Following the Money Pre CONservatorship : A Research Thread

1 minute ago, Steel Magnolia said:

This is the problem.

When the CON started, Jamie and Wallet began registering LLC's left and right...And they used those in place of Britney's original LLC's.

I think we're going to find multiple Britney Touring, Inc.'s created prior to the CON as well...But that's just a hunch.

In WEG, one of the companies that WEG asks about is “Britney Management” and Team CON says it does not exist, but I think it must have existed at some point. so you are right there is no way to keep track of all the companies that were open and shut as soon as they took over.

so maybe we have to look more closely at A. Wallet and his relationship with Jamie. How did they find each other? Isn’t Wallet a Cali lawyer not Louisiana? How would have Jamie found him? Could these dealings with Bridgmore been why Blair Berk was involved with Jamie (criminal investment fraud/embezzlement)?

how much was stolen? And is Bridgmore the only channel of theft? At this point I assume everyone was stealing from Britney, so my hunch is that Bridgmore is only one piece of the story.

8 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

In WEG, one of the companies that WEG asks about is “Britney Management” and Team CON says it does not exist, but I think it must have existed at some point. so you are right there is no way to keep track of all the companies that were open and shut as soon as they took over.

so maybe we have to look more closely at A. Wallet and his relationship with Jamie. How did they find each other? Isn’t Wallet a Cali lawyer not Louisiana? How would have Jamie found him? Could these dealings with Bridgmore been why Blair Berk was involved with Jamie (criminal investment fraud/embezzlement)?

how much was stolen? And is Bridgmore the only channel of theft? At this point I assume everyone was stealing from Britney, so my hunch is that Bridgmore is only one piece of the story.

The records may not still be online, but they do exist...Somewhere. They may just not be digitized.

For instance, the "Britney Touring, Inc." registered in Tallahassee, Florida by Stacy Smith (the original Britney Touring, Inc.) actually is still online...It had its status revoked in 2004 due to not filing an annual report.

If that's the case...

How was the Onyx Hotel tour properly accounted for? And the M&M's tour? (Which wasn't really a tour.)

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Wallet was with Hinjosa & Wallet in CA.  https://exhale.breatheheavy.com/forums/topic/784548-former-employee-of-andrew-wallet-confirms-that-contract-between-jamie-tri-star-that-ingham-requested-from-jamies-laywers-does-exist-despite-jamies-laywers-saying-otherwise/

4 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

The records may not still be online, but they do exist...Somewhere. They may just not be digitized.

For instance, the "Britney Touring, Inc." registered in Tallahassee, Florida by Stacy Smith (the original Britney Touring, Inc.) actually is still online...It had its status revoked in 2004 due to not filing an annual report.

If that's the case...

How was the Onyx Hotel tour properly accounted for? And the M&M's tour? (Which wasn't really a tour.)

This must be Johnny’s exact point of the diverted funds! The Onyx hotel tour brought in a good amount of money before it was cancelled bc of Britney’s knee injury.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

This must be Johnny’s exact point of the diverted funds! The Onyx hotel tour brought in a good amount of money before it was cancelled bc of Britney’s knee injury.

Take a gander at the different "branches" of Britney Touring, Inc.

1) The original - A Louisiana company incorporated by Stacy Smith to conduct business in Tallahassee; Revoked for the 2004 Annual Report by 2005:

https://floridadb.com/company/F04000001093/britney-touring-inc

2) Incorporated in New York in 2003:

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_ny/2923015

3) Incorporated in Florida in 2004:

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_fl/F04000001093

4) Once Team CON got ahold of the original:

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_la/34698963D

Key Dates:

Oct. 15, 1998 - Britney Spears forms Britney Touring, Inc. through business manager Stacy Smith of Stacy Smith & Associates, 1503 Colley Avenue, Norfolk, VA, 23517 via the Corporation Service Company, 1201 Hays Street, Tallahassee, Florida, 32301-2525.

Source: Exhibit A, "Application By Foreign Corporation For Authorization To Transact Business in Florida," Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, December 18, 2007. (Case No.: 48-2007-CA-014233-O Div. 32)

Sept. 16, 2005 - Britney Touring, LLC, registered at 1201 Hays Street, Tallahassee, Florida, 32301-2525, is marked as "Inactive" and "Revoked for Annual Report." It's last event occurs on February 26, 2004, and its principal contact is Stacy Smith & Associates, 1503 Colley Avenue, Norfolk, VA, 23517.

Source: Exhibit A, "Application By Foreign Corporation For Authorization To Transact Business in Florida," Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, December 18, 2007. (Case No.: 48-2007-CA-014233-O Div. 32)

• Love 1

Using the sources below, Britney's cut of the 54 show Onyx Hotel Tour would have been $15M-$25M for performances and merchandise. We don't know how much she would have owed for the cancelation or how much insurance money she got from a final settlement.

