Nicki Minaj set to receive the MTV Vanguard Award at the VMAs

1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I love them both, but Nicki is a pioneer in female rap AND pop. Christina is only popular for her pop eras while Nicki excelled in both. I want to see Christina get the award, but Nicki is more relevant than Christina today

I still will forever hold Xtina in a special place. Not another single bish could have endured competing against Britney at her prime. Xtina really is a fighter... even if it's for second place.

Looking back at her career, Nicki earned the vanguard award. She’s not a newcomer, she’s been in the business since 2009 and had multiple successful era that spanned over more than half a decade. Shes not a one hit wonder who burned out in a matter of 2 years.

maybe I don’t enjoy her music, but I don’t deny her reign. 

• Love 4

It’s a little embarrassing and flat out wrong that she is getting this before Lady Gaga or Katy Perry. However, I do believed she is worthy enough to be receiving it. I mean, she is probably the most successful female hip hop artist at this point. Super Bass, Anaconda, Moment 4 Life, Your Love, Starships, Barbie Dreams, Beez in the Trap, and alllll the many guest appearances…say what you want, but she has a lot of memorable videos. I do hope her performance goes well bc that’s an area I feel like she’s never been as great. Her live moments are usually pretty sloppy in my opinion. Ready for her to surprise me and prove me wrong.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Isla said:

The only iconic video of hers I can think of is Anaconda. Might as well rename the award as it clearly isn’t given out for the music videos anymore.

You are the same member who told me Lizzo is a rapper. Sit down and check your facts and stop ridiculing yourself. It’s pathetic at this point. Can you get the big picture? 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Style. said:

You are the same member who told me Lizzo is a rapper. Sit down and check your facts and stop ridiculing yourself. It’s pathetic at this point. Can you get the big picture? 

Literally don’t even bother at this point. Exhale is full of sheltered clowns who haven’t evolved and are still stuck in the 2000s. Increasingly scary how dense Britney fans have become in the span of the last few years who would rather spam the BSN section with K-Fed threads that have been done over and over again. Unfortunately, majority of the logical fans have left this site leaving us with the mess we’re in. :/

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

Literally don’t even bother at this point. Exhale is full of sheltered clowns and braindead idiots who haven’t evolved and are still stuck in the 2000s. Increasingly scary how dense Britney fans have become in the span of the last few years who would rather spam the BSN section with K-Fed threads that have been done over and over again. Unfortunately, majority of the logical fans have left this site leaving us with the mess we’re in. :/

Phew, you spit some fire but be careful ‘cause they will report you the second you’re opinion is different than theirs. :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

@Isla we get who side you’re on and it’s fine. The difference between Gaga and Nicki is obviously there for the people who understand pop culture. While Nicki is a trendsetter, Lady Gaga has been nothing but a trendtaker. Lil Kim is the blueprint of female rap, but Nicki’s trajectory in music is nothing similar to Kim’s other than a green wig. Meanwhile, Lady Gaga is a relict of Madonna’s glorifying period. That’s it for now. COME BACK WHEN YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE BOTH IN FASHION AND MUSIC. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

• Like 2

@GODNA IS A QUEEN The Barbs are also the blueprint of mainstream stan culture. Nicki is the first main pop girl who interacted and defined her fanbase through MySpace. If it wasn’t for Nicki’s Barbs, little monsters wouldn’t exist today. :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:

Digni and others can correct me if I’m wrong, but Nicki’s definitely one of the first artists with a massive following on social media. @Isla

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Style. said:

When did I say Lizzo was a rapper? But she is a rapper and a singer. I’m not denying Nicki’s impact and her successes at all, but I thought this was the VIDEO VANGUARD award? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block