Lady Gaga says it's difficult for her to sing songs off 'Chromatica'

So in other words this dance album is to personal even for her. 

The way the success was very limited granted the pandemic and obviously the trends changed, Chromatica should have followed Up ARTPOP, to me it was 6 years to late. 

This is her first album to not be gold or platinum in her native country at all. 

So she has to change image and sound. 

Obviously more people are here for her as an actress than her Music. The buzz of House of Gucci has more general public support than her return to Dance pop has. 

• Love 2
  • Like 4
47 minutes ago, bas che said:

Because it flopped? It’s like she never wants to be associated with failures. she should learn to embrace her art, rather than let her the numbers decide for her what she can or can’t sing. 

The industry doesn't allow failures. 

@Prachican tell you the industry executives are number obsessed and far an artist like gaga who hasn't had a flop, it would be a blow to her. 

Even Madonna was told in 1992 Erotica Album sold 5 Million worldwide and 2 Million in the US and she was told it was a flop cos of her past sales and success. And like she asked who's to say it's a flop based on what. 

She even said it's not her fault people rejected it. But nearly 30 years later Erotica is getting its flowers, but I don't know any other artist outside Madonna getting that treatment with a full apology as well from the press and the industry as well. 

• Love 3

Wasn't Sour Candy primarily written by someone else though? A demo leaked a while back that was sung by someone else and was virtually the same as the released version. So at the very least she doesn't have much emotional attachment to that song and she could've promoted it more. We needed a music video tbh. :rupaulslap_hit_mad:

• Love 4

I don't get that...isn't writing and performing songs, even the darkest ones, a way to heal? A way to overcome their past?

What's the use of making music if you will never use it...i think that's just odd.

I mean..Wrecking Ball for example was so painful for Miley yet she never not performed it.

Perhaps I am being selfish but if you aren't hurt enough to cash in big bucks from your wounds but you are to perform them, then something doesn't add up....

• Love 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block