Nicki Minaj set to receive the MTV Vanguard Award at the VMAs

WAIT, WHAT?!? Why? How? This award doesn’t have to be given out every year… to just throw it at anyone to get a slight bit attention is crazy. I can count on one hand with fingers left over how many memorable videos she has. This isn’t even to discredit her musical achievements and I am a fan… but no. Her biggest legacies are her features tbh.  

• Love 1
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, Nate b said:

WAIT, WHAT?!? Why? How? This award doesn’t have to be given out every year… to just throw it at anyone to get a slight bit attention is crazy. I can count on one hand with fingers left over how many memorable videos she has. This isn’t even to discredit her musical achievements and I am a fan… but no. Her biggest legacies are her features tbh.  

Sit down, pressed rat. She is an icon with iconic imagery, videos and an unparalleled legacy that has defined a generation. That’s what the award is celebrating. Hopefully Eminem will follow pursuit the following year. 

I can’t stand you deluded gays sometimes.

• Haha 1

Why? She doesn’t have one iconic music video. Yes a moment but all forgotten. There are plenty of artists I can mention.

Eminem. Lady Gaga. The Backstreet Boys. Christina Aguilera. Bruno Mars. Kelly Clarkson. Shakira. Bieber. No Doubt. MARIAH CAREY.

I love some Nicki Minaj. But she doesn’t merit this award based on music videos, pop culture maybe but even that’s a stretch. 
MTV just handing these out at this point.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

Sit down, pressed rat. She is an icon with iconic imagery, videos and an unparalleled legacy that has defined a generation. That’s what the award is celebrating. Hopefully Eminem will follow pursuit the following year. 

I can’t stand you deluded gays sometimes.

Lol wow!!! Are you some Candice Dillard wannabe or something? Taking vicious attacks at people doesn’t discredit the factual statements, but I sure hope it makes you feel better. Glad you are getting the opportunity that I’m assuming she is getting because no one else is willing to show up. Eminem deserves it 10x over her, so at-least we can agree on that. 

at-least you are making her proud with the gay bashing, even though she wouldn’t have a career without the gays. Barely has a relevant one now because she lost so many as fans. 

3 hours ago, Nate b said:

The only iconic video of hers I can think of is Anaconda. Might as well rename the award as it clearly isn’t given out for the music videos anymore.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I love Nicki but not this before Xtina... That's embarrassing (for MTV). Katy and Gaga can wait, they are from a later generation.

I love them both, but Nicki is a pioneer in female rap AND pop. Christina is only popular for her pop eras while Nicki excelled in both. I want to see Christina get the award, but Nicki is more relevant than Christina today

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block