Following the Money Pre CONservatorship : A Research Thread

9 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Hmmmmmm. This 💯%
I had been under the impression that Larry and Johnny were friendly and Bitter, fired Larry fed the info about funds to Johnny…but maybe Johnny was more explicitly going after Larry in the WEG lawsuit.
WEG stopped getting paid the correct amount when Larry was manager and Stacy Smith was in charge of the finances. WEG is sending subpoenas to the Stacy Smith’s Hayes address in Florida. So Johnny is keeping tabs on Stacy, who should have tabs of all the $$ that Johnny is owed…but she doesn’t. That means Larry is the only one Johnny can’t keep tabs on. WEG might suspect that Larry has been handling some of the finances himself.

"WEG stopped getting paid the correct amount when Larry was manager and Stacy Smith was in charge of the finances."

YES.

I'm assuming Stacy was re-hired by Bryan/Larry after Bryan fired Bert Padell (aka "everyone but the manager") when he became "top cop" of Britney's finances...Bert Padell was the business manager while Johnny was at the helm, but Johnny is sending the WEG docs to Stacy because it was Stacy who originally registered Britney Touring, Inc. in Louisiana back in 1998.

Todd E. Gelfand was then hired after Stacy.

We now know that it was Britney herself re-registering her corporations in California, with the help of Gelfand. We know this because she's signing the corporation papers as "Britney Federline." I'm taking that as a clear jab at her Team — a way to exercise control over her life and finances.

Is there any hint in the WEG docs that Johnny is aware of Gelfand? I'll have to go back and re-read to see.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Is there anyway to get documents related to the SJB Insurance Trust? I suspect this related to the Onyx tour insurance tour payout.

Good call...I'll keep an eye out.

Stacy Smith is named as a co-trustee of the SJB Revocable Trust and the Love Shack Trust. I'm assuming she's on the SJB Insurance Trust as well.

I wonder what provoked Britney to hire Gelfand? 

This affidavit of service lists three addresses:

1. Britney's new house at The Summit
  2. Richard Feldstein with RHF Management Services
  3. The Florida (original) branch of Britney Touring, Inc.

spacer.png

No mention of:

• Todd E. Gelfand with Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman
  • The New York branch of Britney Touring, Inc. that filed the Onyx Hotel insurance lawsuit.

I accidentally erased all of my bookmarks going back to September of 2014. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I'm looking for the property records for when Britney purchased her Serra Retreat home for her and Kevin.

I'm assuming it's one of these three dates? And that her and Kevin lived at her condo on Ocean Ave. in Malibu until she purchased the house?

Key Dates:

Sept. 29, 2004 - Stacy Smith appears in property records as a trustee of the Love Shack Trust.

May 13, 2005 - Todd E. Gelfand appears in property records as a trustee of the Love Shack Trust.

July 27, 2005 - Stacy Smith appears for the last time in property records as a trustee of the Love Shack Trust.

EDIT:

According to MTV...

» Early October: The couple buy a $7 million, 9,000-foot mansion in Malibu, California. According to a draft of their prenup, Kevin has a 50 percent stake in the home's equity.

https://www.mtv.com/news/1545307/britney-kevin-timeline-those-were-the-days/

So...

The first entry on Sept. 29, 2004 is likely the purchase of the Serra Retreat home.

I'm just trying to nail down when Stacy Smith exited and Todd Gelfand made an entrance.

Edited by Steel Magnolia
1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

There are three addresses listed on this Summons from WEG.

1. Britney's marital home in Malibu
  2. Howard Grossman at GLWG
  3. Richard Feldstein at RHF Management

spacer.png

I believe there are subsequent iterations of this document.

But notice that Todd E. Gelfand at Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman is not listed.

The two addresses that are not Britney's Malibu retreat are Feldman and Gelfand. I think they all merge into GLWG--that merger could have been happening around this time. It seems like WEG potentially didnt know who her financial manager was at the time either...Or he believed Feldman was the manager but was unsure of the correct address.

the Wilshire address is GLWG...one of those G's is Gelfand

Screenshot-2022-05-10-124345.png

The Santa Monica Blvd address is Feldman

Screenshot-2022-05-10-125042.png

7 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

The two addresses that are not Britney's Malibu retreat are Feldman and Gelfand. I think they all merge into GLWG--that merger could have been happening around this time. It seems like WEG potentially didnt know who her financial manager was at the time either...Or he believed Feldman was the manager but was unsure of the correct address.

the Wilshire address is GLWG...one of those G's is Gelfand

Screenshot-2022-05-10-124345.png

The Santa Monica Blvd address is Feldman

Screenshot-2022-05-10-125042.png

Yes to Feldstein...Not Feldman, but Feldstein. He owned RHF Management Services, LLC.

But Gelfand? At the time his address was c/o Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, LLP, located at 1880 Century Park East, Suite 1600, Los Angeles, CA.

They still occupy the same address today: https://www.grfllp.com/contact/

11 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Yes to Feldstein...Not Feldman, but Feldstein. He owned RHF Management Services, LLC.

But Gelfand? At the time his address was c/o Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman, LLP, located at 1880 Century Park East, Suite 1600, Los Angeles, CA.

They still occupy the same address today: https://www.grfllp.com/contact/

ahhg! i didnt realize these were two different people.  Shocked Big Mouth GIF by NETFLIX

this is another Friedman and Freedman situation

• Haha 2
59 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I accidentally erased all of my bookmarks going back to September of 2014. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I'm looking for the property records for when Britney purchased her Serra Retreat home for her and Kevin.

