of insulting others... but I still feel that she is an object of ridicule.

• Like 1
On 8/15/2022 at 4:35 PM, RedCarpet said:

it wasn't a fashion choice. it was some kind of rebel move or asking for help..

Exactly :wink_britney_everytime_white:

The fact that she shaved her hair was seen as a big shock to both the media and the fans and gp because this happened at a time when she was in a self-destructive spiral and shaving her hair was the icing on the cake that was missing for her to erase once and for all the image of the  s e x y  blonde from pop.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block