Britney expresses her anger towards documentaries about her and that it was her voice that freed her from the conservatorship: HELPING ME? REALLY?

5 minutes ago, b42ad said:

Actually, I think Britney is the only person in the world who does grasp the reality of the situation. She has already told us we don’t even know half of what they did to her. I don’t like people policing how she should feel about these kinds of things when it’s her life and her experience and she has every right to feel the way does.

I’m saying this based off of her not understanding why several docs were made on her and not someone like jlo. She was in an abusive conservatorship for a decade. They were not. 

I’m fully with her here. Put yourself in her place. Imagine watching someone else tell your story. Use your images/ videos without your consent. I understand that they couldn’t reach her, but that doesn’t negate the fact that she watched her story be told by someone else. The focus on her most vulnerable moment is intrusive. Seeing yourself in magazines, the news, the internet in the least flattering light all you life ****s with you. And I also agree that it was HER VOICE that freed her. Maybe the docs made noise, maybe us fans made noise, but it was her standing up and speaking her truth that really did anything. Her finding her lawyer. Let’s be real- us and every media personality have known for years that things weren’t right and not a thing changed. It’s insulting to credit a doc made by people who really known nothing about the situation for her freedom. She’s been stripped of so much, she deserves this credit at least.

• Love 6
  • Like 2
20 minutes ago, generation glory said:

There was no way for the people making docs & those participating in the docs via interviews could get Britney’s consent to discuss anything about her because nobody was allowed to get close to her or even get a message through to her because Team Con was in control of everything. The filmmakers  reached out to her team but, of course,😑they never told her, and even if they would have informed her about it they would never have let her be part of it. Britney knows better than anyone on earth what those people are about!!

This part in particular- so true. She says they should have got her consent first, but entire point behind the docs was that she had become unreachable to even ask for her consent! That was literally why they had to be made, to be able to put her back on the level playing field so that she could be like all the rest of us and actually be asked for permission on her life. 

It’s like a paradox in a way, the only way for her to be able to become someone who could give her consent freely, was to go ahead and do something without her consent in the first place. So now she’s free, but she’s the one who has to deal with all the fall out of what this feels like. Of course she’s happy to be free, but she probably also feels violated by the docs at the same time. As I said, there’s different sides to look at with this.

What I find odd is that she doesn’t seem to realise this, she seems to think that they could have been able to reach her to ask for consent 🤔 In the way that she lashed out at her dancers for not inviting her to places with them, it’s weird that she doesn’t seem to realise that they couldn’t get to her. I don’t understand this! 

Anyway great post @generation glory and I agree with it all. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

Far from it. You don’t have to fawn on every little thing Britney says just bc we are Stan’s. 

I get ya but I am sure you also understand why Britney resents these outlets that enriched themselves by exploiting her and now are getting enriched through entertainment guised as advocacy. She is tired of 2007 being brought back up. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

Britney should thank them for helping her public image, getting attention and putting pressure on the court,  the new law that was created and for the best book promo ever.

The documentary brought about stories and noise from people who helped support what she said and helped snowball the pressure and movement beyond just “crazy fans”. She can feel how she feels but she doesn’t have all the facts at all

• Love 1
  • Like 4
5 hours ago, Addicted_Heart said:

When I think about the photos they used in the documentaries, they are almost all paparazzi photos and videos.

Usually people get to choose what they post online. People take many photos and choose the ones they want to post.

Britney never had that privilege. They always use the photos that THEY want.

(This might not be the problem to her but this came to my mind when I read her post.)

I felt that too considering that she kept talking on how sad it made it her. As if there was no hope. There was this ominous feel over the whole thing due the whole secretive aspect of that she feels frustrated that no one really fought to get her word on it. It was a media frenzy.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

It’s quite literally how the world works. We know for fact that all signed nda’s. Did you not see how quickly fe shot down discussion of Lou Taylor? How she said she would chew her up and spit her out? Y’all are always so salty if you don’t understand something from the jump. 

