Following the Money Pre CONservatorship : A Research Thread

2 hours ago, Tar_isa said:

I can't find anything on twitter regarding an instagram post, all I see are tweets from September 28th 2021, "Britney vs Spears" release date, that seem to reference Britney's letter to Andrew Gallery, which was read in the documentary.

I did come across a magazine clipping, saying "The pop star recently purchased a #1.5 million apartment in New York City's Greenwich Village, where her brother Bryan will live."

I don't think it's very helpful at all though. There's no date, but it says Serenity was being built so I'm guessing this must be 2000? 

3 hours ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

Finally something I can track down today :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

She mentioned the $2mil apartment in the note she gave to Andrew Gallery early in the con. Here's where he reads that part on TikTok.

Twitter stans said the apartment she references in the Andrew Gallery letter was one of the units she already bought in the early 2000s but allowed Bryan to live in. 

Apartment #803 could have been Bryan's apartment.  I wonder if there is any way to prove/disprove this theory.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Gupta Legal, PLLC was incorporated in Boca Raton, Florida in 2006.

Why is it even using a New York address?

I haven't been following this lead, so my apologies if that question has already been mentioned in this thread.

I looked into that for a while and couldn’t find much. Gupta had a brief stint an NYC attorney but the majority of his career seems to be handling his parents’ business which is based in Indiana (but the Guptas live in Boca Raton, Florida 😅)

6 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

I looked into that for a while and couldn’t find much. Gupta had a brief stint an NYC attorney but the majority of his career seems to be handling his parents’ business which is based in Indiana (but the Guptas live in Boca Raton, Florida 😅)

Can you just switch states like that?

As in, was he registered to practice law in NY State...Or did he just use the Suite 803 address for specific purposes?

I went down a lot of weird rabbit holes today. Anyone heard of Urban Hick, LLC? The only things I can find on it so far are minor details about it being an open LLC that combines the brain power of Bryan Spears and Larry Rudolph. 

We had a thread on it last year and someone suggested it was linked to the NYC apartments.

Latest Events

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

I went down a lot of weird rabbit holes today. Anyone heard of Urban Hick, LLC? The only things I can find on it so far are minor details about it being an open LLC that combines the brain power of Bryan Spears and Larry Rudolph. 

We had a thread on it last year and someone suggested it was linked to the NYC apartments.

Latest Events

Urban Hick SOUNDS like a Bryan and Larry collab.

:zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink:

• Haha 1
34 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Can you just switch states like that?

As in, was he registered to practice law in NY State...Or did he just use the Suite 803 address for specific purposes?

Yes and no. You have to pass the state bar exam for every state you want to practice law. So, no you cannot "switch" states easily. But what a lot of young lawyers do after graduating is take the bar exam for every state in which they would ever want to practice. Its relatively common to be licensed in multiply states.

34 minutes ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

Latest Events

This was incorporated about a year before Larry's iconic firing, when it sounded like Bryan wanted to take over as Britney's manager. Bryan and Larry were ostensibly amicable/collaborating on whatever Urban Hick is less than a year earlier. Additional confirmation that 2004 was a year of big changes.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

I just checked ACRIS, NYC's property database...no info on Urban Hick.

28 minutes ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

Nothing over on the Louisiana site either. Still gives me bad pre-con vibes.

Note that it isn't marked as "Inactive" like some of the other LLC's.

It appears that Bryan was added as a director as recently as 2019.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

https://www.tangipahoa.org/Portals/0/Accounting and Grants/2017 Audit Report.pdf

^^This is interesting and maybe eventually relevant.

Tangiopahoa Parish received an adverse opinion in its audit for not properly accounting for the individual gov’t departments.

”The financial statements do not include financial data for all of the Parish's legally separate component units. Accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America require the financial data for Parish's legally separate component units to be reported with the financial data of the Parish's primary government. The amount by which this departure would affect the assets, liabilities, net position, revenues, and expenses of the government-wide financial statements has not been determined.”

Has any looked into the IRS tax audit w Jive that is mentioned in the WEG docs? “A $17M tax audit with Jive”…I wish I had more context to understand what they mean by “$17m tax audit.” Did she owe $17M? Did Jive not pay her $17m? 
it’s hard to find good info on this…wondering if any of y’all have already gone down this rabbit hole.

