Stop HATING on Madonna! She's a Legend!!! 👑 (Discuss)

Die another day made me a fan. Her VIOLENT era was everything, what it feels like for a girl. Die another day American life. Talk about evolving with your art but making it authentic. Longevity is everything and so far no one has been able to match that to her degree. She is the one in control and excels in that. Put Brit in control and she takes her whole career down (no restraint/ party animal, little girl lost) … lazy people (Jennifer Lopez Christina a) those with mental disorders/ **** fiends (Gaga, Michael Jackson) and those not so smart (Beyoncé Ariana). Fashion people love Madonna for a reason. The last time u saw Beyoncé at a show? Never cuz it’s a mirage, throw her in a room with avant-garde people and she will shrink shrink

• Love 3
21 hours ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

Yup. Madonna is the certified GOAT. Her, Britney and Beyoncé will go down in history as the three biggest female artists to debut during the MTV revolution. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Omg, everyone always forget Freddy Mercury. He invented the current pop business model: performance>music

and also why do you say Madonna, Beyoncé, and Britney are the biggest female artists of the MTV revolution? They are THE biggest artists of the age. What male artist is bigger than them? (bc you Obvs missed Freddy…but he wasn’t part of the mtv age). Why not just say those artists are the biggest artists of the age?…I personally would add Janet to the list, but you clearly dont like Janet, and I’m not trying to start that messy debate.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Omg, everyone always forget Freddy Mercury. He invented the current pop business model: performance>music

and also why do you say Madonna, Beyoncé, and Britney are the biggest female artists of the MTV revolution? They are THE biggest artists of the age. What male artist is bigger than them? (bc you Obvs missed Freddy…but he wasn’t part of the mtv age). Why not just say those artists are the biggest artists of the age?…I personally would add Janet to the list, but you clearly dont like Janet, and I’m not trying to start that messy debate.

What are you trying to argue here? :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory: The MTV revolution began in the early 80s and lasted about until the mid-to-late 10s. Freddy/Queen's legacy and discography lasted well into the MTV revolution. Bowie is also someone who launched before the revolution yet was still massive going into the MTV revolution. Michael Jackson. Prince. Bruce Springsteen. Billy Joel. Eminem. Jay-Z. Kanye. Drake. Justin Bieber. I would argue are also some of the biggest male artists over the last 40 years. 

Janet is great, don't get me wrong, but she wasn't as big as Madonna, Britney or Beyonce. 

12 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

What are you trying to argue here? :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory: The MTV revolution began in the early 80s and lasted about until the mid-to-late 10s. Freddy/Queen's legacy and discography lasted well into the MTV revolution. Bowie is also someone who launched before the revolution yet was still massive going into the MTV revolution. Michael Jackson. Prince. Bruce Springsteen. Billy Joel. Eminem. Jay-Z. Kanye. Drake. Justin Bieber. I would argue are also some of the biggest male artists over the last 40 years. 

Janet is great, don't get me wrong, but she wasn't as big as Madonna, Britney or Beyonce. 

Is Freddy considered MTV? He was the first person I ever stanned 🥰 But Queen fans are even worse than Britney fans, so I couldn’t keep up the habit.

michael and Prince—legendary agreed

Bowie…mehh…great…but still meh

billy joel amazing musician but he doesn’t really fit in the iconic performer category like Madonna, beyonce, and Britney.

bruce Springsteen?! You have to be from New Jersey or Jersey UK to Stan him 🤮

bieber 🤮(except desposito)

jay-z 🤮

eminem…maybe, but im Only recently getting over my bias against him for his anti Britney commentary

drake…ok you are right

• Love 1
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, samwoods321 said:

I just can not understand people thinking she is sooooo good, when it is blantaly in your face that she has a terrible voice, a disgusting attitude, is a known copy cat, user, can't accept that she is aging and behaves like a child. We don't need any of that 

Then why did you jump into this thread? 🤡

• Love 1
On 3/12/2022 at 6:12 AM, HisNameisChase said:

She used to set trends and now follows them and tries to chase them only to sound and appear desperate. There is no doubt ageism plays a part but she always tries too hard to be a victim

Everyone keeps saying this but Madonna always followed music trends, even back then :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

i'd say she influenced the way female popstars behave in general, she helped to create gimmicks and tropes for the "female popstar" business model. But when it comes to music, she was never above trends. She always released stuff that were perfectly corporate and trendy. 

Whether we like it or not Madonna is the best female pop artist of all time period. 