I'm assuming it's one of these three dates? And that her and Kevin lived at her condo on Ocean Ave. in Malibu until she purchased the house?

Key Dates:

Sept. 29, 2004 - Stacy Smith appears in property records as a trustee of the Love Shack Trust.

May 13, 2005 - Todd E. Gelfand appears in property records as a trustee of the Love Shack Trust.

July 27, 2005 - Stacy Smith appears for the last time in property records as a trustee of the Love Shack Trust.

EDIT:

According to MTV...

» Early October: The couple buy a $7 million, 9,000-foot mansion in Malibu, California. According to a draft of their prenup, Kevin has a 50 percent stake in the home's equity.

https://www.mtv.com/news/1545307/britney-kevin-timeline-those-were-the-days/

Does this help? 

Screenshot-2022-05-10-132012.png

21 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

ahhg! i didnt realize these were two different people.  Shocked Big Mouth GIF by NETFLIX

this is another Friedman and Freedman situation

Maybe Johnny Wright didn't realize they were two different people, either? :eyes_britney_laugh:

However...

I suspect WEG knew damned well that Todd Gelfand existed...But was trying to back the CON into a corner by getting them to admit to details that WEG hadn't provided themselves.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Yes and no.

What I'm looking for is the actual documents (without having to purchase them).

A while back, someone posted an Excel spreadsheet that linked to the documents...But do you think I can remember where the spreadsheet is?!

lol, i feel like I'm the one who stans the spreadsheets, and I dont know where this one is either.

what address are you looking for?

10 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

lol, i feel like I'm the one who stans the spreadsheets, and I dont know where this one is either.

what address are you looking for?

3200 Retreat Crt., Malibu, CA 90265

I'm looking for the purchase documents...I'm wondering if it's Stacy or Todd Gelfand on the deed. I'm pretty sure it must be Stacy, but you never know. 

2 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I'm looking for the purchase documents...I'm wondering if it's Stacy or Todd Gelfand on the deed. I'm pretty sure it must be Stacy, but you never know. 

This little spreadsheet I made because Propertyshark is so annoying? Edit - no, because this just has the Summit records.  I'll look for 3200 Retreat Court now

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fqnR8FEpMfu4JIgBMLtNlyC4R6fKzuypKJGK2hhQjVg/edit?usp=sharing 

Edited by Ghoulia
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Couldn't find deed without paying but Propertyshark confirms Stacy for the purchase of 3200 Retreat Court.  

spacer.png

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

"WEG stopped getting paid the correct amount when Larry was manager and Stacy Smith was in charge of the finances."

YES.

I'm assuming Stacy was re-hired by Bryan/Larry after Bryan fired Bert Padell (aka "everyone but the manager") when he became "top cop" of Britney's finances...Bert Padell was the business manager while Johnny was at the helm, but Johnny is sending the WEG docs to Stacy because it was Stacy who originally registered Britney Touring, Inc. in Louisiana back in 1998.

Todd E. Gelfand was then hired after Stacy.

We now know that it was Britney herself re-registering her corporations in California, with the help of Gelfand. We know this because she's signing the corporation papers as "Britney Federline." I'm taking that as a clear jab at her Team — a way to exercise control over her life and finances.

Is there any hint in the WEG docs that Johnny is aware of Gelfand? I'll have to go back and re-read to see.

We might need a Stacy Smith thread.  My first thought is wow, what a nothingburger name.  Wanna blend into the crowd? Last name - SMITH.  

I'm assuming this is her:

spacer.png

Is this a real person?  It looks like AI created a random humanoid face from stock photos.  

https://www.linkedin.com/in/stacylaurensmith/   "I am an executive-level strategic business management professional with 25 years of entertainment industry experience. I have led business operations for top celebrity talent such as Shania Twain and Britney Spears, managed teams of up to 100 and overseen assets of up to $500 million. I’m a driven dealmaker, playing a key role in over 200 business, licensing, book, real estate and endorsement deals to date."  

wtf is a "strategic business management professional"?

Experience
President and CEO Stacy Smith & Associates PC
1995 - Present · 27 yrs 5 mos
Greater New York City Area (hm, this doesn't fit with her reportedly working out of Norfolk, VA.)

President and CEO Stazia Loren Inc. (LOL I guess she was a little sensitive about the boring name)
2014 - Present · 8 yrs 5 mos 
Greater New York City Area

Education
Old Dominion University -  Located along the Elizabeth River in Norfolk, Virginia 
Bachelor of Science - BS, Accounting

Licenses & certifications
Certified Public Accountant gonna double check on that
New York State

https://www2.nysed.gov/coms/op001/opsc2a?profcd=07&plicno=078115&namechk=SMI

Name : SMITH STACY LAUREN
Address : NORFOLK VA
Profession : CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANCY
License No: 078115
Date of Licensure : 05/29/1997
Additional Qualification :   Not applicable in this profession
Status : NOT REGISTERED (okay, but why lie about this on your public Linkedin????)
Registered through last day of : 07/14

Soooooooo my guess at this point is that Miss Stacy Lauren/ Stazia Loren is someone who kept a low profile in the paperwork because she was working with Larry :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Ooooh...

Notice the address attached to the 9/24/2004 transaction?

That's Todd Gelfand...I wasn't expecting him to appear that early.

I was surprised by that as well. Without the actual document, it could be a mistakenly imported address.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block