The Quest for Rebellion

peacht

8 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Hahahah…that’s not your fault. This site…well…people like to talk about Britney and that’s fantastic. But let’s be honest, the tech is a time capsule of the 2005 internet. 😁🤣😘

I think the mods changed it because both messages of the thread are here 

I don’t even know where to start, I spent literally a decade on this song. I was close to Christopher Notes’ family for years and they don’t have the track, they allowed me to remote access his personal computer and it wasn’t there. Don’t trust a word Jeff Duran says he’s a liar and had no involvement with the track. The first demo was recorded I believe 2005 with Notes at Brit’s home studio in Malibu, the second final version was recorded with Scott Storch in 2006 Scott’s manager confirmed to me via email in 2019 they no longer have the track in their archive confirming Scott worked on it, she recorded with Scott at Criteria Studios in Miami and I believe two engineers that helped with the session are Conrad Golding and Wayne “the brain” Allison as they did almost everything with Scott around that time especially for pop artists they did such artists as Brooke Hogan and I believe Ashley Tisdale or Paris Hilton. I was given their phone numbers by someone but I never contacted them as it was sort of too much for me. Honestly I can pretty much answer any questions you have on this track, what I don’t know for sure is who wrote and co-wrote it but I do believe Angela Hunte from the Hunt Group has involvement. Good luck with your search and if you need any help let me know.

Can we try find to find Conrad Golding and Wayne “the brain” Allison ? They must have the song or have more information !

I also remember MM (Music Mafia) on their site had a snippet of Rebellion (The clip we all have). This site was known for having unreleased tracks by many artists but you needed to pay for tracks using bitcoin... (Or something similar to bitcoin at the time) anytime they posted a snippet of songs, they were then later released for purchase for the full track. 

I don't know if they were claiming to have the full track as it was only a snippet. Once people were speculating that they did have it, the site went down in less than a week I believe. I don't know where they've relocated or still exist somewhere. They also posted a snippet of telephone as well, could have just been the HQ demo. 

I've always found the story around it really interesting. I always side eye people who ask why we want the full song or that the song is sonically not good. I really don't think it's about the song itself but what it stands for and what it meant for Britney at the time. That's why i was always intrigued by it.

There's always so much mystique and mystery surronding Britney's life and career, especially at that time, it's interesting and scary at the same time 

• Love 6
  • Like 2
23 hours ago, b42ad said:

Britney put a very short snippet of the song on her official website in summer 2006 when she was pregnant with Jayden, accompanied by a visual of her face morphing into a tiger’s face.

spacer.png

She took it down a few days later and put a longer snippet up, which had different production. This feeds into the theory the song itself was recorded in 2006 and was actively being recorded/edited around the time she posted it on her website.

Theres a paparazzi picture of Britney leaving either Jive HQ or a recording studio around November/December 2006 holding a CD of demos recorded for what would become Blackout and you can vaguely make out some song titles, such as Gimme More. Some people think they can see Rebellion on that disc (the last track), but it’s very blurry.

spacer.png

In January 2007, Britney was papped listening to a Blackout demo CD in her car. We heard snippets of State Of Grace, Baby Boy, To Love Let Go and then when she drove away you could hear the intro of Rebellion playing, which was a part of the song we hadn’t heard on her website.

It’s not known for sure if the song was ever completely finished but the fact it was on her demo CD suggests it was.

The song is rumoured to have been out on YouTube in full for a very brief period before it was taken down. People also claim to have it on the “black market” of unreleased songs, where people trade songs with each other, but the fact it’s so high demand amongst the fans and has never leaked makes me think nobody has it.

The producer (I forgot his name) died and he’s one of the only people known to have had the song. It’s possible that if Britney doesn’t have it, and it’s not locked in a vault somewhere, that it’s lost forever.

All of this is from memory so if I’m wrong please feel free to correct me! :)

Ohhhh…this made me realize something…the part of Rebellion that we have is Part 2! It’s Part 1 that hasn’t been released.

https://www.ascap.com/repertory#/ace/search/title/Rebellion/performer/Britney?at=false&searchFilter=SVW&page=1

^^ this shows the song was registered in two parts. Part 2 is what we have.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Ohhhh…this made me realize something…the part of Rebellion that we have is Part 2! It’s Part 1 that hasn’t been released.

https://www.ascap.com/repertory#/ace/search/title/Rebellion/performer/Britney?at=false&searchFilter=SVW&page=1

If that dude name jeff hasnt worked on the song ehy is he there?

6 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Bingo. People have said that what we have is the second verse/chorus but we’ve lacked a proper intro, first verse, first chorus, bridge, and final chorus

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block