What are your thoughts on this Hold It Against Me rehearsal?

22 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

Back then, I thought she just stopped giving a **** about her career, but knowing what we know now, Im amazed she got through 3 different eras when she was surrounded by leaches and drugged up. 

The worst part is knowing she did give a **** about her career (HIAM video), but yeah... all that.

• Love 1

TBH given the situation Britney was in, the tragic chairography, and the casual attire she's wearing - she slayed it regardless without even trying.

But HIAM deserves SO much more. It's such a gorgeous song (though it needs to be remastered a bit), and it deserves proper choreography and a proper music video while Britney is 100% herself.  It would be a masterpiece. :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

46 minutes ago, jennyj said:

But HIAM deserves SO much more. It's such a gorgeous song (though it needs to be remastered a bit), and it deserves proper choreography and a proper music video while Britney is 100% herself.  It would be a masterpiece. :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

The best choreographers for her, that evil team pushed out of her life. I don't know what the choreographer was thinking for some of these combos. For example, the foot work combo in the very last dance break when she sings "and I need a vacation tonight", no woman in heels could do that part without looking weird because it's not a move suitable for live performance. Britney is an amazing dancer and I'm sure the choreographer is very talented as well but alot of the moves here better suited male dancers. This era is tough to watch because so many fans disrespected her dancing skills and called her lazy when in reality the choreo was simply not suitable for her in my opinion (and she was being mercilessly drugged and controlled by her team).

41 minutes ago, hello70 said:

The best choreographers for her, that evil team pushed out of her life. I don't know what the choreographer was thinking for some of these combos. For example, the foot work combo in the very last dance break when she sings "and I need a vacation tonight", no woman in heels could do that part without looking weird because it's not a move suitable for live performance. Britney is an amazing dancer and I'm sure the choreographer is very talented as well but alot of the moves here better suited male dancers. This era is tough to watch because so many fans disrespected her dancing skills and called her lazy when in reality the choreo was simply not suitable for her in my opinion (and she was being mercilessly drugged and controlled by her team).

Her female dancers looked amazing when they did that footwork combo....in heels. Brain did what he was requested to do. Team con wanted big flashy complex choreography...thats what he gave them. HIAM was some of the best chorography at that time. No artist had the guts to do anything that complex...so I commend brit for giving it a shot. 

• Like 1

Her best performance of this was at a France or Swedish show. I can't remember. It was the only HIAM performance that I could watch. She was so high energy especially from the bridge to the end but unfortunately I can't find it on youtube anymore. It was a really low key video with low views.

This whole era is unwatchable for me and it has nothing to do with Britney herself. She was not even trying at this point and for good reason. I feel like her team didn’t follow through with their end of the bargain after Circus was over. I think they manipulated her and told her to do the Circus album, go on tour, prove herself to be stable and they would give her life back to her.  She did exactly that, they made boatloads of money, and they backed out and made her “prove herself” again all while dangling her kids and her rights like a carrot , forcing her to make Femme Fatale. I can’t watch interviews, performances or listen to the album because it’s just sad. She made it clear that she was pissed off, her passion was gone and she couldn’t give a rat’s *** at that point. She was trapped and she knew it and rebelled in her own way. It’s just so damn sad that they destroyed her fire. It was a flame only found in few and I can only hope we get to see it spark again when and if she is ever ready. 

• Love 4
  • Like 4
9 hours ago, OutofKontrol said:

Her female dancers looked amazing when they did that footwork combo....in heels. Brain did what he was requested to do. Team con wanted big flashy complex choreography...thats what he gave them. HIAM was some of the best chorography at that time. No artist had the guts to do anything that complex...so I commend brit for giving it a shot. 

I get what you're saying but thats exactly my point. He did what "Team Con" wanted, not what would have made Britney look good. I love Britney but there was not a single rehearsal or performance where it look completed. I feel he should have adjusted it to match her situation and make sure SHE, not the back up dancers, looked great but I understand that's a matter of personal opinion. Al I know is that regardless this time period was a difficult one and the created choreography was not suitable (for goodness sake they had to use a body double for both videos during this era) so clearly I wasn't the only one who thought so BUT to be fair it's also hard to say if it would have looked better if Britney danced it with the energy & confidence of a free woman. Confidence is everything in a dance routine, and Team Con went to extreme ends to strip that away from her :( I honestly feel Britney was over it and I don't blame her. Not to mention, I don't think she performed this song OR it's choreo for a long time (or ever perhaps?) after the FF tour. I suspect she hates it too....

• Love 2
2 hours ago, hello70 said:

I get what you're saying but thats exactly my point. He did what "Team Con" wanted, not what would have made Britney look good. I love Britney but there was not a single rehearsal or performance where it look completed. I feel he should have adjusted it to match her situation and make sure SHE, not the back up dancers, looked great but I understand that's a matter of personal opinion. Al I know is that regardless this time period was a difficult one and the created choreography was not suitable (for goodness sake they had to use a body double for both videos during this era) so clearly I wasn't the only one who thought so BUT to be fair it's also hard to say if it would have looked better if Britney danced it with the energy & confidence of a free woman. Confidence is everything in a dance routine, and Team Con went to extreme ends to strip that away from her :( I honestly feel Britney was over it and I don't blame her. Not to mention, I don't think she performed this song OR it's choreo for a long time (or ever perhaps?) after the FF tour. I suspect she hates it too....

I'm sure at that time Britney was over it. Heck im sure by Circus Britney was over it. I could tell. Ive been to every Britney concert since i was 13, and by circus, it was like watching a completely different performer. Ive always assumed Britney simply didn't care to perform(under the restriction's she was under). Brian could have given her the best suitable dance moves, and tbh it still would have looked lackluster. Britney was just simply over it.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block