Following the Money Pre CONservatorship : A Research Thread

1 minute ago, Steel Magnolia said:

No, you didn't mention it!

There's Nashville again.

Oh lol yes I read this a few months back: 

spacer.png

I live under a rock. I didn't know much about Mutt Lange other than he was a musician of sorts and was once married to Shania. In order to better understand why he was such a big deal, I read her memoir.  It was interesting!

The book is dedicated to Shania's son, but Stacy is mentioned in the acknowledgements "for her wisdom and nurturing." Shania's book is what made me think that Larry targeted Adam Leber not because Leber had any particular talent or ability, but because his uncle Steve Leber was well-connected in the business. That brought me down the rabbit-hole of Leber-Krebs lawsuits (one, two, three  quick examples). 

I started a little timeline of her career when I was reading with information that sort of connect to Britney's career.  

1992 - Shania Twain moves to Brentwood, TN on a $20,000 advance from Polygram Records.

Shot the music video for “What Made You Say That” in Miami, FL with Steve Goldman. 

February: Triple Play Tour with Toby Keith and John Brannen

Sean Penn directs video for “Dance with the One That Brought You” in LA

Manager Mary Bailey (from Kirkland Lake, Ontario) introduces her to Mutt Lange while she’s on tour (via phone)

June - Meets Mutt in person CMA Music Festival/Fan Fair

July - flies to London to meet with Mutt.  They travel to Spain.

December 28, 1993 - marries Mutt Lange

Mutt produces “The Woman in Me”, Shania Twain’s second album

Mutt and Shania have a home built in Waverly, NY on Dexter Lake.  There is an existing mansion that needs to be torn down first.  The entire project takes 1.5 years to complete.

July 22, 1995: The Woman in Me and “Any Man of Mine” both went to number one.

1995-1997: 

No tour, but 8 singles released

“Worked ten to fifteen hours a day, seven days a week. I was booked solid six months in advance and would barely have time to come up for air for the next two and a half years”

Sheri Fobare - personal assistant 

“In a way, the people I was living with day in and day out—Sheri and Kim and publicist Patty Lou Andrews—traveled with me the most and became a surrogate family. Road siblings, I called them.” 

“Working out of the office at Loon Echo as part of the team was Stacy Smith. She’d been around from when Sheri began working with me in 1992 when I first moved to Nashville and started out doing some basic accounting for me. Her role grew to becoming full business manager. She has now been with me eighteen years and is another one of my most trusted friends who really has my back… Kim, Patty Lou, and Stacy essentially fulfilled the role of professional management for more than two years. I couldn’t have gotten through the intense promotional period for The Woman in Me without them.”

“While working on Come On Over in 1997, I was introduced to Jon Landau and Barbara Carr, longtime managers of Bruce Springsteen…Jan Stabile, another management partner at Landau Management, completed the trio with Barbara and myself.”

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Ghoulia said:

spacer.png

I live under a rock. I didn't know much about Mutt Lange other than he was a musician of sorts and was once married to Shania. In order to better understand why he was such a big deal, I read her memoir.  It was interesting!

The book is dedicated to Shania's son, but Stacy is mentioned in the acknowledgements "for her wisdom and nurturing." Shania's book is what made me think that Larry targeted Adam Leber not because Leber had any particular talent or ability, but because his uncle Steve Leber was well-connected in the business. That brought me down the rabbit-hole of Leber-Krebs lawsuits (one, two, three  quick examples). 

I started a little timeline of her career when I was reading with information that sort of connect to Britney's career.  

1992 - Shania Twain moves to Brentwood, TN on a $20,000 advance from Polygram Records.

Shot the music video for “What Made You Say That” in Miami, FL with Steve Goldman. 

Manager Mary Bailey (from Kirkland Lake, Ontario) introduces her to Mutt Lange while she’s on tour (via phone)

Mutt and Shania have a home built in Waverly, NY on Dexter Lake.  There is an existing mansion that needs to be torn down first.  The entire project takes 1.5 years to complete.

1995-1997: 

“Worked ten to fifteen hours a day, seven days a week. I was booked solid six months in advance and would barely have time to come up for air for the next two and a half years”

“In a way, the people I was living with day in and day out—Sheri and Kim and publicist Patty Lou Andrews—traveled with me the most and became a surrogate family. Road siblings, I called them.” 

“Working out of the office at Loon Echo as part of the team was Stacy Smith. She’d been around from when Sheri began working with me in 1992 when I first moved to Nashville and started out doing some basic accounting for me. Her role grew to becoming full business manager. She has now been with me eighteen years and is another one of my most trusted friends who really has my back… Kim, Patty Lou, and Stacy essentially fulfilled the role of professional management for more than two years. I couldn’t have gotten through the intense promotional period for The Woman in Me without them.”

