As A Britney Fan, How Do You Feel About Christina Aguilera?

I do get the sense that she's been quite stuck up at times. If she and her fans are bitter that Britney was a bigger star, I understand why. Britney hasn't taken good care of her voice and has lip synced countless times. Britney was more likable. Britney's singing is more in line with my taste. Yeah, what Christina's done vocally in her career is more impressive, however, I often dislike it. She does too much. I liked her 'Genie in a Bottle' vocals more than the gymnastics that followed. 

Christina will always get love from me for featuring a gay couple kissing in the 'Beautiful' video in 2002, at a time when doing so was actually something that would offend much of the public. 

I love quite a solid amount of Christina songs, but I dislike the majority of her music. Her new Spanish album is working for me. I hope she doesn't wait forever to make more Spanish music after this. 

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Just_Luv_Me said:

I’m from Wexford and I’ve heard a lot of stuff similar to this as well. The general consensus seems to be that she was always stuck up and very full of herself.

@SJK omg are there any stories abt Christina u have to share

good and bad. I love hearing these 

• Love 1

I am a fan. I have her first 3 albums. I have the stripped and b2b tour dvd’s. I love that she was in the MMC.
Her voice is powerful. She tends to have decent creative ideas. But she easily becomes off putting.
Her music catalog is all over the place, goes downhill fast after B2B.
Overall she didn’t reach the heights she could have.
I do feel sorry for her lack of popularity with her new material. Liberation was a return to form, it’s good to see her out performing again. But she really mismanaged her career badly from the 2010- to now. Her legacy should be better than what it is. 
At the very least she will always be known as having a great voice. :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Like 1

not-this-jan-sport.gif

Aren't we tired of this topic yet?

Xtina is an Icon, but she's also a mean girl who got her karma.

She's almost at the point where she has more flops than hits, so no need to kick her while she's down.

Just let her live her life and have fun being the strap-on queen.

Did Mean Girls teach us nothing? 

"When you get bit by a snake, you're supposed to suck the poison out"

CGb.gif

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

not-this-jan-sport.gif

Aren't we tired of this topic yet?

Xtina is an Icon, but she's also a mean girl who got her karma.

She's almost at the point where she has more flops than hits, so no need to kick her while she's down.

Just let her live her life and have fun being the strap-on queen.

Did Mean Girls teach us nothing? 

"When you get bit by a snake, you're supposed to suck the poison out"

CGb.gif

masterful post tbh

a53e8538c92d38dc6ab262a5b9423de595-chris

and people have the nerve to attack britneys instagram posts lmfao

• Haha 4

@Just_Luv_Me is typing omg ready for that xtine tea

i love her early career especially. While yes her career was initially modelled off Britney’s image, I think she was amongst the most successful of the girls to follow after Britney. Her sales and fame were untouched for so long, and she’s seen fame on a level that many others have not. while her attitude earlier on may have been less than favourable, it is interesting to think how successful she was in those days. 
waiting for u to finish typing omg

• Love 1
On 7/22/2022 at 9:18 AM, Rik said:

@SJK omg are there any stories abt Christina u have to share

good and bad. I love hearing these 

Yeah!

When I was in high school, one of my science teachers was in his 30s and he’d gone to high school with her for a couple years (the same high school I went to). Someone asked if she was nice, and he said she was nice but sort of quiet, and that once she started getting more widespread attention for her voice she stopped being as nice. To be fair, I’ve also heard that she was bullied a lot when she went to my school district and that a lot of people started treating her more negatively as she became more famous. Considering her family situation seems like it was a bit rough, I feel bad for her that people were picking on her. Her younger brother went to my high school as well and one of my friend’s older brother knew him. This was probably 7 or 8 years ago now so their relationship may be better at this point, but back then I heard he was NOT a fan of her. 

3 minutes ago, Rik said:

@Just_Luv_Me is typing omg ready for that xtine tea

i love her early career especially. While yes her career was initially modelled off Britney’s image, I think she was amongst the most successful of the girls to follow after Britney. Her sales and fame were untouched for so long, and she’s seen fame on a level that many others have not. while her attitude earlier on may have been less than favourable, it is interesting to think how successful she was in those days. 
waiting for u to finish typing omg

Considering how little she talks about Pittsburgh and how little she was talked about at my school district, I don’t think she was treated very well there. There are a lot of super rich people who live in that area and a lot of built in snobbery towards people who aren’t as wealthy, and from what I understand she wasn’t well off back then. It doesn’t surprise me that she ended up seeming very cold and closed off and stand offish at the beginning of her career after being bullied and going through the early family trauma that she did. 

Back in the day hated her . Hated how she rlly had no modesty wasnt at all humble. But hey people grow up  She seems more down to earth now.

As far as her music . I love Stripped and Lotus. But I can only listen so much before I get a headache :( or on lower volumes.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block