Following the Money Pre CONservatorship : A Research Thread

On 4/11/2022 at 1:24 PM, Ghoulia said:

Bryan Spears shows up as a previous tenant for apt #803 in Spokeo/peoplefinders kinds of websites 🤷‍♀️

ohhhh! thats intriguing!

Sooooo...if it is Bryan's apartment in NYC, then I have two questions (1) was it actually his apartment or was it owned By One Time Music? How much of One Time Music does Britney own? (2) Would this imply that Bryan is involved in One Time Music in some form?

Right now I'm thinking that the apartment was never Bryan's outright, it was owned by One Time Music. However, all expenses for utilities, maintenance etc. could have been paid from One Time Music. So Britney's proceeds from her music (through One Time Music) supported Bryan's livelihood.

But then what would have happened to the proceeds of the apartment, $1.5M, when the apartment was sold in 2011?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, RebellionSparkles said:

ohhhh! thats intriguing!

Sooooo...if it is Bryan's apartment in NYC, then I have two questions (1) was it actually his apartment or was it owned By One Time Music? How much of One Time Music does Britney own? (2) Would this imply that Bryan is involved in One Time Music in some form?

Right now I'm thinking that the apartment was never Bryan's outright, it was owned by One Time Music. However, all expenses for utilities, maintenance etc. could have been paid from One Time Music. So Britney's proceeds from her music (through One Time Music) supported Bryan's livelihood.

But then what would have happened to the proceeds of the apartment, $1.5M, when the apartment was sold in 2011?

^^That is a long way of asking, "Is One Time Music, Inc/LLC" yet another leaky sieve?

4 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

ohhhh! thats intriguing!

I think he probably received mail there or used it as an address for registering to vote.  It shows up on Ancestry.com as a former address of his. 

I'm guessing Bryan lived there HOA payment & utility free for a while on Britney's dime.  It was owned by/sold by One More Time Music in 2011.  Bryan's "livelihood"???!!!!??!!?!?! LOL I'd love to see his resume 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

ohhhh! thats intriguing!

This is a loaded one. So One More Time Music is incorporated in Louisiana in February 2000 (still not as old as Britney Touring). 

If we go by the deeds in ACRIS, One More Time Music buys #803 in December 2000 and then buys #1109 and #1110 in July 2002.

The penthouse units sell in August 2006, possibly a decision Britney made all on her own. But then #803 kicks around until April 2011 during the con years when Tri Star is listed as the c/o address on the deed. One More Time Music dissolves by the end of that year. Britney knows she still owns #803 when she sends the letter to Andrew Gallery after the con starts and that’s the $2mil apartment for her brother. Maybe she planned to sell it before she was under the con, maybe not. Maybe she lived there for a bit before the penthouse, who knows. 

I would bet #803 was primarily occupied by Bryan and he kept it in the con so Britney’s money would continue to fund it though One More Time Music. Once the apartment sells, there’s no need for One More Time. But where does the money from the sale go?

1 hour ago, RebellionSparkles said:

What’s the oldest corp/LLC we have seen associated with Britney? Is it Britney Touring? (1998)?

Went back to a diagram the Swat Team for BJS made and BTI seems to be the oldest followed by Britney Brands. She doesn’t start Bridgmore or One More Time or anything until after she’s of legal age and some of her contracts start changing. Did someone else start advising her at that point? I know we were trying to connect the LLCs to changes in management or finance at one point. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

Went back to a diagram the Swat Team for BJS made and BTI seems to be the oldest followed by Britney Brands. She doesn’t start Bridgmore or One More Time or anything until after she’s of legal age and some of her contracts start changing. Did someone else start advising her at that point? I know we were trying to connect the LLCs to changes in management or finance at one point. 

What is considered the "legal age" in...

• Louisiana
  • Florida
  • California
  • New York

Is it different for each state?

6 hours ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

This is a loaded one. So One More Time Music is incorporated in Louisiana in February 2000 (still not as old as Britney Touring). 

If we go by the deeds in ACRIS, One More Time Music buys #803 in December 2000 and then buys #1109 and #1110 in July 2002.

The penthouse units sell in August 2006, possibly a decision Britney made all on her own. But then #803 kicks around until April 2011 during the con years when Tri Star is listed as the c/o address on the deed. One More Time Music dissolves by the end of that year. Britney knows she still owns #803 when she sends the letter to Andrew Gallery after the con starts and that’s the $2mil apartment for her brother. Maybe she planned to sell it before she was under the con, maybe not. Maybe she lived there for a bit before the penthouse, who knows. 

I would bet #803 was primarily occupied by Bryan and he kept it in the con so Britney’s money would continue to fund it though One More Time Music. Once the apartment sells, there’s no need for One More Time. But where does the money from the sale go?

This works too

its even possible he rented the apartment to Dymtrow/or Dymtrow’s lawyer

4 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

This works too

its even possible he rented the apartment to Dymtrow/or Dymtrow’s lawyer

This gives me the feeling that it is not the various managers hiring the various business managers...But Bryan hiring the various business managers.