“While working on Come On Over in 1997, I was introduced to Jon Landau and Barbara Carr, longtime managers of Bruce Springsteen…Jan Stabile, another management partner at Landau Management, completed the trio with Barbara and myself.”

Responding to myself to add - I REALLY tried to pin down a connection between Sheri Fobare, Nashville, and Stacy Smith but I didn't find a smoking gun or anything.  

None of this totally explains how Stacy Smith met Larry Rudolph but here is my totally unprofessional opinion: she didn't like being a stay at home mom with her older, boring husband. The period in which she moves to rural upstate New York to be Shania's live-in buddy? Not long after divorcing her husband. 

(copied from another comment of mine)

Stacy Smith (nee Gordon) divorced Dr. Harold Ellis Smith in 2001.  

Stacy Smith has two daughters.  The elder sister graduated from Tulane in 2007, so that would make her probably ~4 years younger than Britney. I wonder if Stacy used that as a way to connect with Britney?

Here's the younger daughter, Madelin.  She describes a little of the trajectory of Stacy's career https://voyagela.com/interview/meet-hollywood-hills-makeup-artist-artist-madelin-adena-smith/

12 hours ago, Ghoulia said:

“Working out of the office at Loon Echo as part of the team was Stacy Smith. She’d been around from when Sheri began working with me in 1992 when I first moved to Nashville and started out doing some basic accounting for me. Her role grew to becoming full business manager.

So...

Stacy's first appearance in Britney's world (that we know of) arrives in 1998.

Was Stacy still living in Nashville in 1998?

And are we sure that Larry and Lou didn't go back to 1998? Because that Miami/Boca Raton/Nashville connection keeps popping up over...and over...and over.

Mar. 31, 1998  - Lou M. Taylor registers Jeff Fisher Enterprises, LLC in the state of Tennessee as coach Jeff Fisher and the Houston Oilers move to their new stadium in Nashville.

Oct. 15, 1998 - Britney Spears registers Britney Touring, Inc. in the state of Louisiana through business manager Stacy Smith of Stacy Smith & Associates, 1503 Colley Avenue, Norfolk, VA, 23517, using the Corporation Service Company, 1201 Hays Street, Tallahassee, Florida, 32301-2525. (Company No. 34698963D)

Jan. 1999 - After consulting with her New York-based attorney Larry Rudolph, Britney Spears enters into a Personal Management Agreement with Orlando-based Johnny Wright. Both James Spears and Lynne Spears sign as her legal guardians. “...Artist shall pay Manager a sum equivalent to Seven and one-half {7½%) percent of Artist's Gross Receipts…”

1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Was Stacy still living in Nashville in 1998?

I really don’t know if Stacy ever lived in Nashville. Her ex-husband’s practice and her own accounting practice was/is based in Virginia. 

1997-1998 are constant press for Shania, and her autobiography gave the impression that Stacy was by Shania’s side in NYC as that’s where Shania’s press events were mainly based. Then Stacy follows Shania to Loon Echo when the house is finished.

• Like 1

If you are following up Watson's money, wonder if this helped him 

Spoiler

Peter Slattery Walker at Destin 

He seems to be into investments 

https://mobile.twitter.com/pslatterywalker/with_replies 

And is registered with Watson on at least one LLC in  Louisiana as Peter Walker

Tranquil Trace https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_la/41326901K 

Along with Kyle Tallo, who does real estate in Hammond (and registered on USA Cash mentioned on a thread here ) 

https://www.bhhssp.com/hammond/kyle-tallo/cid-1024477

Wonder if they were investing Britney's money for themselves in real estate etc (e.g. Laura Lynn)

Ex husband:

Spoiler

Kevin Federline https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_or/27278290  KEVIN FEDERLINE CONSTRUCTION, INC. in Oregon, his dad's home state.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Did Laura Lynn at one point personally benefit from Bridgmore Timber, LLC?

Does anyone know?

That seems to ring a bell.

March 2016, Jamie (Bridgemore Timber) sold a parcel of land to Laura Lynn for 386.425 dollars

Edit: This was included in Rosengart's filing January 19, 2022, Sherine Ebadi's declaration opposing Jamie's petition for fees payment.

Edited by Tar_isa
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

March 2016, Jamie (Bridgemore Timber) sold a parcel of land to Laura Lynn for 386.425 dollars

Edit: This was included in Rosengart's filing January 19, 2022, Sherine Ebadi's declaration opposing Jamie's petition for fees payment.

Yes, I think the transaction is in St.Helena parish. It’s on my list of docs to look for 😅

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Did Laura Lynn at one point personally benefit from Bridgmore Timber, LLC?

