Nicki Minaj set to receive the MTV Vanguard Award at the VMAs

I'm cackling. She's getting this award before even Eminem, Katy, Gaga, and Xtina? Nicki literally doesn't even have an iconic music video; most of her videos involve her pulling faces and/or standing in front of a green screen. :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

This is just a stunt to get Nicki to appear at this year's show because they know damn well that their ratings will flop otherwise.

• Love 4
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Stefani said:

I'm cackling. She's getting this award before even Eminem, Katy, Gaga, and Xtina? Nicki literally doesn't even have an iconic music video; most of her videos involve her pulling faces and/or standing in front of a green screen. :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

This is just a stunt to get Nicki to appear at this year's show because they know damn well that their ratings will flop otherwise.

You are botched of envy and I’m so here for it!! :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:
You are mad because the ******** couldn’t buy the Vanguard just like she did with her fraudulent Grammy! :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Haha 2
29 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Even though I think she is problematic she is legitimately a huge force in hip hop. Her hits are more iconic than many male MCs and while her work is poppier, she is a legitimate source. Let’s not erase her legacy when in reality so many men get away for the same things in hip hop. If we critique her , which I have for years then we need to talk about the bigger issue when it comes to the way people treat women in hip hop

• Love 3
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Didn’t gaga get a customised version of this award though? Triflop award or whatever they awarded  her in 2020.

They did Katy dirty I agree. Even during her bad eras, she put out great visuals and MVs.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Future Nostalgia said:

Even though I think she is problematic she is legitimately a huge force in hip hop. Her hits are more iconic than many male MCs and while her work is poppier, she is a legitimate source. Let’s not erase her legacy when in reality so many men get away for the same things in hip hop. If we critique her , which I have for years then we need to talk about the bigger issue when it comes to the way people treat women in hip hop

But isn't Eminem the reason why artists like Nicki Minaj could even persue a career in hip-hop/rap?

I mean, I don't like hip-hop and rap and I am not very known about the genre but even I know Eminem is like the face of the genre. So Nicki getting such an award before him seems like an odd choice, no?

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Style. said:

Guys I’m so happpppy! My queen is being recognized! 💖💖💖 OMFG!!! The Queen Katy and Gaga deserves the Vanguard as well just as much!!!! My childhood queens! Omg!!! I’m excited! :bouncey:

The Queen of Rap, she's going to have these jelly *****es actin' really messy!

jesy-nelson-nicki-minaj.gif

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block