Dr Audrey Tang: Britney Has Aged But Hasn’t Grown

4 minutes ago, britneybits2022 said:

Literally all people are judging each other. So of course people are judging Britney as well. She chooses to share nude pics with 41m followers, so it’s expected that people judge this. I don’t think people care about the fact that she’s nude, but she looks dirty/greasy and tired/I’ll. 

she can do whatever she wants but she and y’all have to accept the fact people will judge her. She will always be an easy target, because of her breakdown, but also because she doesn’t sing as a singer and doesn’t write her own music. 

She can always disappear if she wants to

Literally all the pop stars in this world don't write 100% of their content, doesn't sing her own songs? Soon : Britney doesn't dance on her own songs too.

I have so many issues with this. And this fandom. Like I don’t get it. Do you need to like everything?! Nope. But to act like you’re supporting a woman WHO SAT IN THERAPY THAT WAS PAID BY HER CON TEAM to not be listened to and continue to be abused. But she consistently posts ***** and she’s suddenly not a woman? This sounds like Britney was placed in the conservatorship when she first started off. Like she can’t think for her self. As if likes matter. She’s literally posting small businesses for free. She’s articulating herself in a way that is more coherent and less agitated. Like nude photos being the cause as to question her sanity alone makes me wonder who all of y’all are because those agree with this come off with some shady, fake *** attitude. At this point, we don’t deserve anything from her honestly. She should shelve the book and disappear. Oh but if she did that, a whole conspiracy would revolve around how she was silenced. Let her be free. Let her be Britney. I love her because she’s not in anyway trying to give us perfection when people are literally dying in Ukraine. Like get a grip on reality please.

• Love 5

It really rubs me the wrong way when doctors publicly speculate on Britney's mental health.  Personally I think most people would benefit from seeing a therapist.  Life is messed up.  But that should be discussed privately between patient and doctor.  

I also don't understand the big deal with the nude photos and how it makes someone unstable.  I love being naked.  I'm pretty certain the only people who haven't seen me naked are my employers.  

But as someone else said.  The world is never going to stop analyzing, judging and abusing her.  It's a sad place if you're a regular person, let alone Britney Spears. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, argentinian.in.telaviv said:

I agree with her , however I also wouldn't like for Britney to see us fans discussing if she needs therapy or not, we don't know ****, I would leave it up to Britney to decide.

Even to read this woman's article feels rude towards Britney, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Watch Me Work It said:

why is this "professional" talking like she knows Britney and Sam? why should Sam "intervene"? where is this energy for other celebrities? 

smells like misogyny and ableism :begone_tiffany_miss_ny_new_york_ms_door_there_leave_bye_goodbye:

Exactly, you can not diagnose someone based of ig photos! 

you have to do a clinical study and ask questions, and follow a diagnosis scale!

Also Britney was ABSUED by therapist WHY WOULD SHE WANT TO RETURN!

she’s not doing anything wrong yes the photos are unflattering I agree but Britney should be allowed to make her own choices like many of us do.

when Kim post ***** no one says she’s mentally insane

• Love 2

britney has expressed that she feels she may need therapy in quite a few of her instagram posts. however, why anyone else feels the need to weigh in on that is beyond me 

i’m wondering why none of these psychologists are focusing their little psychoanalysis’ on britney’s batsh.it family & ex-employees than britney herself

Britney thinks "If I post something that gets me likes, that's something that will get me attention and likes"'.

britney reposts pinterest esque photos of roses and memes on her instagram i doubt she is searching for ‘likes’ lmao

funnily enough this irrelevant creature operates much like the way she describes, i.e being interviewed for attention. worse still, being interviewed about someone she has never even spent a physical second with and instead shifts her “knowledge” on to some instagram posts as if that’s even a fifth of britney’s day to day life. she has absolutely no insight into anything aside from what britney selectively chooses to share. no heart to heart talks, no capability of studying her body language in a one on one conversation, nothing. there is no communication with britney herself, therefore this is poor practice 

from personal flaws of famous people and friends being attributed to personality disorders, to psychological terms such as OCD, sociopath, gaslighting, narcissist, bipolar, borderline, and dark triad being bandied about casually like they're nothing, it seems that psychology is just turning into the modern world's/pop culture’s version of astrology 

just go on youtube and look at all the videos on psychology to see what i’m talking about

"15 signs you're dating a narcissist"

"how to spot a sociopath"

“analysing this 4 second interview of johnny depp and amber heard” 

people are obsessed with labelling and even more obsessed with trying to analyse celebrities despite never spending a nanosecond with them and instead gazing at every frame of a pixelated photo/video

quite irresponsible of this creature but what else is new  

rats will always feed upon dry wall

• Love 3
1 hour ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

This is what gets me

For some reason Britney has to take the fall for everything and be the poster child for the problems of society when she doesn't act absolutely perfect/scripted. 

I’ve always felt there was a racial/gender component to this…

no other pop star, singer, actor, gets judge this hard besides Kanye but when poc stars post these type of post the reaction is not as big it’s almost considered normal or expected now so we’re not phased… (I’m a poc myself just describing what I see)

but when it comes to white American women when they go off the script even a little in the public eye it seems like they some how crashed.

like Britney was seen as The All American Pop Princess, but what just a role that she played very well!  But she always judged harshly mostly by conservative America, Fox News, etc who saw her as the anti christ, villian, representation of everything wrong with liberals and torn to shreds for not following a strict catholic republican church girl lifestyle.