Does anyone know?

That seems to ring a bell.

This is the info from Ebadi. @Ghoulia has pulled up more transactions that I haven’t added to the spreadsheet yet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OfKSOC1hjmbqjrntGob8WE_L2T6PPugzB5nPS6VMBNE/edit

^^yall can edit this if you want to add any info

So would you say these two events go together?

Did James Parnell live in the same condo complex as Jason Alexander for those entire four years?

Aug. 21, 2004 - James Spears is released from a rehabilitation facility in Malibu after being treated for alcohol addiction. He is picked up from the facility by Britney and Kevin Federline.

Feb. 2, 2014 - James Spears is hired to cook at a Super Bowl party hosted by the Maloof family in the penthouse kitchen in Palms Place towers. “My daughter’s manager, Larry Rudolph. I’ve been knowing them ever since the Palms started. … Larry and George (Maloof) were good friends. I had come to California. I was thinking about trying to go to a chef’s school or something. Larry told me, “Let me talk to George.” So I loaded up my truck. I took all my stuff down to Phil’s condo on Wilshire Boulevard, and I went and cooked for him: fried chicken, mashed potatoes, Southern stuff. That’s what I cook, Southern stuff and comfort food, Louisiana food. And he hired me. So it was a long, very good relationship. … I cooked for four years, and I quit. I just do it for special occasions.”

11 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

So would you say these two events go together?

Did James Parnell live in the same condo complex as Jason Alexander for those entire four years?

Aug. 21, 2004 - James Spears is released from a rehabilitation facility in Malibu after being treated for alcohol addiction. He is picked up from the facility by Britney and Kevin Federline.

Feb. 2, 2014 - James Spears is hired to cook at a Super Bowl party hosted by the Maloof family in the penthouse kitchen in Palms Place towers. “My daughter’s manager, Larry Rudolph. I’ve been knowing them ever since the Palms started. … Larry and George (Maloof) were good friends. I had come to California. I was thinking about trying to go to a chef’s school or something. Larry told me, “Let me talk to George.” So I loaded up my truck. I took all my stuff down to Phil’s condo on Wilshire Boulevard, and I went and cooked for him: fried chicken, mashed potatoes, Southern stuff. That’s what I cook, Southern stuff and comfort food, Louisiana food. And he hired me. So it was a long, very good relationship. … I cooked for four years, and I quit. I just do it for special occasions.”

Commenting so I know where to respond.  Looking into this now. :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Question...

Leading up to 2006...

Did Lou M. Taylor have any clients who were members of the Sacramento Kings?

:umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

That’s the Ron Artest connection, right?

https://www.gq.com/story/ron-artest-2005-nba-all-star-game

Article from April 2005 - “Back in Nashville, Ron spends several hours with his new management team at Tri Star—a group that takes what they call a "holistic" approach to managing celebrities. That's for sure. Louise "Lou" Taylor, the head of the company, a warm but fiercely efficient brunet and Ron's new guru, will in the course of the next few days: deal with his real estate investments, edit his new rap song, manage his child-support payments (he fathered one of his children with another woman), arrange to have his children ferried to Toys 'R' Us, help him design T-shirts for his Web site, and—on hands and knees in Indianapolis—clean out his refrigerator with Clorox. Then she will order him to hire a housekeeper.”

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ghoulia said:

That’s the Ron Artest connection, right?

https://www.gq.com/story/ron-artest-2005-nba-all-star-game

Article from April 2005 - “Back in Nashville, Ron spends several hours with his new management team at Tri Star—a group that takes what they call a "holistic" approach to managing celebrities. That's for sure. Louise "Lou" Taylor, the head of the company, a warm but fiercely efficient brunet and Ron's new guru, will in the course of the next few days: deal with his real estate investments, edit his new rap song, manage his child-support payments (he fathered one of his children with another woman), arrange to have his children ferried to Toys 'R' Us, help him design T-shirts for his Web site, and—on hands and knees in Indianapolis—clean out his refrigerator with Clorox. Then she will order him to hire a housekeeper.”

YES!

That's it! Well done, @Mx_Defying!

I started inputting the Maloofs into the Chronological Timeline this weekend and the Sacramento Kings connection popped right out.

The new updates to the Chronological Timeline fit well.

Too well.

:sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

Apr. 9, 2005 - GQ reports that Queens-born NBA player Ron Artest, of the Indiana Pacers, has hired a new management team led by Nashville-based Lou M. Taylor of Tri Star Sports & Entertainment Group. The Tri Star team takes what they call a "holistic" approach to managing celebrities.

Jan. 25, 2006 - Queens-born NBA player Ron Artest is traded from the Indiana Pacers to the Sacramento Kings. The Kings are owned by Las Vegas billionaire George Maloof.

