Was it disrespectful of Kim Kardashian to wear Marilyn Monroe’s iconic dress?

Literally, people need to realize rich people are doing much worse things with money than rewearing a piece of clothing. It’s an ode to her, it’s not like she flucking spray painted it or something. :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

Plus Marilyn was all natural so :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

• Like 1

Her boasting about losing weight to fit into the dress without any comment on goals that should be way more important to women than fitting an effing dress is mind boggling and makes me angry for the impact on this society.

This woman and her family is the epitomy of body shamers and unrealistic set of body goals.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, Jaime Jean said:

Hmmm her makeup was done by Mario Dedivanovic, he’s supposed to be top makeup artist and has his own line Makeup by Mario…but this makeup didn’t look good and who ever did her hair that was bad too.

as far as the dress, it’s a shame it should have never been loaned out that’s on ripple’s believe it or not’ who allowed for that. Then Bob Mackie (who designed the dress)  was promoting the dress that night on his ig, it’s like everyone was willing and eager to do this, no one thought this was a bad idea and it was allowed to go on and was promoted..I think it’s a shame. The dress really isn’t that iconic anymore in my opinion. 

Like Amanda lepore said it best 

She wore a pleaser, and that's actually shade. 

Cos while it's a pleaser, out magazine said, basically Amanda the night life icon of New York gay culture basically was calling Kim, the ultimate narcissist person of this century as she only wore it to please herself, not honor Monroe as she claimed..

4 hours ago, SLV4U said:

The only thing disrespectful was her choice of hair & wearing the fur which totally took away from the most iconic part of the dress...a focus on her curves! 

Allegedly she wore the fur to cover up the back that wasn’t able to be zipped up fully. 

11 hours ago, Isla said:

I wouldn't say disrespectful. Gaga wore Audrey Hepburn's necklace at the Oscars in 2019 and I don't remember anyone saying that was disrespectful.

The dress obviously didn't fit Kim around the waist though as she couldn't zip it up properly from the back.

I think she only wore it for a while and changed to replica after...

• Like 1

The dress doesn't match the theme. It also doesn't match her skintone: let me explain, the magic of this dress was Marilyn tone, she was pale and the dress create the naked illusion. Here Kim is to tan for recreate the magic of this dress.  The dress is an archive of history and she is putting her make up on this dress. SHAME!!!!!

It is a big NO for me.

• Like 6

I think it was a cringe thing to do. That dress is an iconic piece of history and should be left alone. It was tailor made for Marilyn and her body only. She is not a saint by any means but like Britney she did have a really tragic backstory full of leeches and ultimately lost her life due to the chaos. It strikes a chord with me and honestly if some basic *** girl was wearing Britney’s iconic outfits for the Met Gala I KNOW you queens would be livid. For all this outrage what I find most offensive is that Marilyn still wore it best. :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Like 6

imagine BRITNEY channeling her inner marilyn in that dress omg :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

but yeah, i think the dress is absolutely iconic and i have no problem with kim wearing it. i have a problem with toxic diet culture and how it's always ok to lose weight but never to gain, when a lot of celebs weight is UNDER what's considered healthy. 

• Love 2

She even photoshopped her image over the appearance of Marilyn monroe at MSG

Not much a fan of conspiracies, but like the princess Diana, i believe the Kennedys definitely have something to do with what happened To marilyn.

Jackie O actually forced her son to break up with Madonna, even though he was very much in love. 

M reminded her of marilyn, it hit home to her. 

Jackie definitely gives me that vibe that she had a hand in what happened to Marilyn monroe..

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block