Mariah and Celine may have rules the 90s, Britney may have ruled the 00s and Taylor Swift ruled the 2010s. But Madonna ruled from 80s to 2009. Her Hard Candy album was the first time she started to show weakness, even still the tour for the record was the highest grossing for female and mdna tour is up there too. Rebel heart era is the first era she stopped breaking records and that was in 2015,  after 35 years at the top. 

• Love 1

Everybody keeps saying that Hard Candy was the beginning of the downfall, but 4 minutes, Miles away or Voices are so strong and that’s just a few example. The album wasn’t nearly as epic as COAD but imo it’s still strong.

I’d say MDNA was the real low. So generic… :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

But that’s just my personal preference.

Then I enjoyed Rebel Heart again…

And Madonna nowadays… hmm. I just don’t really see her anymore which is a shame. She could take vocal lessons again and get back to the seriousness somewhere between Evita and Ray of light. But who am I to tell her anything? Also that’s clearly not the route she is going for so… eventually she’s just mocking herself and except her diehard fans everybody will think it’s cringe af.

Above this all I’ll always love Madonna for what she has achieved and her great catalogue and messages through her music. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Riko said:

Everybody keeps saying that Hard Candy was the beginning of the downfall, but 4 minutes, Miles away or Voices are so strong and that’s just a few example. The album wasn’t nearly as epic as COAD but imo it’s still strong.

I’d say MDNA was the real low. So generic… :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

But that’s just my personal preference.

Then I enjoyed Rebel Heart again…

And Madonna nowadays… hmm. I just don’t really see her anymore which is a shame. She could take vocal lessons again and get back to the seriousness somewhere between Evita and Ray of light. But who am I to tell her anything? Also that’s clearly not the route she is going for so… eventually she’s just mocking herself and except her diehard fans everybody will think it’s cringe af.

Above this all I’ll always love Madonna for what she has achieved and her great catalogue and messages through her music. 

I totally agree with you. Hard Candy is actually my favorite Madonna album. It's fun. Also MDNA is a bad album that aged horribly. Thankfully we at least got the iconic Girl Gone Wild 

• Like 1
On 3/11/2022 at 11:38 PM, DoubleJayTawndre said:

I'm sick and tired of this ageism, haterade, disrespect, negative talk of a grown *** woman who has a Legendary track record. :gtfo_britney_pink_wig_2007_mad_annoyed_irritated_stare:

into the groove madonna GIFmaterial girl madonna GIF

Madonna has paved the way for ALL POP DIVAS. Generation to Generation. Her influence is why we have Lady Gaga and Britney Spears. :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

high kick dancing GIF

Why would you disrespect her? :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts:

We fell in love with all of our individual Pop icons because of some reason. A certain song or choreo or video spoke to us and we at that moment stanned the artist. Madonna had that moment for all her "fans" quote on quote. 

She reinvented Pop music and it was barely invented in the early 80s, late 70s max. She defined expressing yourself whether ***ually or otherwise. :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

We don't have to LOVE every single project or single they release, but honestly reading some of the comments on here about her recent work and IG posts and lifestyle, the way she looks, her age, what she should wear... It's so disrespectful. Madonna is a grown woman who don't need any of our approval. She's already had the #1s, the success, the moments, she don't have anything else to prove. She should retire but I believe she continues because she's 1. great at it. 2. loves her fans. 3. doesn't have anything to prove. just wants to express herself. 

Nicki Minaj Madonna GIF by Nikos Kontovas

We all have our own right to opinion, but let's watch what we say. She is a icon. Don't forget. Whatever generation you're from, she created Pop. I love Madonna as a fan but I'm making this thread as a GP point of view because Madonna has a track record of legendary work. Just because we don't like certain songs she releases or albums or remixes doesn't mean she isn't any less iconic. 

**** queen of pop GIF

Remember artists have freedom of expression. Just like Britney but I'm not gonna go there because I have a legendary post about Britney coming up guaranteed to be mainpaged :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

Let's take a moment to love Madonna. The Madonna appreciation thread.

What moment made u a Madonna fan?

Mine was her first record MADONNA. Her early 80s music is legendary. 

Discuss.

mad sleeping beauty GIF

Some of you have a lot of extra time I see. 😂

On 3/13/2022 at 1:56 PM, Void said:

Everyone keeps saying this but Madonna always followed music trends, even back then :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

i'd say she influenced the way female popstars behave in general, she helped to create gimmicks and tropes for the "female popstar" business model. But when it comes to music, she was never above trends. She always released stuff that were perfectly corporate and trendy. 

Let’s not try to rewrite history. Madonna set numerous trends. From the way she dressed when she first came out, Madonna has set numerous musical trends. And also LAP wasn’t not perfectly corporate or trendy. She actually lost corporate deals over it

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block