Was it disrespectful of Kim Kardashian to wear Marilyn Monroe’s iconic dress?

She didn’t wear a dress worn by Ann frank, mother Theresa, or Harriet Tubman. She wore a dress by a woman that was pretty scandalous  like herself. I don’t understand why people put Marilyn on a pedestal. She was disrespectful af singing happy birthday to a married president she was sleeping with, while his wife was watching, while also sleeping with said presidents brother as well. 

• Haha 2
  • Like 3
On 5/4/2022 at 12:10 PM, Style Holiday said:

Can we also not portray Marilyn in whatever Saint Mary ‘cause she was clearly not, but anyway… not that I care much, I just find this place so boring latel:pretends_shocked_wow_rihanna_surprised:

But she might not be, but marilyn is part of an era of Hollywood while tragic, it's dubbed the most glamorous era and golden era cos it's a far cry from what it was in the 50s, oddly like most scholars said that era was also a conservative leaning Hollywood, which is no longer allowed or cool

• Love 1

I just dont understand the level of coverage she gets. Just to think she's getting treated at the same level as a A List Hollywood superstars when her biggest claim to fame is a s e x tape and a bad TV reality show, its baffling to me.

Even more baffling that people are watching this show 13 years later......

Ngapa Reaction GIF

• Love 1
  • Like 1

She always tries so hard to change her image. She has never seemed truly comfortable with being who she really is...no matter how much she has done. Marilyn Monroe always just tried to find herself, her own happiness, in the midst of all the chaos, that surrounded her. The big difference is that Marilyn Monroe was pressured into being a “Hollywood character,” while Kim has done EveryThing to try and promote herself as such. The dress is just a dress, and one woman wore it with class, and demanded respect, just by entering a room. The room might find Kim K. attractive, but after EveryThing, she shall never earn the same respect. The discount version of something will Never be as good as the Real Thing. 💖

• Like 1
9 hours ago, ElToxico said:

I just dont understand the level of coverage she gets. Just to think she's getting treated at the same level as a A List Hollywood superstars when her biggest claim to fame is a s e x tape and a bad TV reality show, its baffling to me.

Even more baffling that people are watching this show 13 years later......

Ngapa Reaction GIF

Are you mad she was able to turn something negative and what was supposed to ruin her life into building a billion dollar empire and becoming one of the most influential women in the world? :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink: 

She is stunning, successful, extremely rich, incredibly famous, controversial and unapologetic. She is also about to get a law degree. Everything the gays and women want to be, and everything straight men are intimidated by. Makes sense why so many people dislike her. They simply want to be her :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

• Like 1

Don’t think she did anything disrespectful bc tbh we idolize ppl waaaayyy to much who don’t need to be idolized. She wore a dress nothing major and the dress wasn’t even all that imo. 

and for lily’s comment again we need to stop idolizing and following everything that celebrities do …if the girl wants to diet in a healthy way ( if possible)  so be it. Ppl are allowed to do as they please. 

Disrespectful because she did NOT pull it off.

Everything about Marilyn in that dress was iconic. Everything about Kim was boring.

One ran in the dress and sang to JFK, the other could barely walk and had Pete Davidson by her side…

To summarize, Marilyn ate Kimmy up from beyond the grave.

• Like 3

Would of loved to see Britney in the dress lol but might of been cooler if it was more Kim's skintone and just inspired by the look MM wore? I'm not mad at it by any means but I seen her look better. The blond hair was tribuite I get it but I think it would of been kinda cool to see her with MM hairstyle with her natural color. Honestly thought she shaved her head lol The people made probably didn't even vote lol like what do they care about American History...

On 5/6/2022 at 9:59 PM, bbbsss said:

Are you mad she was able to turn something negative and what was supposed to ruin her life into building a billion dollar empire and becoming one of the most influential women in the world? :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink: 

Not mad. Sad.

that people like you keep feeding into this nonsense. And it wasn't her, it was her mum.

• Like 2

It certainly was distasteful, seeing as she clearly only did it attention and by doing so completely disregarded this year’s theme. I mean, she apparently starved herself to fit into it, boasted about it in an interview as if it’s normal and healthy behavior, only to share that the dress still didn’t fit! Why wear a dress that can’t completely close? C L O U D. It was disrespectful too, considering she was wearing an outfit in a style decades away from the theme. I want to say it’s also insulting to the host, but apparently Anna Wintour - who herself wore a lackluster ensemble - approves everything beforehand, so honestly, we have Anna to blame for this year’s overall **** show.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block