I assume this money would have gone to Britney Touring Inc.

Signatures Network would have been the company paying proceeds for the merchandise.

Sources:

(Referring to 2004) "During that same year, BRITNEY SPEARS’ U.S. tour would have made $125,000 per show in merchandise sales alone, $50,000 to $60,000 of which would have been hers, had the tour not been cancelled. Id .; Conniff, supra note 2 (at the shows that actually occurred during that tour, merchandise sales averaged $150,000-170,000 per night, reaching a high of $180,000 at the Los Angeles show; sales for Spears’ tour merchandise reached a total of $30 million for her tours between June 1999 and April 2004.)."

https://fkks.com/uploads/news/Band_Protects_Brand_Complete.pdf

(In 2000) "SFX, the concert promoter, guaranteed her at least $200,000 per show for a 100-show tour." 

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/2000/0320/6507162a.html?sh=545654291391

"When Britney Spears blew out her knee shooting a music video, the plug got pulled on the remaining 37 performances of her Onyx Hotel Tour, leaving several concert venue directors in the lurch – and costing the pop princess $750,000 to $1 million a night in guaranteed fees from concert promoters, PEOPLE reports in its current issue."

https://people.com/celebrity/britneys-bad-knee-a-costly-proposition/

"But Ms. Spears was also pulling in millions more in baby-doll T-shirts, posters and jackets at the concerts. Signatures Network, a merchandising and licensing company that handles the sales, reported in April that it expected the tour to sell more than $10 million worth of such souvenirs by the time it ended."

https://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/19/arts/there-goes-britney-s-knee-and-oops-there-goes-the-tour.html

"The mag also catches wind of the rumor we reported earlier this week that the IRS is looking into her finances but comes up with a wacky reason. "They want to find out if she's been ripped off and by whom," and insider tells the mag"

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2008/10/britney-spears-spent-60-million-php/

1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Oct. 15, 1998 - Britney Spears forms Britney Touring, Inc. through business manager Stacy Smith of Stacy Smith & Associates, 1503 Colley Avenue, Norfolk, VA, 23517 via the Corporation Service Company, 1201 Hays Street, Tallahassee, Florida, 32301-2525.

Are we sure Stacy incorporated the original? Meaning, was Stacy Britney's Business Manager before Johnny Wright?

also, the dates after the CON gets ahold of the company could be relevant in the future.

Screenshot-2022-03-31-223658.png

1 hour ago, Ghoulia said:

Did Wallet ever work with Jamie or Britney before the CON? Did he work with anyone in the entertainment biz? How did Wallet get introduced to the Spears clan. Wallet provided the necessary financial backing to make the CON possible.

10 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Are we sure Stacy incorporated the original? Meaning, was Stacy Britney's Business Manager before Johnny Wright?

also, the dates after the CON gets ahold of the company could be relevant in the future.

Screenshot-2022-03-31-223658.png

Stacy Smith (Britney's business manager, aka "accountant") incorporated Britney Touring, Inc. prior to her first studio album being released.

Johnny Wright (Britney's personal manager, aka "career architect") signed her to a Personal Management Agreement about three months later after "Baby, One More Time" had been released.

Key Dates:

Oct. 15, 1998 - Britney Spears forms Britney Touring, Inc. through business manager Stacy Smith of Stacy Smith & Associates, 1503 Colley Avenue, Norfolk, VA, 23517 using the Corporation Service Company, 1201 Hays Street, Tallahassee, Florida, 32301-2525.

Jan. 12, 1999 - Britney Spears releases her first studio album, "Baby, One More Time," through Jive Records and the Zomba Recording Group.

Jan. 1999 - After consulting with her New York-based attorney Larry Rudolph, Britney Spears enters into a Personal Management Agreement with Johnny Wright. Both James Spears and Lynne Spears sign as her legal guardians.

11 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Using the sources below, Britney's cut of the 54 show Onyx Hotel Tour would have been $15M-$25M for performances and merchandise. We don't know how much she would have owed for the cancelation or how much insurance money she got from a final settlement.

I assume this money would have gone to Britney Touring Inc.

We don't even know if she won the lawsuit...As far as I know, it was never reported out as to what the results were.

But...

Considering there were at least three (possibly four) branches of Britney Touring, Inc. by the time May 2005 rolled around (Louisiana, New York, and Florida, and possibly US), it wouldn't be too hard to hide that settlement...Especially considering WEG viewed the Louisiana branch as the legitimate branch.