• Love 1

Lmao... it's so unprofessional for this therapist to analyse someone she has never even met. Based on some Instagram posts, really?? That in itself is a red flag to me. I don't know of any reputable therapist who would make such sweeping statements about someone they've never spoken to.

Very cynical (but sadly not surprising) that the Daily Fail would run such an article for clicks, instead of just letting Britney be. They're kinda still shaming her, but cloaking it in so-called "concern", and it's so disingenuous imo.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Any therapists knows analysing some1s behaviour should be in person after person who wants to get help approaches them. Analysing through instagram-well i do not really believe that approach. But i do feel like certain shared images can be an indicator of certain pattern. Anyway if Britney wants help she is more than capable to ask  it. And it is interesting that doctor did not wrote anything about 50 yo Madonna showing her *** or other parts on insta. But then Britney shows that pic without actually showing anything (covered) and every1 is like-she needs help. Maybe that is u who needs that help if u think of nudity as some kind of sympthome. 

I love how all of you are like "yeah end the conservatorship" and at the same time "oh yeah I feel totally okay with explaining how I feel about her mental state on a public forum while using advice on what she should or should not do as conclusion to my psycho-analytic essay on someone I don't know." 

:deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

• Love 3
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Caleb Ellis said:

Psychologist Dr Audrey Tang, author of The Leader’s Guide to Resilience, told FEMAIL that the exhibitionist snaps could be a sign of Britney still trying to find a way to break free following the 13-year conservatorship placed upon her by her father. 

Dr Audrey Tang told FEMAIL: 'The latest photos might seem like a cry for help but I'm not sure Britney is even thinking in that way. 

'She's still processing the conservatorship and her life since she was a child star - when you've been gaslit for that long, you often emerge not knowing who you are.' 

Therapy can help get her life back on track though, Dr Tang says, with the help of a technique known as acceptance and commitment therapy. 

She explains: 'It's about not going over the coercive control again, but understanding why she feels the need to post these photos now. I believe Britney's still in a form of survival mode, just because the conservatorship has ended, it doesn't mean that she's stopped fighting.

'If she stops fighting for a minute, and sit with her emotions, she'll recognise that the need to post such images is probably 'urge-surfing' to fill a void. Therapy is about trying to choose a different behaviour to answer the gap that's happening.

'It's not easy to get through the multitude of emotions someone might feel after being in a situation like this - it's similar with divorce - but you can find ways to begin to understand how you chose to survive and how those choices don't need to keep happening again.' 

Dr Tang also suggested the star may be 'urge-surfing', finding impulsive ways to get attention from fans. 

Since the legal battle, which made headlines across the globe and saw Spears given back control over her finances, and medical and personal decisions, the singer has announced an engagement, her pregnancy and been vocal about how she thought her head 'might explode' at being censored by the 13-year-long conservatorship.

Dr Tang explains: 'When you've got someone who's grown up with a very scripted lifestyle, you've got someone who's never learned what freedom is actually like. 

'The problem is she can't learn to do that now in a safe space and experiment, so she's playing it all out in the public eye. And because it's Britney, the fall-out is going to be a lot bigger than it would be for anyone else. It's like a mid-life crisis times ten.'

'She's grown in up in the public eye, and she's adapted her life to need that attention - if you haven't been able to get it in any other way, that's the way you do it.

'A child who knows that they succeed in something will get there parents love and it's the same sort of thing here. Britney thinks "If I post something that gets me likes, that's something that will get me attention and likes"'.

'On the issue of maturing of decisions and making choices, she's probably still in her twenties. She hasn't been able to go through any of that, she's aged but she's not grown. You can't expect someone to just grown up 20 years.  

Dr Tang says that even with a crack team of therapists and psychologists around her, Britney may still not be ready to listen to them because she wants to finally be able to make her own mistakes. 

Dr Tang says it's likely to be hard for the 28-year-old Iranian personal trainer to intervene because he fears appearing controlling like her father. 

She says: 'He'll be in a very awkward situation because he wants to give her a choice. He doesn't want to be the same as her dad. 

'He will have been that support who she could trust and turn to - he's likely to not want to emulate the control of her father. If her need for validation and attention isn't fulfilled, then his advice, no matter how good it is, isn't going to be listened to.' 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10800451/amp/Psychologist-says-Britney-Spears-naked-shots-40-regaining-control-conservatorship.html

LOL. Now doctors are dictating on how Britney should take pics and behave on social media?? Another day, another who telling woman how they should behave.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, icybaby said:

Any therapists knows analysing some1s behaviour should be in person after person who wants to get help approaches them. Analysing through instagram-well i do not really believe that approach. But i do feel like certain shared images can be an indicator of certain pattern. Anyway if Britney wants help she is more than capable to ask  it. And it is interesting that doctor did not wrote anything about 50 yo Madonna showing her *** or other parts on insta. But then Britney shows that pic without actually showing anything (covered) and every1 is like-she needs help. Maybe that is u who needs that help if u think of nudity as some kind of sympthome. 

I'm so flabbergasted at the reaction to non secual nude pictures.

Or am I.