Halsey says her label won’t let her release a song unless it goes viral on TikTok

Cqleb

I'm assuming her label means that they'll release a snippet of the song as a TikTok sound and not release the full version unless it goes viral. I meeean, cut some popular influencers a little check to do a dance or whatever and boom you've got your new single. I mean sure it's kinda gross, but not that much worse than any other tactic major labels use to manufacture hits(like manipulating radioplay, or Spotify/YouTube algorithms, ect.) 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, SpookyFish13 said:

I’ve never been a Halsey fan, but I’ll admit she’s got a point. The music industry is extremely corrupt and doesn’t care at all about the art and only cares about the potential for profit. Just imagine the amount of overlooked talent that’s out there that we will probably never hear about because they’re not considered “marketable” or because they won’t bow down and submit to label demands. 

I hope she’s able to release her music soon! I bet she has tons of fans who would love to hear something new from her! Hopefully more artists start to speak out on this as well!!

Her and Chloe Bailey are extremely brave for speaking so candidly about this. Hopefully other artists will follow suit! 

Wait....isnt Chloe on Parkwood? Beyonce's label? :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

9 hours ago, K-man said:

Sold 165 million records!? 🤣🤣🤣spacer.png

Not far fetched, records means (albums + singles) and IDK her at all but instantly can say 'Closer' and 'Him and I' were here big hits these both songs alone must've sold more than 60M in singles and she has some consumed hits. 

Rihanna has sold more than 350M+ records so you know, selling singles is possible if you have them hits.

9 hours ago, Avenger said:

Not far fetched, records means (albums + singles) and IDK her at all but instantly can say 'Closer' and 'Him and I' were here big hits these both songs alone must've sold more than 60M in singles and she has some consumed hits. 

Rihanna has sold more than 350M+ records so you know, selling singles is possible if you have them hits.

Since when does “record” mean a “single”. I’ve NEVER heard record being used this way. I’ve always heard album and record being used synonymously not single. A single is a song. A track. Not a record. Unless I’ve misinterpreted my whole life and this is new to me.

Just now, x.rox said:

Since when does “record” mean a “single”. I’ve NEVER heard record being used this way. I’ve always heard album and record being used synonymously not single. A single is a song. A track. Not a record. Unless I’ve misinterpreted my whole life and this is new to me.

Nope, loads use it. Madonna's label said she sold 275M albums WW in 2009 and they clearly meant records there not albums. It happens a lot as label don't care for sales they care for money. 

Now a days records clearly mean singles + albums because mostly acts selling singles. 

I keep seeing artists post things like this and now I feel like this IS the marketing scheme. Playing the whole “I’m such a creative and I’m being trapped by my label!!” Thing when in reality if these labels are so controlling, do you really think they would let her post this publicly?  

Honestly maybe Britney’s situation influenced this trend bc executives saw how people’s empathy for someone’s suffering could line their pockets. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, ovoxo said:

I keep seeing artists post things like this and now I feel like this IS the marketing scheme. Playing the whole “I’m such a creative and I’m being trapped by my label!!” Thing when in reality if these labels are so controlling, do you really think they would let her post this publicly?  

Honestly maybe Britney’s situation influenced this trend bc executives saw how people’s empathy for someone’s suffering could line their pockets. 

Did u even watch the vid? It clearly says on there "everything is marketing"

9 hours ago, Avenger said:

Nope, loads use it. Madonna's label said she sold 275M albums WW in 2009 and they clearly meant records there not albums. It happens a lot as label don't care for sales they care for money. 

Now a days records clearly mean singles + albums because mostly acts selling singles. 

They clearly only care for the money

Celebration was almost a number one hit in my country (she sold so much) BUT her label was too incompetent to make it happen. 

So the recordlabelpeople are clueless for the most part. They don't know how TikTok even works. 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block