Key Dates:

Oct. 15, 1998 - Britney Spears forms Britney Touring, Inc. through business manager Stacy Smith of Stacy Smith & Associates, 1503 Colley Avenue, Norfolk, VA, 23517 using the Corporation Service Company, 1201 Hays Street, Tallahassee, Florida, 32301-2525. (Company No.: 34698963D)

June 24, 2003 - A branch of Britney Touring, Inc. is incorporated in New York by Rudolph & DeBeer, LLP. (Company No.: 2923015)

Feb. 26, 2004 - A branch of Britney Touring, Inc. is incorporated in Florida by Stacy Smith of Stacy Smith & Associates, 1503 Colley Ave., Norfolk, VA, 23517. (Company No.: F04000001093)

16 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

We don't even know if she won the lawsuit...As far as I know, it was never reported out as to what the results were.

But...

Considering there were at least three (possibly four) branches of Britney Touring, Inc. by the time May 2005 rolled around (Louisiana, New York, and Florida, and possibly US), it wouldn't be too hard to hide that settlement...Especially considering WEG viewed the Louisiana branch as the legitimate branch.

Key Dates:

Oct. 15, 1998 - Britney Spears forms Britney Touring, Inc. through business manager Stacy Smith of Stacy Smith & Associates, 1503 Colley Avenue, Norfolk, VA, 23517 using the Corporation Service Company, 1201 Hays Street, Tallahassee, Florida, 32301-2525.

June 24, 2003 - A branch of Britney Touring, Inc. is incorporated in New York by Rudolph & DeBeer, LLP. (Company No.: 2923015)

Feb. 26, 2004 - A branch of Britney Touring, Inc. is incorporated in Florida by Stacy Smith of Stacy Smith & Associates, 1503 Colley Ave., Norfolk, VA, 23517. (Company No.: F04000001093)

WEG won. I found the court docket because the WEG lawyer was bragging about the case on his website.
They settled out of court after Larry, Lou, all of Team CON was subpoenaed for deposition. This means CONs finally gave in. I’m assuming Lou never gave over the documents but I don’t know that for sure.

if there are any journalists out there in breathe heavy land, it would be interesting to do an interview with WEG’s lawyer to get his take on Team CONs accounting antics. This is going to be very relevant for the remainder of B’s CON case.

• Love 1
On 4/1/2022 at 8:54 AM, Steel Magnolia said:

Stacy Smith (Britney's business manager, aka "accountant") incorporated Britney Touring, Inc. prior to her first studio album being released.

Johnny Wright (Britney's personal manager, aka "career architect") signed her to a Personal Management Agreement about three months later after "Baby, One More Time" had been released.

Key Dates:

Jan. 12, 1999 - Britney Spears releases her first studio album, "Baby, One More Time," through Jive Records and the Zomba Recording Group.

Jan. 1999 - After consulting with her New York-based attorney Larry Rudolph, Britney Spears enters into a Personal Management Agreement with Johnny Wright. Both James Spears and Lynne Spears sign as her legal guardians.

Stacy smith was the manager before Johnny. Then she was brought back on after Larry was fired.

Ok my next task is to go through the timeline and match the Steel timeline to the con’s for business managers.

Update: No reliable timeline of the biz managers exists. All the info is very messy especially 2003-2006.

2 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

WEG won. I found the court docket because the WEG lawyer was bragging about the case on his website.
They settled out of court after Larry, Lou, all of Team CON was subpoenaed for deposition. This means CONs finally gave in. I’m assuming Lou never gave over the documents but I don’t know that for sure.

if there are any journalists out there in breathe heavy land, it would be interesting to do an interview with WEG’s lawyer to get his take on Team CONs accounting antics. This is going to be very relevant for the remainder of B’s CON case.

I was referring to the lawsuit with the insurance company over the Onyx Hotel tour.

We don't know if Britney won or lost.

2 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Stacy smith was the manager before Johnny. Then she was brought back on after Larry was fired.

Ok my next task is to go through the timeline and match the Steel timeline to the con’s for business managers.

Are you suggesting that it's the managers (Johnny Wright and Larry Rudolph) who are hiring the various business managers aka "accountants" (Stacy Smith, Richard Feldstein, etc.) to manage the money?

I hadn't gotten that far in examining the timeline...But that's possible!

1 minute ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Are you suggesting that it's the managers (Johnny Wright and Larry Rudolph) who are hiring the various business managers aka "accountants" (Stacy Smith, Richard Feldstein, etc.) to manage the money?

I hadn't gotten that far in examining the timeline...But that's possible!

That makes sense to me. Are celebrities really interviewing accountants? That seems more like a managers role.

but if Britney went back to Stacy after firing Larry, I’m sure it’s bc she liked Stacy and/or knew her. It was a good default option.

1 hour ago, RebellionSparkles said:

lol that is exactly how I made my way to the Orange County business court 😂

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block