Lady Gaga says it's difficult for her to sing songs off 'Chromatica'

2 hours ago, bas che said:

Because it flopped? It’s like she never wants to be associated with failures. she should learn to embrace her art, rather than let her the numbers decide for her what she can or can’t sing. 

It hardly flopped compared to ARTPOP (which itself wasn't that much of a failure)

I.LOVE.CHROMATICA!! I truly do. And I think it's so Gaga and so honest and so s/xy and so gay.

But I hate how overly sensitive she gets sometimes, she should have learned how to play the game by now. And I also hate how she totally HID during the pandemic and barely promoted the album, while DUA LIPA CARRIED US ALL THROUGH COVID. Dua Lipa put all other popstars to shame, she proved that you can still work and make the world dance no matter what. Now if the album flopped or not, and why, I don't really care because it's amazing either way. Someday you b*tches will get it.

• Love 6
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Isla said:

It hardly flopped compared to ARTPOP (which itself wasn't that much of a failure)

Huh? Art pop did 1M+ global sales. Maybe two. Chromatica pales in comparison and if it weren’t for the Ariana Grande collab it would have probably debuted outside the top 10.

no wonder she pivoted and ran as fast as she can back to  the poor Alzheimer’s patient Tony Bennet.

2 minutes ago, bas che said:

Huh? Art pop did 1M+ global sales. Maybe two. Chromatica pales in comparison and if it weren’t for the Ariana Grande collab it would have probably debuted outside the top 10.

no wonder she pivoted and ran as fast as she can back to  the poor Alzheimer’s patient Tony Bennet.

I'm pretty sure Chromatica sold more than ARTPOP but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I doubt it wouldn't have gone top 10. Oh and she and Tony Bennett had always planned to do a second jazz album together, it just came later than expected as Gaga was busy with other projects. 

So does this mean no Chromatica Ball then? I've literally been waiting 2 1/2 years to see her since the rest of Enigma was canceled. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I do love Chromatica, even with all its flaws. It's far from perfect, and it doesn't match the artistry or the acclaim of The Fame Monster era / Born This Way, but it was still a great album to me, honestly because even as average as it truly may be, a return to dance music was all what we needed from Gaga during the pandemic.

I think part of its problem is in the production, I think there were too many chefs in the kitchen, even with BloodPop overseeing everyone's involvement. Songs like Sour Candy and Sine from Above that weren't originally for Gaga, don't do the greatest job at showcasing her voice, and the majority of the rest of the songs (other than Rain On Me and Free Woman) are half baked, uninspired lyrically, and don't live to their fullest potential (even on songs like Enigma where her vocal performance itself is outstanding). 

The hype surrounding the album lost its steam upon arrival, with the leak of Stupid Love (a song that's catchy but reductive at the same time), and the drawn out, lengthy promo of its following two singles and the ridiculous Oreo ad campaign weren't enough to regain traction for the era, even as amazing as Rain on Me was. 

I hate to say it, but I just don't think Gaga's heart is in performing anything from Chromatica (or anything that has underperformed for that matter). It's got nothing to do with it "being too hard for her." Especially with her foray into film being solidified with House of Gucci, her other endeavors are making her more money at the moment and it may be awhile until we get a worthy pop album from her. 

36 minutes ago, Isla said:

I'm pretty sure Chromatica sold more than ARTPOP but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I doubt it wouldn't have gone top 10. Oh and she and Tony Bennett had always planned to do a second jazz album together, it just came later than expected as Gaga was busy with other projects. 

Artpop 2.1M

Chromatica 680k

Source: 

https://chartmasters.org/2020/12/lady-gaga-albums-and-songs-sales/

Artpop may not have been her peak but it did benefit from the momentum of her previous two albums. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block