He did tell us that at a certain point he hired Ernst & Young to do a financial audit...Which caused him to "fire everyone but the manager."

Presumably, that gave him the power to hire a new business manager...And if Bryan and Dan Dymtrow were tight, then Bryan really is likely to be continuing in his role of "top cop" over Britney's finances as various managers (e.g. Larry Rudolph, Dan Dymtrow) are hired and fired.

I need to punch the dates in this entire thread into the Chronological Timeline...But can now envision Apt. 803 as being the "headquarters" of Britney's empire right up until the creation of the CON.

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

This gives me the feeling that it is not the various managers hiring the various business managers...But Bryan hiring the various business managers.

He did tell us that at a certain point he hired Ernst & Young to do a financial audit...Which caused him to "fire everyone but the manager."

Presumably, that gave him the power to hire a new business manager...And if Bryan and Dan Dymtrow were tight, then Bryan really is likely to be continuing in his role of "top cop" over Britney's finances as various managers (e.g. Larry Rudolph, Dan Dymtrow) are hired and fired.

I need to punch the dates in this entire thread into the Chronological Timeline...But can now envision Apt. 803 as being the "headquarters" of Britney's empire right up until the creation of the CON.

Dymtrow is probably worth looking into. From what I can tell, Britney officially hired him as her manager in 2005 but she was seen at Six Flags with Bryan, Dymtrow, and Lauren Melkus in 2003, so they knew him for a while. Never heard of Lauren but at the time when she was hanging around she would have been director of client services for Track Entertainment. She’s now president of The Melkus Family Foundation.

I think Britney really trusted Bryan at one point early in her career and possibly even later during POM. But I don’t think he introduced her to the best people or had the best things in mind for her. Money makes people do strange things even when it comes to family.  

Edit: Totally forgot Dymtrow worked for Larry's company for pretty much Britney's whole career. And Lauren was engaged to Bryan. They were together from about 2000-2003.

• Like 1

Some new events have been added to the Chronological Timeline...

Key Dates

Dec. 2, 1999 - Britney Spears turns 18, which is the age of majority in her home state of Louisiana and in the states of Florida, New York, and California.

Sept. 19, 2000 - Upon reaching the age of majority, Britney Spears ratifies an amendment to her Personal Management Agreement with Johnny Wright. The contract is for one year, with annual renewals.

and...

Key Dates

Dec. 2, 2002 - Britney Spears turns 21, which is the Uniform Transfers to Minors Act (UMTA) age of majority in the states of Florida and New York. Money deposited into a UTMA account typically can't be withdrawn except by the child at the appropriate age. A UTMA custodian may be able to use some custodial assets for the "use and benefit of the minor."

Feb. 20, 2003 - Britney Spears' Personal Management Agreement with Johnny Wright comes to its scheduled conclusion.

Feb. 28, 2003 - The Britney Spears Foundation Camp for the Performing Arts, LLC is incorporated as a not-for-profit organization and a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Britney Spears Foundation to provide opportunities for underprivileged children. The LLC enters into an agreement with a third party to administer and operate the Camp during 2003. 

June 24, 2003 - A branch of Britney Touring, Inc. is incorporated in New York as a "foreign business corporation" by Rudolph & DeBeer, LLP, Attn: Park Avenue South, 432 Park Avenue South 2nd Fl., New York, NY, 10016. (Company No.: 2923015)

July 22, 2003 - Britney Spears signs a Personal Management Agreement with  the newly formed ReignDeer Entertainment as Larry Rudolph splits with his law firm of Rudolph & Beer.

July 26, 2004 - Britney's estimated $100-million fortune is placed into the SJB Revocable Trust. Britney is the sole Trustee. The Trust includes all of Britney's corporations: BBS Entertainment Inc., Britney Brands, Inc., Britney Films, Inc., Britney On-Line, Inc., Britney Television, LLC, One More Time Music, Inc., Parklane Productions, LLC, Coastal Operatives, LLC, B & L Music, Inc., Fairy Zone Productions, Inc. (California), Bridgemore Timber, LLC, Vista Peace Productions, LLC, Britney Touring, Inc. (the "Entities"), and Fairy Zone Productions, Inc. (Delaware). The Trust also includes all of Britney's  stocks and securities, cash and cash equivalents such as bank and savings accounts, and personal items such as jewelry, vehicles, and clothing. 

July 26, 2004 - The Love Shack Trust is established to enable Britney to purchase real estate.

and...

Key Dates:

Dec. 2, 2006 - Britney turns 25, which is the Uniform Transfers to Minors Act (UMTA) age of majority in the state of Florida if the transferer/parent chooses. Otherwise, the age of majority in Florida is 21-years old.

Dec. 31, 2006 - By the end of this year, the Britney Spears Foundation is in a deficit of close to $200,000.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

Edit: Totally forgot Dymtrow worked for Larry's company for pretty much Britney's whole career. And Lauren was engaged to Bryan. They were together from about 2000-2003.

