As A Britney Fan, How Do You Feel About Christina Aguilera?

7 hours ago, WeatherBOI said:

There's a notorious user on ATRL that is literally OBSESSED with making Xtina look more successful than Britney. 

Screenshot:

xtina.png

I'm on ATRL and at this point, we are all convinced that he is actually a Britney stan trying to get Xtina dragged spacer.png

OT:

I actually like Xtina. I LOVE Figher, The Voice Within and Hurt. However, her stans are very annoying and are so incredibly fixated on Britney that it is a meme at this point for them to try get Britney dragged instead of streaming Xtina's new songs :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

• Like 2

I feel like a lot of her persona is a direct result of having to compete with Britney who's stardom was so strong... Which is also probably why she's kinda shady sometimes. Whatever Britney done XScreama was always like "I can do it better and louder and with more vocal runs..."

c0aed5f7a3e62f7b2e5eb88ae924402c.jpg

But yeah whatever, the rivalry was kinda interesting back then not so much now. 

• Haha 4
  • Like 1

One of the best voices of her generation, yet one of the worst techniques of her generation and probably ever. 

I feel bad that she was constantly compared to Britney, but people forget how easily she'll copy a lot of girls, not just Britney and then be shady/nasty to them. 

I think things changed when she did Burlesque and The Voice. She became her own person then, therefore become less diva-ish. 

• Like 2

I honestly think that what ended up destroying Xtina's career was Lady Gaga appearance in 2008/2009. She was like a perfected version of Aguilera with much more approach, better voice, more creativity and talent on stage :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

It's no coincidence Xtina's career went downhill from that year on... :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

• Like 3
8 hours ago, WilderWein said:

She was a bitter and mean bully when young.

This! Im from Pennsylvania she’s from outside of Pittsburgh a town called Wexford. 
When genie in a bottle came out and she was just on the scene,  she went to her prom and the DJ played her song and everyone walked off the dance floor. 
I remember this from back in the day, 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, SJK said:

This! Im from Pennsylvania she’s from outside of Pittsburgh a town called Wexford. 
When genie in a bottle came out and she was just on the scene,  she went to her prom and the DJ played her song and everyone walked off the dance floor. 
I remember this from back in the day, 

I’m from Wexford and I’ve heard a lot of stuff similar to this as well. The general consensus seems to be that she was always stuck up and very full of herself.

• Like 3

I loved her first album, Stripped was and is still one of my favourites and Back to Basics I remembering playing everyday for a while.  After that, she kind of fell off my radar, she's had some good songs, but they don't draw me in like they used to.  And her last album to me wasn't very appealing.  

With that in mind, I'll never forgive her for her rendition of O Holy Night.  Nearly ruined my favourite Christmas Carol.  And sometimes when I watch her live, I get a headache.  

• Like 1

When she first came on the scene, as a Britney fan, the media made you feel like you had to pick sides.  Now we know better and we can support all talented women!

I love a lot of her early stuff - it's very nostalgic!  In particular:

Dirrty - It's an absolute bop
Genie - Classic fun
What a Girl Wants (single mix) - Millennial empowerment anthem
Come on Over (single mix) - I had the CD single and the video is so fun - looks like one of the funnest Target commercials ever!

I love Stripped and Back to Basics, although both might have benefited from a bit of editing down.

I'll never understand Bionic... so far ahead of its time it left me in the dust :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

As much as we feel like the media pit fanbases against each other, Xtina bore the brunt of it. Her label wanted to model her career after Britney (look at how she was marketed prior to Baby One More Time in "Reflection," vs. the singles that came after).  She eventually was able to forge her own path and both have very different aesthetics artistically.

Obviously, being a big Britney fan, I tend to hold her in highest regard over almost any other artist.  I think one of Britney's greatest talents is that she's had very astute pop instincts that has resulted in longevity and multiple career-defining moments that are up there with the greatest pop legends.  I don't know that Xtina's career is on the same level, but she's also had more success than most artists could ever dare to dream of.

And both have two of the most iconic and memorable voices in pop history!  Queens!

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block