Dr Audrey Tang: Britney Has Aged But Hasn’t Grown

Do we all need therapy for the thirst traps we post? :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

I guess I’m not sure why her posts are portrayed as so problematic. If she can’t post risqué photos without getting a long distance psych evaluation, I know thousands other Instagram personalities that could use a diagnosis.

Also, making these conjectures without knowing Britney or even a fraction of what she’s been through seems irresponsible and disrespectful.

• Love 7
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, filmandstage13 said:

Do we all need therapy for the thirst traps we post? :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

I guess I’m not sure why her posts are portrayed as so problematic. If she can’t post risqué photos without getting a long distance psych evaluation, I know thousands other Instagram personalities that could use a diagnosis.

Also, making these conjectures without knowing Britney or even a fraction of what she’s been through seems irresponsible and disrespectful.

This is what gets me

For some reason Britney has to take the fall for everything and be the poster child for the problems of society when she doesn't act absolutely perfect/scripted. 

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, ElenaB said:

we don't know ****. that therapist doesn't know ****. i mean, everything she's said is something anyone could think by themselves just by looking at those pics and knowing what happened to her.

i'm sure britney is sick and tired of the speculation about her mental health, it's rude and disrespectful. 

totally agree, these kind of threads shouldn't be allowed, or at least to make new guidelines

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, argentinian.in.telaviv said:

I agree with her , however I also wouldn't like for Britney to see us fans discussing if she needs therapy or not, we don't know ****, I would leave it up to Britney to decide.

Even to read this woman's article feels rude towards Britney, in my opinion.

If Britney didn’t want us talking about her, she wouldn’t be posting ***** on Instagram 

• Like 1
Just now, brit*****94 said:

If Britney didn’t want us talking about her, she wouldn’t be posting ***** on Instagram 

Yeah, but what is the limit, she literally said she hates people calling her crazy or speculating about her life, she said that all of that has hurt her a lot.

Also we have no clue what is going on with her life and it's none of our business.

Besides, who are you to make judgment if someone needs helps regarding their mental issues? Especially after Britney made it clear she hates it, as fans we should RESPECT that.

Otherwise you are probably on the same line of those selfish, unempathetic fans who sends list of "suggestions" to Vicky.

• Love 1

Guys this is not a deep psychological analysis that she is doing.
I‘m pretty sure that she just tried to make a small commentary/analysis, based on Britneys life circumstances. She is just using her scientific knowledge to make sense of her life. Yes she doesn‘t know britney, but you can tell that, because she kept this very basic and quite shallow. 

• Like 1

That was a very honest and insightful analysis, I appreciate it, thanks for sharing.
I think we need to have more profound conversations like this one in the fan base. I know that this is actually a private matter, but Britney is still handling it publicly, so she's still opening up the doors for people to talk about it.
Also, even if we analyse it generally, meaning something that could happen to any person in the spotlight, it's still an interesting topic as pop music lovers because we follow artists, people, and this is as real as it can get.
Also, if we know more about her situation I'm sure we'll be more prepared to handle it as fans. Hearing this analysis makes me be even more careful with my words about her current situation, since it can be more complex or take more time to be solved than I originally thought. But I see the bright side: She's still got so much to grow and enjoy from life!

However, I would like to point out that Britney has always been very relaxed about her body, and she always liked to show it, or was apparently comfortable doing it, since she first started in 1998, actually. Maybe that's a testament to her upbringing (I reckon, typical of the south of the US), but it never seemed forced or desperate to me...
It's also kind of dangerous to place behavioral expectations on people, especially women, because obviously not everybody is or should be or behave the same. Maybe the problem is, and I think that's what this psychologist is saying, the fact that Britney is exploiting that side of her right now and in the public eye after such traumatic years... So it's not like she should stop or avoid it completely, but it might be raising some red flags if she's doing it so repeatedly as of lately...

• Like 2

I 100% do not agree with this armchair psychological analysis. I don’t agree with any prescriptive attempt to judge anyone like this. Britney is posting this stuff because she wants CHANGE, and attention is just part of that. Saying she’s just doing it for attention for the sake of attention is offensive. If Britney still feels like she has something to prove, and posting her hot body as a 40 yo mother of two is definitely worth proving, then I say it is completely valid for her to feel that way and she has every right to feel however she wants to feel for at least the next 13 years because it will probably take at least 13 years to start forgetting what happened to her. 

Since no one has walked in her shoes I just don’t think anyone should be making those kind of judgments like that. 

• Love 1

Also, she's repeatedly calling the documentaries about her "trash" just because they were talking about her life, so she might not like to read such an analysis either... Even if all of those attempts at understanding and analysing her life come from a good place.

• Like 2

Why doesn't this doctor talk about what happened to her in that facility?  Her colleagues deliberately traumatized her to keep her controlled. What about Dr Benson's abuse? It is not Britney's fault. Stop blaming Britney, it is nothing new. Let's talk about trauma-based mind control going on in these facilities. Let's talk about how her handlers know her triggers to take nude photos of her for public to mock her... Let's talk about the termination plan whether it is really terminated.

By the way Dailymail is linked to Kardashians and Kardashians linked to Lou Taylor... Hmmm

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BritneyGXKB said:

I 100% do not agree with this armchair psychological analysis. I don’t agree with any prescriptive attempt to judge anyone like this. Britney is posting this stuff because she wants CHANGE, and attention is just part of that. Saying she’s just doing it for attention for the sake of attention is offensive. If Britney still feels like she has something to prove, and posting her hot body as a 40 yo mother of two is definitely worth proving, then I say it is completely valid for her to feel that way and she has every right to feel however she wants to feel for at least the next 13 years because it will probably take at least 13 years to start forgetting what happened to her. 

Since no one has walked in her shoes I just don’t think anyone should be making those kind of judgments like that. 

I agree with you, but I actually read that analysis more along the lines of "she's got so much to offer, showing this again is her being frightened and going to what's known and safe". I feel like the psychologist is saying that there's much more about a woman of 40 than her hot naked body... Or maybe that's just me. But yeah, it's Britney's choice.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ElenaB said:

we don't know ****. that therapist doesn't know ****. i mean, everything she's said is something anyone could think by themselves just by looking at those pics and knowing what happened to her.

i'm sure britney is sick and tired of the speculation about her mental health, it's rude and disrespectful. 

Oprah Winfrey Women GIF by Tony Awards

I CAN'T stand this "I know the truth behind everything Britney does, overanalyzing her to the end of time" kind of people...

:gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:U:gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:G:gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:H:gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:

• Love 2

Literally all people are judging each other. So of course people are judging Britney as well. She chooses to share nude pics with 41m followers, so it’s expected that people judge this. I don’t think people care about the fact that she’s nude, but she looks dirty/greasy and tired/I’ll. 

she can do whatever she wants but she and y’all have to accept the fact people will judge her. She will always be an easy target, because of her breakdown, but also because she doesn’t sing as a singer and doesn’t write her own music. 

She can always disappear if she wants to

• Love 1