Danja says 'Blackout' was 20 years ahead of its time: Britney "already set the bar that people are still struggling to meet it."

3 minutes ago, BoyDeChanel said:

Future***/LoveSounds is modern RnB, but Blackout has this darker EDM vibe and european dance-pop sound that really sounded very fresh and unique when it debuted. JT only wishes

I haven't heard the whole of FutureS£x/LoveSounds but the singles from that album always gave me futuristic vibes. Even Wikipedia says the album had electro influences. But who knows :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Prachi said:

Blackout was indeed a trendsetter but what I never understood is that Britney always lets go of her ballads I just never understood why, blackout stems were clearly hinting at her R and B touch but they never made it to the album. 

In the podcast, the producers and writers said either Britney’s team or the label said not to “touch” on her personal life in the music creation process. The producers/writers said **** that and did it anyways. Supposedly they gave her a ballad called “See My Side” that Britney started recording byt was later released by Jordin Sparks instead because it made Britney so emotional that she couldn’t finish the song. 

Danja also said that he could tell if Britney liked stuff just by her body language alone, and she’d be dancing in the studio to the stuff she liked. So it sounds like it was a combination of the label or Britney’s team and Britney herself enjoying the dance songs more.  

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Isla said:

I haven't heard the whole of FutureS£x/LoveSounds but the singles from that album always gave me futuristic vibes. Even Wikipedia says the album had electro influences. But who knows :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Well I checked and according to Wikipedia FS/LS is electro-RnB, while Blackout has only two electro-RnB tracks: Break the Ice and Outta This World.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Rik said:

He’s right :drinky_cheers_wine_smoke_bubbles_sunglasses_nod_tea_sip:

***ing in the attic :milkney_slumber_party_glory_britney_blue_lick_yum_table:
When you felt so automatic :neydedance_purple:
:forkit_britney_ice_cream_ellen_glory_eating_yum_spoon_food:Felt explosive when you had it
When you come all over me :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:
Boy I made it rain :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:
Just when I squeezed and made it tight :bang_gun_dance_boom_blue:
Just so relaxed, so don't you fight it :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:
Just calm down, feel the freak in me :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson:

ha ha ha hh :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked: 

Yeahhh I never knew how much I needed to respect this. When any passerby listens of course it sounds a little raw on the surface but 1) it’s probably incomplete and 2) it’s not supposed to be a perfectized pop smash hit radio hit. Its grimy and experimental and just great. I think many people trying to be objective would agree britney could use some professional training on controlling her voice a bit but she is something special in the studio.  She has her own swag when she’s in control doing what she wants. It’s rare. Anyone open minded and exposed to her deep cuts, demos, and b-sides would agree. She’s authentic. So it’s a shame I’ve heard people call her “manufactured”. Not when she’s in control fools lol. 

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

In the podcast, the producers and writers said either Britney’s team or the label said not to “touch” on her personal life in the music creation process. The producers/writers said **** that and did it anyways. Supposedly they gave her a ballad called “See My Side” that Britney started recording byt was later released by Jordin Sparks instead because it made Britney so emotional that she couldn’t finish the song. 

Danja also said that he could tell if Britney liked stuff just by her body language alone, and she’d be dancing in the studio to the stuff she liked. So it sounds like it was a combination of the label or Britney’s team and Britney herself enjoying the dance songs more.  

I agree I heard the podcast but I always wondered on how from In the zone onwards she was going towards R and B and let's not forget Mariah was one of her biggest inspirations too even Britney album has some touches of R and B but yes Blackout was indeed a time where maybe Britney didn't wanted ballads on the album and then Conservatorship happened so we never came to see her other side. 

Britney has done a lot of club bangers already and I've always felt that she wanted to touch R and B. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

I get that, but even if Britney felt this way it wasn’t her job to submit them. It was her label & team job to get it submitted. I know her team was practically nobody, but she still was on a major label. I think somebody drop the ball on this album. I think she definitely would have pick up an award for it, in some capacity 

Jive didn't even fund blackout nor gave budget for the videos not shocked for not even submitting it tbh, plus it's good it wasn't it wouldn't have won anything anyway. 

I hope they will give full creativity freedom to Brit for next album. I really wanna hear sassy hood Britney again. Blackout is her best album. But I don't want them to repeat same thing they should try new experimental sounds. She reached that level of status.  She should be the one who making new trends not the one who follow existing ones.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block