Do you Like MARINA (& The Diamonds)?

MARINA (ex Marina & The Diamonds) is an incredible talented showstopping pop alt artist... Do you like her?

What are your top 3 albums? and top 3 songs?

Mine are:

1. FROOT (such excellent album from start to end)

Pre-order|FROOT|Marina and the Diamonds by BastianMinaj on DeviantArt

02. The Family Jewels (One of the things I fell in love with is the way she songwrites! Guuuurl she's so talented)

Marina & the Diamonds - The Family Jewels Carátula (3 de 8) | Last.fm

03. Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land (Her lastest album, is good!)

c1b3119bfadcf58bf720464395079712.jpg

and my top 3 songs (hard to chose)

01. Froot, the way is written, the instrumental, the metaphores... is just, for me, the best song of the '10s decade

02. Obsessions (Her first official single, gurl the way she writes still gets me everytime)

03. Venus Fly Trap (empowerment, daaahling)

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

You were just talking smack about @PokemonSpears Exhale Top 20 but where were you when E.V.O.L needed votes? :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat:

I joined exhale when Brit got married :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

24 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

In all seriousness though she is my favorite artist after Britney and Dua. I’ve seen her three times and am going to see her again in October. 

Top three songs: Froot, Oh No! Venus Fly Trap

Top three albums: Froot, The Family Jewels, Ancient Dreams In a Modern Land 

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Not me just noticing we almost have the same taste :shocked_red_keyboard_type_computer: and you calling people out for their lack of taste on the Exhale charts. Let me just tell you it’s @Adriannn and @PokemonSpears with the lack of taste because they never vote for Marina :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: 

I was noticing the same! 2 out of 3 in songs and 3 of 3 in albums :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Spoiler

Woow so good of you seeing her 3 times live! I'd love to see her live one time at least! :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

23 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Not me just noticing we almost have the same taste :shocked_red_keyboard_type_computer: and you calling people out for their lack of taste on the Exhale charts. Let me just tell you it’s @Adriannn and @PokemonSpears with the lack of taste because they never vote for Marina :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: 

In all fairness I think I did vote for one of her songs last year, but it was always in the top so it didn't need more votes :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I didn't vote for EVOL because just like how @Adriannn discriminates live versions :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:, I have weird feelings about voting for an old song that just got an official release a decade later. It's still an old song to me, unlike live versions, which bring a new arrangement and even collaborations that are new as well.

• Haha 2
21 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

In all fairness I think I did vote for one of her songs last year, but it was always in the top so it didn't need more votes :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I didn't vote for EVOL because just like how @Adriannn discriminates live versions :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:, I have weird feelings about voting for an old song that just got an official release a decade later. It's still an old song to me, unlike live versions, which bring a new arrangement and even collaborations that are new as well.

He wouldn’t discriminate if it was a Taylor live version though ain’t that right @Adriannn :sipnstare_coffee_mug_tea_sipping_spilling_red:

• Haha 2
23 minutes ago, agustinmalandra said:

I joined exhale when Brit got married :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

I was noticing the same! 2 out of 3 in songs and 3 of 3 in albums :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Reveal hidden contents

Woow so good of you seeing her 3 times live! I'd love to see her live one time at least! :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

Buy tickets to the Panic! At the Disco tour so you can see her :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

6 minutes ago, HisNameisChase said:

I LOVE her.

I've seen her 3 times this year alone and she is so talented! 

I wish she would stop with the superficial political songs, though. Some are good but some... are terrible. Her name change really messed up her succes imo

She is happy with the songs she’s making and the success she does have. 

3 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

3 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

He wouldn’t discriminate if it was a Taylor live version though ain’t that right @Adriannn :sipnstare_coffee_mug_tea_sipping_spilling_red:

Lemme set the record straight :bichpls_telling_preaching_mad_fighting_pointing_touching:

What I've heard from Marina is AMAZING. 'I Am Not a Robot' makes me feel some type of way. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

'Primadonna' and 'How to be a Heartbreaker' are timeless bangers that deserved a lot more success :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

'Forget' is another gem.

I just need to listen to more songs by her, and I will.

Now, as for 'E.V.O.L.', I have to side with Pokemon on this one, PLUS, I can only make room for certain re-released songs :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

• Haha 1

Im a HUGE marina fan, ive seen four times live. 

My fav album is LOVE & FEAR, which is extremely under-rated in the fandom and exhale. The album gives us a lot of experimental songs and variety , while keeping true to her intelligent and witty song-writing. 

Electra Heart and Froot round out my top 3.

My top 3 songs all come from L&F. Superstar is my #1, The instrumentals teleport me to a different time and place. End of the Earth and To Be Human are prob my 2nd and 3rd favs. All 3 of these tracks are emotionally soothing, yet strike me to the core. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, JSDSandiego said:

Im a HUGE marina fan, ive seen four times live. 

My fav album is LOVE & FEAR, which is extremely under-rated in the fandom and exhale. The album gives us a lot of experimental songs and variety , while keeping true to her intelligent and witty song-writing. 

Electra Heart and Froot round out my top 3.

My top 3 songs all come from L&F. Superstar is my #1, The instrumentals teleport me to a different time and place. End of the Earth and To Be Human are prob my 2nd and 3rd favs. All 3 of these tracks are emotionally soothing, yet strike me to the core. 

I must agree that L&F is her most missunderstood album. At first sight it lays generic and basic... but now almost 4 years from its release I really enjoy it. I mean, End Of The Earth is other AMAZING song from her, may lay in my top 5. And Superstar's intrumental and chorus is so GOOD :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

To Be Human is a hymn period.

----

as for the underdogs from Electra Heart:

Valley of the Dolls, Fear and Loathing, Buy the Stars and Hypocrates :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block