Was it disrespectful of Kim Kardashian to wear Marilyn Monroe’s iconic dress?

On 5/4/2022 at 1:07 PM, Spicechinodiva said:

Lili Reinhardt (Betty Cooper) actually ssid the truth, we should stop talking about the dress and the ugly hair color, hair stylist's and beauty graduates are dragging her uneven blond tones. 

But the elephant of her basically starving herself for 3 weeks to drop 16 pounds, is what needs to be addressed, setting once again a bad example..

And another reason to stop supporting that family who's whole career, and image is all about their body..

Kind of like Marilyn’s career…

if someone wanted this dress to be kept safe, they should not allow for it to be bought/borrowed. If so, the respect is from the person who allows it to go out from where it was.

If Kim, thanks to her status/money, got it, she can do whatever she likes with it.

Also, it is JUST a friking dress, get over it!

Not disrespectful, just incredibly stupid.

It did not fit the theme (something all the Kardashians and about 70% of the attendees failed at) and it was supposed to be a  nu de  illusion.

If Kim wanted to wear it so badly she should have ditched her fake skin color, then it at least would have been a closer match.

• Like 1
On 5/8/2022 at 1:12 AM, ElToxico said:

Not mad. Sad.

that people like you keep feeding into this nonsense. And it wasn't her, it was her mum.

But you're continuing the narrative by responding and talking about her still. So as much as you want to say that you don't give into her attention, well....you do.

She should not have worn the actual dress. It didn’t suite her at all. It’s a piece of art and culture that should be left untouched. She should have made a copy.

That being said, her losing weight for something to fit in is nothing wrong in my eyes. People do it everyday for their wedding, and other big events in someone’s life. I did it as well. It’s not like she went overboard to going unhealthy. 

I do like her though, this was a mistake.

• Like 1
On 5/10/2022 at 4:28 AM, Sia said:

But you're continuing the narrative by responding and talking about her still. So as much as you want to say that you don't give into her attention, well....you do.

I'm not going to get into an argument with Kim Kardashian fans because you are as deluded and shallow as they are. What you just said makes zero sense.

• Love 1
On 5/10/2022 at 6:03 PM, ElToxico said:

I'm not going to get into an argument with Kim Kardashian fans because you are as deluded and shallow as they are. What you just said makes zero sense.

Fan? See that's your problem. I've never seen one full episode of any of their shows because I frankly don't care about them, but your comment shows really how deluded YOU are. You simply can't accept that people don't have to be fans to point out your hypocrisy. 

Stay mad, because I'm not. Just think about it, you're upset/annoyed over a woman that you will likely never meet, who has no idea you even exist, yet here you are giving her your energy simply because you just don't like her. And I'M deluded? haha...

10 hours ago, Sia said:

Fan? See that's your problem. I've never seen one full episode of any of their shows because I frankly don't care about them, but your comment shows really how deluded YOU are. You simply can't accept that people don't have to be fans to point out your hypocrisy. 

Stay mad, because I'm not. Just think about it, you're upset/annoyed over a woman that you will likely never meet, who has no idea you even exist, yet here you are giving her your energy simply because you just don't like her. And I'M deluded? haha...

Okay so with your line of thinking.....if you see a crime on the street you wouldn't talk about it. Because you're giving it "attention".

So your solution is to "ignore it" in the hopes it goes away. IT WONT. But go off...

Tv Land Have A Great Day GIF by YoungerTV

I think people are overreacting as usual. Like i don't think it was flawless cause I do kinda side eye her for wearing a custom gown made for Marylin (and at her request too). Like idk it feel disrespectful to wear a dress that was literally FOR Marylin only

Tbh my real issue with this is i find it boring to wear a piece of someone else's history rather than make it your own moment. I think if she did an inspired look that was made specifically for her, it would've felt more like a genuine hommage 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block