You’re right, you know how Britney’s world works/worked behind the scenes more than Britney herself. You get salty when a woman who fought for total autonomy, is upset at filmmakers trying to create her narrative without her consent. It’s common sense and pretty shocking people want to believe what others say about her has more weight than her actual words. People like you don’t view Britney’s voice and autonomy as legitimate. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

Idk if you’re being sarcastic because we in fact DID know more than our home girl 🤡 girl didn’t even know she could file a petition to end it

Little Women Shrug GIF by TV One

Some of y’all trying to put yourselves at the center of Britney’s freedom fight is laughable. Britney did not have access to lawyers who could petition. She mentioned in many testimonies that she did not agree with the conservatorship, and thus it was the courts duty to act on her words. That’s  the point of Britney’s frustration. You have the same mindset as those who oppressed Britney. You think Britney’s own words aren’t valid. You think you have more understanding of the legal suppression surrounding her case  than Britney herself. Like what kind of narcissism is that? But hey, if it makes you feel better in your pathetic life, then go off sis. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

Yikes. I get her frustration, but I don’t think she actually grasps the reality of the situation she was in. Those docs made a lot of noise and greatly helped her situation. Comparing them to Will Smith or anyone else is a really far reach. I truly hope she is actively taking care of herself. 

Ur comment comes off as if shes off her rocker and speaking crazy. She is owning her court statement

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Lisa88007 said:

Some of y’all trying to put yourselves at the center of Britney’s freedom fight is laughable. Britney did not have access to lawyers who could petition. She mentioned in many testimonies that she did not agree with the conservatorship, and thus it was the courts duty to act on her words. That’s  the point of Britney’s frustration. You have the same mindset as those who oppressed Britney. You think Britney’s own words aren’t valid. You think you have more understanding of the legal suppression surrounding her case  than Britney herself. Like what kind of narcissism is that? But hey, if it makes you feel better in your pathetic life, then go off sis. 

Sweetie I’m not taking any credit, Britney’s words are more than valid because at the end of the day it’s her life and she needed to be heard, however, she should stop barking at the wrong tree and she should stop trashing the media outlets (documentaries) that gave her unheard voice a platform. 

I am not a blind fan and I will not agree with the way she is been conducting herself towards people that their main -and only goal was the give her a voice when she couldn’t even use hers.

• Love 7
  • Like 1
54 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

This part in particular- so true. She says they should have got her consent first, but entire point behind the docs was that she had become unreachable to even ask for her consent! That was literally why they had to be made, to be able to put her back on the level playing field so that she could be like all the rest of us and actually be asked for permission on her life. 

It’s like a paradox in a way, the only way for her to be able to become someone who could give her consent freely, was to go ahead and do something without her consent in the first place. So now she’s free, but she’s the one who has to deal with all the fall out of what this feels like. Of course she’s happy to be free, but she probably also feels violated by the docs at the same time. As I said, there’s different sides to look at with this.

What I find odd is that she doesn’t seem to realise this, she seems to think that they could have been able to reach her to ask for consent 🤔 In the way that she lashed out at her dancers for not inviting her to places with them, it’s weird that she doesn’t seem to realise that they couldn’t get to her. I don’t understand this! 

Anyway great post @generation glory and I agree with it all. 

It seems team con did an excellent job of hiding this all from her or making her think people could reach out to her. 

• Love 1

Here are my two cents on this… not that its needed but okey 

first, i agree with what she said about her testimony and how that should have been enough, but I don’t think she really grasps the idea of the documentaries and i really don’t know why she is embarrassed of them, the whole thing happened to her, its human, 

second, her being angry and all, but i know they silenced her she couldn’t really speak out… that part screams BS to me, if what they did to her was so awful she could have done this 10 years ago, but again we have no idea what is going on BECAUSE she was silent for 13 years and everyone around her, How can you expect of someone to have your back when no one knows what is going on and you are the one who didn’t say anything for 13 years… 

she didnt know she could file a petition for termination and she magically decides to do it 13 years… something has happened that really topped the glass and yet we still dont know **** …  

and the fact that she often deletes this kind of posts where she actually speaks her mind… i don't know its all suspicious to me 

and can help but wonder how all of you are acting about this topic of conversation, im just really stunned

• Like 3

@Jordan Miller I can’t even view your site anymore it constantly force refreshes or google pages take over to “spin the wheel” it’s so frustrating! 

as for this topic, Britney lives in a bubble she always has. She has screamed and shouted she wanted out and even had a testimonial of her saying she told the judge and she felt like no one listened to her last time she spoke about it. Then the audio gets leaked and it gets nationwide attention. Britney is delusional to think those didn’t help her. I wish she’d just process everything behind closed doors and heal. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.