Billboard predicts Rihanna’s ninth studio album to sell over half a million units in its first week

Cqleb

1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

ANTi was a solid record, however and showed Rihanna's artistic potential.

It isn't 2010 anymore and since then, she has given pretty good records so I don't get where this argument even spawns from. Plus, for the matter, it can't be even debated on since it is subjective-based.

It was also her first release through her own Westbury road, therefore she was in charge and people forget she actually bought her masters, and people were shocked that def jam sold her the rights to her Music saying Def jam lost their biggest catalog artist and now Rihanna has every right to release it without their approval. 

The big box set of vinyls and anti was included cos she legally owned her Music.  And didn't need to ask def jam anything 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

It was also her first release through her own Westbury road, therefore she was in charge and people forget she actually bought her masters, and people were shocked that def jam sold her the rights to her Music saying Def jam lost their biggest catalog artist and now Rihanna has every right to release it without their approval. 

The big box set of vinyls and anti was included cos she legally owned her Music.  And didn't need to ask def jam anything 

This. Many ppl love to say that her career was handed to her but they aren't aware of how it was her intellect that kept her consistent throughout. If she actually listened to her label and took everything as it was, then she would just be a 2005 two-hit wonder remembered as a watered-down Beyonce who sung Pon De Replay.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

This. Many ppl love to say that her career was handed to her but they aren't aware of how it was her intellect that kept her consistent throughout. If she actually listened to her label and took everything as it was, then she would just be a 2005 two-hit wonder remembered as a watered-down Beyonce who sung Pon De Replay.

My young brand @Blackout2006run exhale pop :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat: 

22 hours ago, DougfromBrazilIsBack said:

Rihanna sold more than Britney?

Singles, yes. Albums absolutely not. Rihanna came at the end of the albums age/beginning of the digital age. She’s never been a big albums seller, but she kills it in digital sales and streaming. Britney has always been an album sales artist, who has transitioned decently to streaming/digital. So when they say 250 million for Rihanna they mean singles/streams. Britney is the last of the 100 million album sellers because that era has been replaced by streaming era. 

Remember when we were all saying “girl stop!”? She kept releasing singles left and right and starting new eras like it’s going out of style.

I swear at some point she had two albums releasing in a matter of months. Girl was on a roll. 

Rihanna has 8 albums which is perfectly okay for someone who’s been in this business for 1 and a half decade.  in fact she has more albums than her peers so it’s fine for her to kick back, relax, feel happy and lazy.  

19 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Anti is not only her longest charting album but the longest charting album by a black woman to date.

Even with all these achievements and accolades, it’s still her lowest selling album. Time on the chart =/= sales certification. I like anti though. All her albums were solid. My least fav is rated r but when that had nice deep cuts.

9 minutes ago, bas che said:

Even with all these achievements and accolades, it’s still her lowest selling album. Time on the chart =/= sales certification. I like anti though. All her albums were solid. My least fav is rated r but when that had nice deep cuts.

Rated r, is dark and angry, but given what caused that to happen.

That kind of album was inevitable..

How can anybody be happy coming out of that, you have to do the angry album before happiness hint loud..

As for the sales, I keep getting asked or told.

What are you 40? Stop buying music like old farts and embrace streaming like us kids..

One friend who's 50 says he gets teased alot for buying his music and he hates it cos he says it really shows how he's not going with the times because hard copy is better in sound and such.

Plus not everything is on streaming from my era in music anyway..

Which is late 70s and 1980s 

He even says unless it's my age but music is crap today 

26 minutes ago, bas che said:

Remember when we were all saying “girl stop!”? She kept releasing singles left and right and starting new eras like it’s going out of style.

I swear at some point she had two albums releasing in a matter of months. Girl was on a roll. 

Rihanna has 8 albums which is perfectly okay for someone who’s been in this business for 1 and a half decade.  in fact she has more albums than her peers so it’s fine for her to kick back, relax, feel happy and lazy.  

She was signed to a six album deal, she had to sign a one album deal to release unapologetic..

So I think they allowed her cos her contract said six albums and since Jay z was head of def jam at the time, he even said I'm not gonna do what people did to prince, you can put out Music anytime you like, f the public if they ask you to stop..

Work if you wanna work, you're a musician and your industry is different, they don't get vacations so why should you? 

1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Rated r, is dark and angry, but given what caused that to happen.

That kind of album was inevitable..

How can anybody be happy coming out of that, you have to do the angry album before happiness hint loud..

As for the sales, I keep getting asked or told.

What are you 40? Stop buying music like old farts and embrace streaming like us kids..

One friend who's 50 says he gets teased alot for buying his music and he hates it cos he says it really shows how he's not going with the times because hard copy is better in sound and such.

Plus not everything is on streaming from my era in music anyway..

Which is late 70s and 1980s 

He even says unless it's my age but music is crap today 

True. I still buy music on Vinyl and CDs and play using cables like a true audiophile. Kids don’t know what they’re missing. I’m glad Apple Music recently introduced lossless streaming which made HiFi a bit more accessible. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, BritneyGXKB said:

They’re so right and I’ve been sayin it. People are here for Rihanna and especially Rihanna music now more than ever! She is more recognized for her musical talent, artistry, and VOICE now more than ever! They said she wasn’t a great singer, they said she didn’t make good music, but her streaming stats say otherwise! Top 10 female artist 6 years since she released an album! Her hype is massive, somehow sustaining itself since the 2019 peak. It’s the Rihan-ticipation!

Also, I mean she kinda went away while still being a huge force. It’s not like she really ever flopped:typing_keyboard_computer: 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block