21 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Has any looked into the IRS tax audit w Jive that is mentioned in the WEG docs? “A $17M tax audit with Jive”…I wish I had more context to understand what they mean by “$17m tax audit.” Did she owe $17M? Did Jive not pay her $17m? 
it’s hard to find good info on this…wondering if any of y’all have already gone down this rabbit hole.

Nope, but I've got about an hour left of work and not a whole lot to do so I'm happy to dive into this with you 

51 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Interesting! I don’t know anything about this. https://thatgrapejuice.net/2011/06/britney-spears-breaks-ties-jive-records/

@RebellionSparkles

Looks like Streisand was the one who brought up the audit when he was trying to prove Wallet's incompetency as co-conservator in Feb. 2008. I keep seeing it listed as a $17mil audit against Jive.

"Ms. Spears' estate consists of $40 million in assets and is currently undergoing a $17 million IRS audit," Streisand said. "It's a $17 million audit against Jive records," Streisand later told Usmagazine.com

https://www.lifamilies.com/chat/topic-britney-spears-fathers-control-is-causing-her-even-more-stress-249255-1.html

But at the same time the IRS was auditing Britney..

The court investigator in Brit's hearing is about to disclose her current mental state.

He's also revealed that her assets total 40 million, and that she's got a 17 million dollar audit against Jive Records.

He also disclosed that the IRS is currently auditing Brit as well.

https://www.x17online.com/2008/02/brits_financial_details_revealed_1

So the IRS audited Jive to the tune of $17mil and Britney was likely looked at by the IRS during that audit for being a high earner on Jive?

Edit: Hold on. Did Britney file for the audit? Can you do that?

Britney's new lawyer Adam Streisand tells PageSix.com that the troubled pop star has filed a $17 million IRS tax audit involving Jive Records, in an effort to get money back that had been paid by the label.
Her business manager, Howard Grossman, had no comment to questions about the size and condition of her estate, after it was revealed in court that Britney is worth only $40 million.
In 2007, Forbes magazine listed her as one of the richest women in entertainment, and targeted her net worth at $100 million.
Also at issue in the hearing, which continues now, are 15 businesses in Britney's name. Each one of them covers a specific part of her empire, from publishing and touring to her fragrance and other merchandise.

29 minutes ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

@RebellionSparkles

Looks like Streisand was the one who brought up the audit when he was trying to prove Wallet's incompetency as co-conservator in Feb. 2008. I keep seeing it listed as a $17mil audit against Jive.

"Ms. Spears' estate consists of $40 million in assets and is currently undergoing a $17 million IRS audit," Streisand said. "It's a $17 million audit against Jive records," Streisand later told Usmagazine.com

https://www.lifamilies.com/chat/topic-britney-spears-fathers-control-is-causing-her-even-more-stress-249255-1.html

The court investigator in Brit's hearing is about to disclose her current mental state.

He's also revealed that her assets total 40 million, and that she's got a 17 million dollar audit against Jive Records.

So the IRS audited Jive to the tune of $17mil and Britney was likely looked at by the IRS during that audit for being a high earner on Jive?

Look at the source on that x17 link - https://www.x17online.com/2008/02/court_investigator_discusses_brits_mental_st 

The "court investigator" is Sam Ingham :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

@RebellionSparkles

Edit: Hold on. Did Britney file for the audit? Can you do that?

Britney's new lawyer Adam Streisand tells PageSix.com that the troubled pop star has filed a $17 million IRS tax audit involving Jive Records, in an effort to get money back that had been paid by the label.
Her business manager, Howard Grossman, had no comment to questions about the size and condition of her estate, after it was revealed in court that Britney is worth only $40 million.
In 2007, Forbes magazine listed her as one of the richest women in entertainment, and targeted her net worth at $100 million.
Also at issue in the hearing, which continues now, are 15 businesses in Britney's name. Each one of them covers a specific part of her empire, from publishing and touring to her fragrance and other merchandise.

I dont know! thats the question.  Everything pre-internet is a black box. I feel like this is probably public info because its dealing with the IRS, but I have no idea if that is true and is yes how to access the info.

I'm also unsure what $17M audit means...it could mean $17M income that is being audited ($5M taxes owed) or $55M of income being audited ($17M of taxes owed)

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block