The Quest for Rebellion

peacht

1 hour ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

OMG YES! Sugarfall is one of her BEST unreleased songs :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary:

I'm actually one of the few people that like Why Should I Be Sad, but I sometimes wonder if Sugarfall followed by Outta This Would would have been a better way to close out Blackout. 

Ugh I think your suggestion would have been amazing. What a great way to end the album. I do like Why Should I Be Sad too though. And I like the demo version of Sugarfall better than the full mix 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, peacht said:

I saw a thread with info and they talked about michelle and the producers and stuff (I saw it in 2019) maybe i couldnt find it :( but there was more info here

Oh do you mean @PlayboyMommy's thread about every song Britney ever recorded? They said they're working on a new list as their original list was outdated. I'm pretty sure the thread is still there, but the list was removed from the first post.

I have been trying to get more info about this unreleased song of Britney.

I just made this thread on reddit on this group that finds a lot of lost media.

Does anyone have real information and not just rumours about the topic?

I made this just by searching the forum and the internet but im not pretty sure this is 100% correct, I dont know much about the song and production an im pretty sure older people in the fandom know better.

Please feel free to contact me so we i can recopilate the facts.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lostmedia/comments/stb1gm/britney_spears_lost_song_bounty_100/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

All the stuff about Original Doll is unconfirmed fan fiction with no source or legitimacy whatsoever. This song was for Blackout. Britney worked with Olsen on a number of songs and Britney-Online shared some interesting instrumentals that may have been produced during the same sessions. He also produced the mixes used for The M+M’s Tour which was supposedly meant to be longer (there’s an unused Oops mix that was meant to be an interlude)

At the end of the day, several people have said some people *do* in fact have the song but it will most likely never leak. @CJMCH and @JackSProductions might be able to shed some more light on the topic  

• Love 3
  • Like 4
13 minutes ago, halfdressed said:

It will never be overhyped. There isn’t a single timeline in the multiverse where I hear the full version and am disappointed. It’s not even about the song anymore. It’s the mystery and eerie tones of that period in her life. 

I think the same thing tbh.

Its not just the song at the end of the day, its everything.

I think the more you cant access something the more curious you are haha

• Love 2
  • Like 2
28 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

All the stuff about Original Doll is unconfirmed fan fiction with no source or legitimacy whatsoever. This song was for Blackout. Britney worked with Olsen on a number of songs and Britney-Online shared some interesting instrumentals that may have been produced during the same sessions. He also produced the mixes used for The M+M’s Tour which was supposedly meant to be longer (there’s an unused Oops mix that was meant to be an interlude)

At the end of the day, several people have said some people *do* in fact have the song but it will most likely never leak. @CJMCH and @JackSProductions might be able to shed some more light on the topic  

@CJMCH @JackSProductions 

Help us PLEASE :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on: 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, b42ad said:

Britney put a very short snippet of the song on her official website in summer 2006 when she was pregnant with Jayden, accompanied by a visual of her face morphing into a tiger’s face.

spacer.png

She took it down a few days later and put a longer snippet up, which had different production. This feeds into the theory the song itself was recorded in 2006 and was actively being recorded/edited around the time she posted it on her website.

Theres a paparazzi picture of Britney leaving either Jive HQ or a recording studio around November/December 2006 holding a CD of demos recorded for what would become Blackout and you can vaguely make out some song titles, such as Gimme More. Some people think they can see Rebellion on that disc (the last track), but it’s very blurry.

spacer.png

In January 2007, Britney was papped listening to a Blackout demo CD in her car. We heard snippets of State Of Grace, Baby Boy, To Love Let Go and then when she drove away you could hear the intro of Rebellion playing, which was a part of the song we hadn’t heard on her website.

It’s not known for sure if the song was ever completely finished but the fact it was on her demo CD suggests it was.

The song is rumoured to have been out on YouTube in full for a very brief period before it was taken down. People also claim to have it on the “black market” of unreleased songs, where people trade songs with each other, but the fact it’s so high demand amongst the fans and has never leaked makes me think nobody has it.

The producer (I forgot his name) died and he’s one of the only people known to have had the song. It’s possible that if Britney doesn’t have it, and it’s not locked in a vault somewhere, that it’s lost forever.

All of this is from memory so if I’m wrong please feel free to correct me! :)

Britney driving off while rebellion plays is so iconic 

• Love 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block