June 7, 2006 - US Weekly reports that Britney's family has hired a Christian life coach to assist in her decision to file for divorce from Kevin Federline.

Aug. 5, 2006 - By now, Jamie Lynn Spears is a client of Tri Star Sports & Entertainment Group. According to president Lou M. Taylor's bio, "I focus on making a difference in our business by operating a life management model that includes a cohesive working relationship with each member of a client’s team to ensure maximum professional support and counsel." The Tri Star website lists the staff as including Taylor and Mitch Martin.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 5/11/2022 at 9:09 AM, Steel Magnolia said:

We have four versions of Britney Touring, Inc.

1. Louisiana (Original)
  2. New York branch (Larry's Version)
  3. Florida branch (Stacy's Version)
  4. California branch (Britney's Version)

It was Larry's version that was used for the Onyx Hotel tour and the insurance lawsuit. Stacy's version appears to have never been used, and Britney's version also appears to have not been used because she was put under the CON before she could tour.

Unless Britney's version was used for the M&M's tour?

I wrote this in the Lutfi thread last night, because we were discussing trickery and control, but it belongs in this one.

It's a theory that could help explain the four branches of Britney Touring, Inc.

@Ghoulia first identified that the Florida branch was bizarre. Stacy Smith had to pay a $3,000 penalty for registering it three years late. But why would that even happen?

Here's a theory...

Is it possible that the only reason the Florida branch of BTI was created was not to hide money from Johnny Wright, but to trick Britney into believing that it was a Florida company?

Why would Larry do that? Well, because they needed to come up with a way to control her, and Florida is the only state where the Uniform Transfers to Minors Act (UTMA) age is 25.

Therefore, her legal guardian could control her money there up until the age of 25.

That person wasn't Larry, though, because Larry had no legal control of her.

That person would be James Parnell. :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

Question...

When did James Parnell Spears first cut a deal with Larry Rudolph to help manage Britney?

What year?

2011?

...Or 2005?

:zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink:

Also...

Florida.

:omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

Mar. 24, 2000 - James Spears registers “Develop & Design Build, Inc.” in the state of Louisiana.

Nov. 20, 2003 - A copy of the certificate of incorporation for Britney Touring, Inc. is created by the Louisiana Secretary of State for use in an application for incorporation in the state of Florida.

Dec. 26, 2003 - Stacy Smith & Associates of Norfolk, VA, pays $70.00 to the Florida Secretary of State to register Britney Touring, Inc. as a "foreign profit corporation" in the state of Florida.

Dec. 30, 2003 - The Florida Department of State writes to Stacy Smith & Associates of Norfolk, VA: "We have received your document for BRITNEY TOURING, INC. and your check(s) totaling $70.00. However, the document has not been filed and is being retained in this office for the following...this office collects a civil penalty of $1000 for each year this entity transacted business or conducted its affairs in Florida prior to qualification and the appropriate annual report/uniform business report fees that would have been due this office had the entity qualified the year it began operations in this state. The amount due this office to cover both annual report/uniform business report and penalty fees is $3,450."

Jan. 18, 2005 - James P. Spears changes the name of his company "Develop & Design Build, Inc." to "Spears Management, Inc." James is the President and sole shareholder. The documents are signed in Venice, California.

Dec. 2, 2006 - Britney turns 25, which is the Uniform Transfers to Minors Act (UTMA) age of majority in the state of Florida if the transferer/parent chooses. Otherwise, the age of majority in Florida is 21-years old.

Nov. 8, 2006 - Britney goes ice skating with Larry Rudolph at the Rockefeller Center rink in New York City.

Dec. 11, 2006 - James Spears’ company, Spears Management, Inc., is registered as a “foreign corporation” in the state of California. The address of the principal executive office is c/o TriStar, 215 Ward Circle, Suite 200, Brentwood, TN, 37027. The principal office in the State of California is listed as 10945 Bluffside Drive #138, Studio City, CA, 91604. The document is signed by James P. Spears, President.

Mar. 24, 2007 - An annual accounting shows the mailing address of Spears Management, Inc. has changed from Kentwood to that of Tri Star Sports & Entertainment.

• 6 months later...
On 7/12/2022 at 6:04 PM, Ghoulia said:

spacer.png

1995-1997: 

Besides that I usually prefer to use sources like gamblizard.ca/best-canadian-online-casinos/no-account-casino/ because there you can actually win some money and the most pleasant thing is that you don't need an account to play in the casino, for me this is quite important, because I don't want to spend my time to share my own personal data...

This really is interesting to know, I as a newbie fan didn't know about this one and it actually amazed me quite a bit that the two of them interacted.

Edited by arabelemacleod
  • 3 months later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block