Larry Rudolph is a lawyer.

Dan Dymtrow is not a lawyer.

I wouldn't be shocked if Bryan preferred Dan's presence over Larry's, as it would allow Bryan to have more control and muck around in Britney's finances without a watchful "adult" eye.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Something I noticed while updating the Chronological Timeline with the Onyx Hotel documents...

Onyx vs. WEG:

In the Onyx Hotel insurance lawsuit documents from 2004, the address of Britney Touring, Inc. is listed as this:

432 Park Avenue South 2nd Fl., New York, NY, 10016

But in the WEG lawsuit documents from 2007, the address of Britney Touring, Inc. is listed as this, and all attempts to contact Britney Touring, Inc. go through this:

1201 Hays Street, Tallahassee, Florida, 32301-2525

The WEG documents never mention the New York branch outright, but they do say this:

"Upon information and belief, SPEARS and BTI concealed from WEG a series of negotiations and agreements for otherwise commissionable Gross Receipts payable to WEG, thus diverting those commissions to SPEARS directly or indirectly, or to corporate entities without the knowledge, consent, or agreement of WEG, both before and after the termination Agreement."

So...

It sounds to me that back in 2007, Johnny Wright had a strong suspicion about what happened to the proceeds of, say, the Onyx Hotel lawsuit...But perhaps didn't want to name Larry outright?

===================================

Key Dates:

Oct. 15, 1998 - Britney Spears registers Britney Touring, Inc. in the state of Louisiana through business manager Stacy Smith of Stacy Smith & Associates, 1503 Colley Avenue, Norfolk, VA, 23517, using the Corporation Service Company, 1201 Hays Street, Tallahassee, Florida, 32301-2525. (Company No.: 34698963D)

Source: Exhibit A, "Application By Foreign Corporation For Authorization To Transact Business in Florida," Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, December 18, 2007. (Case No.: 48-2007-CA-014233-O Div. 32)

June 24, 2003 - A branch of Britney Touring, Inc. is incorporated in New York as a "foreign business corporation" by Rudolph & DeBeer, LLP, Attn: Park Avenue South, 432 Park Avenue South 2nd Fl., New York, NY, 10016. (Company No.: 2923015)

Source: https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_ny/2923015

Source: https://apps.dos.ny.gov/publicInquiry/

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Something I noticed while updating the Chronological Timeline with the Onyx Hotel documents...

Onyx vs. WEG:

In the Onyx Hotel insurance lawsuit documents from 2004, the address of Britney Touring, Inc. is listed as this:

432 Park Avenue South 2nd Fl., New York, NY, 10016

But in the WEG lawsuit documents from 2007, the address of Britney Touring, Inc. is listed as this, and all attempts to contact Britney Touring, Inc. go through this:

1201 Hays Street, Tallahassee, Florida, 32301-2525

The WEG documents never mention the New York branch outright, but they do say this:

"Upon information and belief, SPEARS and BTI concealed from WEG a series of negotiations and agreements for otherwise commissionable Gross Receipts payable to WEG, thus diverting those commissions to SPEARS directly or indirectly, or to corporate entities without the knowledge, consent, or agreement of WEG, both before and after the termination Agreement."

So...

It sounds to me that back in 2007, Johnny Wright had a strong suspicion about what happened to the proceeds of, say, the Onyx Hotel lawsuit...But perhaps didn't want to name Larry outright?

===================================

Key Dates:

Oct. 15, 1998 - Britney Spears registers Britney Touring, Inc. in the state of Louisiana through business manager Stacy Smith of Stacy Smith & Associates, 1503 Colley Avenue, Norfolk, VA, 23517, using the Corporation Service Company, 1201 Hays Street, Tallahassee, Florida, 32301-2525. (Company No.: 34698963D)

Source: Exhibit A, "Application By Foreign Corporation For Authorization To Transact Business in Florida," Wright Entertainment Group, LCC and Wright Entertainment Group, Inc. vs. Britney Spears and Britney Touring, Inc., In The Circuit Court Of The Ninth Judicial Circuit In And For Orange County Florida, December 18, 2007. (Case No.: 48-2007-CA-014233-O Div. 32)

Source: https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_ny/2923015

Source: https://apps.dos.ny.gov/publicInquiry/

Hmmmmmm. This 💯%
I had been under the impression that Larry and Johnny were friendly and Bitter, fired Larry fed the info about funds to Johnny…but maybe Johnny was more explicitly going after Larry in the WEG lawsuit.
WEG stopped getting paid the correct amount when Larry was manager and Stacy Smith was in charge of the finances. WEG is sending subpoenas to the Stacy Smith’s Hayes address in Florida. So Johnny is keeping tabs on Stacy, who should have tabs of all the $$ that Johnny is owed…but she doesn’t. That means Larry is the only one Johnny can’t keep tabs on. WEG might suspect that Larry has been handling some of the finances himself.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block