Iggy Azalea shuts down fan-made rumors of a beef with Nicki Minaj & Britney Spears

I always felt the day this happened, she probably felt like **** for the longest time, remember there was a huge debate of adding pop elements like house music and techno beats like iggy did on fancy, work and the entire new classic album was rap Music. 

They all agreed she can rap but the Music itself wasn't what we call rap, ironically Azealia banks did the sane style abd got praised cos she was black.

And if you think about the gate keeping it for black artists only is happening again with Jack harlow, but many said at one point yes we could question it..

But now the gate keeping has to stop cos late 90s and beyond yoith were all born when hip hop took mainstream, tbe gate keeping is hurting everyone it's no longer underground or on the streets..

It's everywhere and it has to stop..

I mean, I never got the feeling that Iggy had any problems with Nicki even at her peak in 2014. That being said, the same cannot be said about Nicki, who has made passive aggressive comments about other female rappers since as far back as I can remember. I don't remember if she made any comments about Iggy specifically, and I don't have time to wade through all her old/deleted tweets, but it wouldn't surprise me. But Iggy's very humble for shutting down any plausible beef rumors.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Style Holiday said:

The black culture pushed her out because she’s white, but allowed a crazy Hispanic woman to come in and disrespect one of the most influential black woman of all time! :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: 
Should I name names and tag some rats? :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: Tell ‘em bum biches to play their role… they see my **** a/ss everytime they scroll :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

The black culture? Excuse me we are not monolithic, I like iggy a lot.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I know she’s taking a hiatus, but I really hope that Iggy decides to keep releasing music.
:mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

I genuinely feel that in 20 years, when the next generation starts rediscovering our current trends and music, Iggy’s work will finally be given the props it deserves. She’ll be a legacy artist once people let go of all the controversy and drama that people can’t seem to look past at the moment. And that time will come. In the meantime, she needs to beef up her discography and keep proving to the nay-sayers that she’s in it for the long-haul and not just squeezing out the last of her 2014 fame.

:pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard:

Also it’s worth being said - (one of) the main issues people had with Iggy in 2014 was that she was being heralded as the “next female rap icon” when there were tons of talented women of color who *weren’t* getting those same opportunities. Now that the industry is changing and women of color are being given their time to shine with the Megan’s, Doja’s, Rico Nasty’s, Cardi’s, Coi Leary’s, Dreezy’s etc etc etc I think it’s finally time that we let Iggy exist without accusing her of taking away a spot from a deserving woman of color.
:truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

And for the other issues people had with her - she’s fixed her TI-influenced accent and she’s made steps to CORRECT the things she’s been criticized on. She’s speaking up on black issues and injustices. She’s raising a young man of color - it’ll forever be in her best interest to speak up on black issues and fight for change alongside the rest of us. She’s in it for life. She’s not just profiting off the culture. 

We need to step away from this toxic environment where it’s a social faux-pas to mention her name, let alone her music. Do you have to like her? No. Do you have to support her music? No. But do you need to give her the respect her like you would any other human being? Yes.

End of rant. 
:clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, SpookyFish13 said:

I know she’s taking a hiatus, but I really hope that Iggy decides to keep releasing music.
:mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

I genuinely feel that in 20 years, when the next generation starts rediscovering our current trends and music, Iggy’s work will finally be given the props it deserves. She’ll be a legacy artist once people let go of all the controversy and drama that people can’t seem to look past at the moment. And that time will come. In the meantime, she needs to beef up her discography and keep proving to the nay-sayers that she’s in it for the long-haul and not just squeezing out the last of her 2014 fame.

:pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard:

Also it’s worth being said - (one of) the main issues people had with Iggy in 2014 was that she was being heralded as the “next female rap icon” when there were tons of talented women of color who *weren’t* getting those same opportunities. Now that the industry is changing and women of color are being given their time to shine with the Megan’s, Doja’s, Rico Nasty’s, Cardi’s, Coi Leary’s, Dreezy’s etc etc etc I think it’s finally time that we let Iggy exist without accusing her of taking away a spot from a deserving woman of color.
:truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:

And for the other issues people had with her - she’s fixed her TI-influenced accent and she’s made steps to CORRECT the things she’s been criticized on. She’s speaking up on black issues and injustices. She’s raising a young man of color - it’ll forever be in her best interest to speak up on black issues and fight for change alongside the rest of us. She’s in it for life. She’s not just profiting off the culture. 

We need to step away from this toxic environment where it’s a social faux-pas to mention her name, let alone her music. Do you have to like her? No. Do you have to support her music? No. But do you need to give her the respect her like you would any other human being? Yes.

End of rant. 
:clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

So many people love her, but also was sympathetic saying, considering she's from Australia, we all know as Arizona, it's just like Europe, not many other shades except maybe the natives and White people only, so something's do happen.

Hell in Europe the c word is just describing a person in a negative way.

Calling someone a punt is like calling someone an a hole, but here it's offensive and so you know they have to retrain their mindset that what's normal in the other parts is actually derogatory in the US..

On 6/5/2022 at 9:44 AM, Style Holiday said:

The black culture pushed her out because she’s white, but allowed a crazy Hispanic woman to come in and disrespect one of the most influential black woman of all time! :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: 
Should I name names and tag some rats? :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: Tell ‘em bum biches to play their role… they see my **** a/ss everytime they scroll :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

isn't nicki hispanic either? She's from trinidad and tobago, like dominique jackson

2 hours ago, cchenbag said:

isn't nicki hispanic either? She's from trinidad and tobago, like dominique jackson

Yes. Both Cardi and Nicki are of Caribbean descent. But as far as I'm aware, Nicki claims Black American culture while Cardi B claims afro-latina culture. Both women are equally valid. Both cultures are equally valid. Are we seriously creating a hierarchy for women of color now? 

:umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

Certain Barbz (not all of them, just the toxic ones) are literally just doing what they can to discredit anyone who isn't Nicki. They realize that since they can't knock Cardi based on her accolades and achievements (like they do to Iggy), they attack her heritage. That's all it is. 

:ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block