As A Britney Fan, How Do You Feel About Christina Aguilera?

1 hour ago, WeatherBOI said:

Back to Basics is a masterful album! She waited way too long in between eras to maintain her success though, plus Bionic is fairly bad

I agree she waited way too long in between albums to get reinspired to keep her legacy going I think that if she did release an album every 2 to 3 years she would have way more success and better albums leading up to where she is now.

• Like 2

I know that "technically" Christina has a powerful voice, but personally I don't like her singing style. The way she oversings just grates on me. I guess her singing style just isn't for me. I also get annoyed when she says "ha" often when singing, like at the end of a line.

A few of her songs are appealing to me, because they are more if the pop style that I like. I like some of her videos too.

Her personality is not appealing to me, she is not the kind of person that I think is kind or humble. So could never be a true fan of hers.

I think many people liked her casually at the time she was a relevant artist but she doesn't have the staying power. I never hear her old songs on the radio. But I do hear Britney's a lot and that makes me happy.

Christina may have the Voice (and was a judge on that show.

But Britney has the X factor (and was fittingly on that show).

They don't need to be pitted against each other. But if they were, for me it's Britney all the way! Better music at the core of it. Britney is like her own genre of music that I like.

• Love 2
  • Like 5

1999-2001 I was a MASSIVE Christina fan, she was my second favorite after Britney of course. 

2002-2003 I loved Stripped but I started to dislike her as a person.

I started liking her less and less although I did listen to her albums, specially Back To Basics and Bionic. I still enjoy some of her music, it's a cool throwback moment for me and I will always love her. She seems a lot more genuine in recent years and i guess overall i'm still a fan. :) 

• Like 1

As a person? She is phoney and delusional.

As an artist? She is phoney and delusional.

:oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

I know her music catalog from her debut album up to Lotus. She was a trend follower who will do and say whatever the current trend requires. I don't think she even likes her own music, just records whatever she thinks is popular. Producers have made a lot off giving her mediocre productions because they know she doesn't know what good pop music is.

• Haha 3
  • Like 2

I love her first three albums and her Christmas album i listen to every year still. I was a fan earlier in her career but then she became unlikeable and waited too long between albums. 
I remember the time from her first album and stripped was such a long period. 

• Like 2

She was a bitter and mean bully when young. I understand the bitterness a little bit. I imagine it not to be easy to be constantly compared to your more successfull past best friend, and to be constantly pitted against her and other girls. Can’t expect a young girl to handle that perfectly, but that being said, she was also very mean in general, and had an ugly arrogant attitude too.

But now when she’s an adult, a mother, I find her likable. She makes the music she wants to make (not anything I am personally into most of the time) and doesn’t feel she needs to prove anything anymore. She seems like a smart woman, was doing the feminist thing before it got popular.

And she makes me wonder what Britney would have looked and been like if she would have had the healthy and stable life Xtina has… Guess Xtina had the better deal after all…

In terms of music.. I like Stripped and Bionic, and a few songs here and there from her other albums. 

I personally adore her new lips. whilest I usually absolutely hate beautiful women ruining their faces with cosmetic surgery (Britney.. for one).

• Love 2

Xtina is talented and she did amazing albums. 

She was a little mean and the beggining but I do not blame her, she was suposed to debut before britney, and then britney came and change the game, It obviusly impact xtina career, because her label want her to take the same direction as britney, that-s when the media started talkning ****. And every interview they made for Xtina they always talked about britney and compare Xtina with Britney. But this did not happen to britney. 

I like her, I like her music but I have to say that her career is a mess, She released music without any promotion, no tour, no nothing.

• Like 1

I don't mind Xtina, but it her fans are vile. They're just so bitter when it comes to defending her and purposefully go out of their way to badmouth other artists that aren't xtina, as if Xtina is getting Taylor Swift sales and acclaim, or Beyonce's hype.

I didn't see any other fanbase use the conservatorship as an insult, with the exception of Xtina fans. They're deluded on her relevance, her success, her sales etc, and they're just down right mean. They claim there was never a feud when it makes Xtina look humble, but go out of their way to bad mouth Britney at any chance.

I genuinely think they are one of the worst fanbases, and while Xtina can't control that, I think to some degree, it is a reflection of her, in the same way any fanbase reflects their favourite artist.

• Love 6
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block