Billboard predicts Rihanna’s ninth studio album to sell over half a million units in its first week

Cqleb

15 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Anyone that counts a single sale as an album sale because they’re both “records” are morons. Britney selling 100 million ALBUMS is counted the same as that clown selling 100 million SINGLES. Rihanna fans and Stans are delusional if they think she is among the best selling artists  :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

I can't believe we're in a music forum and only you brought up this basic fact.

Guys, stop blindingly putting people on pedestals. Rihanna has an incommensurable personality, and lots of smash hits, but she can barely deliver good albums as unified works of art, and her sound is all over the place.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Guys, stop blindingly putting people on pedestals. Rihanna has an incommensurable personality, and lots of smash hits, but she can barely deliver good albums as unified works of art, and her sound is all over the place.

Exactly. Maybe I was harsh calling her a clown, but I can’t at how many people just worship her for her mediocre albums. 70% of her singles are great and the rest is just filler 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, MikeHunt said:

Wow, way to put the pressure on her Billboard :useeinthis_chew_eating_pink:

Can I be real? It doesn’t matter if she releases something basic like “four five seconds” or “work” people will eat it up. It’s her voice. Her voice is like Britney’s, instantly recognizable and perfect for pop. 

• Love 3

Guys, as much as it pains me to say it - it’s time we come to terms with the fact that Rihanna may not ever release another album. 
:tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

As much as it kills me to say - considering I’ve been a Rihanna mega fan since 2007, this just… doesn’t add up. There’s no way contractually-speaking she would be able to go this long without a *single* release… I think the blind items may be onto something…

In her last releasee with Partynextdoor her vocals sounded very strained and auto tuned… far from the powerhouse vocals that she was serving on Anti. I’m starting to believe the rumors that she’s permanently damaged/lost her voice…

That being said, I hope I’m wrong! If ever she comes back to music I’ll be the first to support! 
:bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

She kinda did 

She's the highest certified female digital sales act 

158 Million tracks in RIAA certifications.

People keep forgetting Rihanna came at the right time when singles was starting it's take over.

iTunes helped big time. 

People preferred the single over the album.

It's been this way since 2005.

And add her album certs it still outsells Britney..

Sony refuses to recertify pure sales acts, cos when you recertify everything from a pure sales era..

The royalties are bigger, than today.

69 cents..

Baby one more time royalties can make max Martin between two to 3 million cos those contracts are still valid..

Sony don't want to fork that kind of money, so it's paying dust..

Rather pay 12 dollars for the recertified royalties than a couple of Million dollars..

That's the reality 

For Britney it would be between a couple of hundred million dollars have to be divided once everything is settled. 

By not recertifying it, Sony can't be taken to court over unpaid royalties, always a loophole in getting screwed by major labels..

@Isla

@Slayer

@Jordan Miller

@Blackout2006

Rihanna hasn't sold more than Britney lmao! Certs are a different thing, album sales aren't same as single sales this way Rihanna has sold more than Madonna to your logic. 

• Love 2

Honestly, I think even her fans are starting to get annoyed of waiting for so long.

Its clearly not her priority so why should it be ours?

Music business has changed so much (not to better, sadly) since Anti was released 6 years ago

She would really need to come up with few banger tracks, huge hits, something new, not predictable rnb/pop/reggae inspired track

Just Sayin GIF by MOODMAN

Rihanna releases hits. Literal bangers. She has something like 13 or 14 number 1s. She is a singles artist and we all know that and love her for it. I could care less about counting singles as album sales and I’m sure most people feel the same. I just hope she brings the fire with R9 cuz it’s been a hot minute and I fear shes peaked, musically. Come thru queen.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I definitely disagree her music is top tier!  Her albums don’t sale, but that’s not because they are bad by any means. People just prefer to buy singles from her. Rated R, anti, GGGB, and loud are great albums. I won’t ever be bias because I’m a Britney fan.

When people say she or he sold this many amount of  records it’s a totality of album & single sales. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Whyshouldibsad21 said:

Rihanna releases hits. Literal bangers. She has something like 13 or 14 number 1s. She is a singles artist and we all know that and love her for it. I could care less about counting singles as album sales and I’m sure most people feel the same. I just hope she brings the fire with R9 cuz it’s been a hot minute and I fear shes peaked, musically. Come thru queen.

11 hours ago, SpearsSpearsBrit said:

her discography is a BOP :ban_britney_ff_femme_fatale:in addition to the fact that she literally worked as a slave since she was 17 years old and still managed to open an economic empire :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky: Rihanna is an example of empowerment and success. :bareclap_beyonce_slow_clapping:

She does not play when it comes to making hits. I love all her stuff. 

While I get what ppl mean, you can't really compare an artist who came out after music was available for download online to one who came out prior to that. When Britney released her first 2 albums, which are her highest selling it was late 90s/early 2000s when album/CD sales were at there peak. The music industry worked in a totally different way. It was hard to just buy singles by major artists. Like I defintely couldn't easily find a CD single for Oops, you HAD to buy the album to get the song. Labels wanted to force people to buy albums, singles became big back then more so based on radio play. Then napster changed everything. By the time Rihanna released Pon De Replay, album sales overall were already massively declining as whole. And itunes was rising where you could just buy individual songs you like, even since then it's massively changed with streaming. Like hardly anyone BUYS albums anymore, unless maybe they're a mega fan of the artist. I only buy Britney albums really anymore. Maybe a vinyl if it's an album that becomes a favorite. 

So like I get it. Rihanna definitely has not sold more albums than Britney, buy she's been massively successful, it's just about impossible to say IMO who's "more successful". I mean Dua is huge right now, buy she'll never sell near as many albums as Britney did or as many singles as Rihanna did, because people steam now.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, SpearsSpearsBrit said:

her discography is a BOP :ban_britney_ff_femme_fatale:in addition to the fact that she literally worked as a slave since she was 17 years old and still managed to open an economic empire :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky: Rihanna is an example of empowerment and success. :bareclap_beyonce_slow_clapping:

Someone on Exhale who finally does not hate on Rihanna? :fakewow_selena_surprised_shocked:

• Love 1
15 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

but she can barely deliver good albums as unified works of art, and her sound is all over the place.

ANTi was a solid record, however and showed Rihanna's artistic potential.

It isn't 2010 anymore and since then, she has given pretty good records so I don't get where this argument even spawns from. Plus, for the matter, it can't be even debated on since it is subjective-based.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block