Stop HATING on Madonna! She's a Legend!!! 👑 (Discuss)

Yes, a legend. Yes, a legend who is a tryhard now. Yes, a legend who has become a joke to some people. Yes, a legend who has not been relevant in many years.

She has a catalogue that is "Immaculate" up to a certain point in time. Her trendyness gave way to being a follower and her image has suffered.

She will always get praise for what she has done, but she has opened herself up to derision.

I like her music from the 80s and 90s. My favorite song of hers is Borderline. After the early 2000s, she tried chasing the new sound, instead of creating it.

That being said, I don't look for her or keep up with what she's doing outside of something that may have made the news, so she may have put out a great song that I'm not aware of. She will always have her fans, but lost some fans along the way when they outgrew her and she did not grow along with them.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Yasux34 said:

Its not ageism , The filters etc etc are just way to much ....no one wants to see someone in their 60's trying so so hard to re retrieve their youth again. Sorry not cute. and no more matter how much of an icon she may be it will still not be cute.

Telling someone how to live their life is so Team Con vibes. She's a grown woman. There's a lot of 60 year olds who try way harder than Madonna. If she wants to try something different why does that bother her so much. You literally brought up her age and then say it's not ageism. :gtfo_britney_pink_wig_2007_mad_annoyed_irritated_stare:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, Frankie8 said:

Yes, a legend. Yes, a legend who is a tryhard now. Yes, a legend who has become a joke to some people. Yes, a legend who has not been relevant in many years.

She has a catalogue that is "Immaculate" up to a certain point in time. Her trendyness gave way to being a follower and her image has suffered.

She will always get praise for what she has done, but she has opened herself up to derision.

I like her music from the 80s and 90s. My favorite song of hers is Borderline. After the early 2000s, she tried chasing the new sound, instead of creating it.

That being said, I don't look for her or keep up with what she's doing outside of something that may have made the news, so she may have put out a great song that I'm not aware of. She will always have her fans, but lost some fans along the way when they outgrew her and she did not grow along with them.

You're entitled to your opinion. I can't change that. 

I'm a loyal fan. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Stefani said:

Imma have to disagree with my favorite Exhale member. I mean God created the universe, but do I worship or respect him? No. :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: So why should I respect Madonna's awful new song? :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses: Or her desperate attempts to stay trendy? :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

I just don't want to see anymore grillz, filters, pot smoking, or toilet selfies. Is that too much to ask? :hillary_clinton_mad_rant_yelling_telling_arguing_fighting:

Since she did that tiktok tune with Frozen, i wish she recorded this song and putted it on ROL or Music 

Oh and this for Confessions 

• Love 1

Also, not a superfan, but she's a force to be reckon with, she's a legend, she paved the way and has bops for days. 

Hard Candy is my fave album from her but her discog is one of the best. HC is still EVERYTHING 🔥🔥🔥💞💞

Also, she may not be the best singer but she is for sure one of the best dancers and performers the industry has ever seen and she's a creative genius and visionary. She gained my respect! 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, princessmimi said:

I totally agree with u!

I LOVE Madonna especially her 80s music. (The Like A Virgin album is my fave)

Even though I dont like what she did to her face and body,

I STILL respect her as the trailblazing artist she was and is.

Its just a damn shame that I wasnt alive back in the 80s,

I would've been a MEGA fan wearing outfits like her.

She is sadly underrated now because she's overshadowed by newer artists

but that DOESNT take away what she's done for the industry and the world!

CONFESSIONS TOO 😍😍😍😍

And agree with literally EVERYTHING you said

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I grew up on Madonna...My first cassette tape was True Blue.

I've seen her in concert three times...Drowned World, Sticky & Sweet, and Rebel Heart.

She's exactly who I thought she'd turn into from an artistic perspective...Still grinding, and still trying to reinvent herself.

I suspect what might be causing all the hatred is the person that she's grown into...It's odd, but I feel as if I don't really know her anymore. 

:ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block