Danja says 'Blackout' was 20 years ahead of its time: Britney "already set the bar that people are still struggling to meet it."

29 minutes ago, Rik said:

He’s right :drinky_cheers_wine_smoke_bubbles_sunglasses_nod_tea_sip:

***ing in the attic :milkney_slumber_party_glory_britney_blue_lick_yum_table:
When you felt so automatic :neydedance_purple:
:forkit_britney_ice_cream_ellen_glory_eating_yum_spoon_food:Felt explosive when you had it
When you come all over me :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:
Boy I made it rain :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:
Just when I squeezed and made it tight :bang_gun_dance_boom_blue:
Just so relaxed, so don't you fight it :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:
Just calm down, feel the freak in me :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson:

ha ha ha hh :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked: 

******* in the attic….she predicted the pandemic. A prophetic Queen!! 

• Love 1
  • Haha 5
4 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Depends how you are looking at it, dark synth pop with European sounds didn't came into the picture by then after Blackout things changed for after albums like TFM etc, but these kinda sounds didn't come into picture! 

Hmmm yeah I can see what you mean by 'dark synth pop'. But electropop became very popular around that time and in particular, so many R&B songs started infusing electronic sounds. Timbaland and Keri Hilson's The Way I Are is a good example of a 'dark' electropop song (with R&B influences) from 2007.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Prachi said:

Yeah it wasn't I guess from what I see is that Britney definitely cared about winning Grammy during her teen pop era and slave era but she started to understand that she isnt taken seriously by them after that I think Britney just never cared for them at all. 

I get that, but even if Britney felt this way it wasn’t her job to submit them. It was her label & team job to get it submitted. I know her team was practically nobody, but she still was on a major label. I think somebody drop the ball on this album. I think she definitely would have pick up an award for it, in some capacity 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Isla said:

Hmmm yeah I can see what you mean by 'dark synth pop'. But electropop became very popular around that time and in particular, so many R&B songs started infusing electronic sounds. Timbaland and Keri Hilson's The Way I Are is a good example of a 'dark' electropop song (with R&B influences) from 2007.

Timbaland kind of started that sound, but Blackout expanded on it and pushed it further. Danja was Timbaland's protege so there is similarities in their work from that time

• Love 1
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, BlackoutITZ said:

Timbaland kind of started that sound, but Blackout expanded on it and pushed it further. Danja was Timbaland's protege so there is similarities in their work from that time

Yeah definitely. Going further back we also had FutureS£x/LoveSounds from 2006.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block