What are your thoughts on this Hold It Against Me rehearsal?

This was definitely the lowest for her, in my opinion. and it’s heartbreaking.

It’s not that the song is bad… in fact, ‘Femme Fatale’ is one of her best records. But this era just barely scratched the surface of what it could have been, and it’s no wonder, considering she was a prisoner throughout the whole thing. 

• Love 4
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, dr35 said:

This was definitely the lowest for her, in my opinion. and it’s heartbreaking.

It’s not that the song is bad… in fact, ‘Femme Fatale’ is one of her best records. But this era just barely scratched the surface of what it could have been, and it’s no wonder, considering she was a prisoner throughout the whole thing. 

This is exactly how I feel. 🥺

Looking back at it and what she went through. in recently time I felt like maybe in her own way she was rebelling (no pun intended) against the team by giving these performances where it seemed like she was checked out or didn’t really care. She would kill it during rehearsal but then the performance was okay.

spacer.png
With hold it against me I’ve always felt that was an awkward song to dance to because of the dub step beat, plus I would hate she would just sit in the chair when the breakdown would come. 

This is certainly hard to watch. I was trying to remeber if there was any promo for Britney Jean, and I can't remember. I kinda have that era erased from my mind. I imagine those promos would have been worse, cause I consider that era even worse, but my gawd, I can't recall!

16 hours ago, handmedown said:

Putting aside everything we now know she was going through, this is by far the worst choreography ever.  So unworthy of Britney Spears.  Perhaps forgivable if she were singing live as well but she’s not. And the outfits were so trashy, I’ll take that sweater she’s wearing here any day. 

But as you literally said, we know why. 

16 hours ago, princessmimi said:

For some reason she did better in the rehearsal than the actual performance

I think that happens a lot of time because there is less pressure and anxiety during the rehearsals than during the actual performance. She KNOWS people are very critical of her and pick apart everything she does and we know team-con didn't exactly  help her rebuild any confidence. 

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, Rik said:

During this time she literally had an IUD forced into her and was forced into therapy 7 days a week for 7 hours while being prescribed lithium on and off. 

Is that correct? Genuinely asking because I’m unsure of the timelines of things, but I thought the lithium and the 7 day 7 hour therapy was when we was forced into that facility around 2018?

As I said, I’m not completely sure of the timeline so may be totally wrong. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block