Billboard names the big 00s’ artists that they think can score a #1 with their comeback.

Justin hate on a Britney forum? Shocking.

IDC about him but he scored a bit hit not too long ago with Can’t Fight the Feeling. Not to mention his 2018 album debuted at number 1 with almost 300k copies sold which is unheard of in this day and age (given you’re not Adele, Taylor Swift or BTS). On top of this, he did the Super Bowl halfway show in 2018.

Idk about y’all but he seems to be the most active / relevant out of the bunch if you ask me...

Why is exhale in general so hateful towards other artists? I don't get it, you don't need to hate everyone else to support Britney....

Anyways, I think DC would get number 1 for sure. Britney, I am not so sure, maybe with the right song. Ciara and Avril had a hard time getting a number 1 in the 2000s, i don't think they would have a chance now, but I would love to see it :)

• Love 2

In  my opinion nobody can do it, industry has changed big time and none of them are streaming artists for example if Britney comes with a song she needs at least 25M streams to chart at no 1 for a song + mass buying needs to be done considering how fans have not even bought a single copy of glory till yet I am very sure when her next project comes (if comes) might see no 1 for album not for song because charting for a song for a week is very easy but you need to pitch in and mass buy the song and this fandom is slow AF so I am giving a very realistic approach. 

Willow by Taylor was bought by fans given the discounted price so fans mass bought it hence it fell down the next week, I am sure britney fans cant even do this and I am sorry to say but this is just what I feel. 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Prachi said:

I think DC is famous in the US? They weren't in my country though so DC comeback can be huge in US I feel. 

beyonce solo only with payola and her old sound because not even her fans buy her fake socially conscious music

DCs i believe could score a top 10 just like Britney

justin is still hot in the US hes a man...its easier for men than women

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Jefferson Silva said:

beyonce solo only with payola and her old sound because not even her fans buy her fake socially conscious music

DCs i believe could score a top 10 just like Britney

justin is still hot in the US hes a man...its easier for men than women

Lemonade sold like 3m in pure by 2021 bro, I dislike Beyonce do the fullest but she's huge in US. 

2 hours ago, Stefani said:

This list feels so irrelevant because in truth all it would take for any of them to score a #1 song is to collaborate with BTS. That's literally it, and it shows how ******* broken the charts are these days due to mass buying, streaming, and VPNs from that fanbase.

the Coldplay shade lmaao

@Prachi

They also seem to forget Avril lavigne is actually huge in Asia, like Mariah Carey huge. 

Plus she has a platinum single with head above water and is an independent artist now. She's doing better than half of her peers. We've been saying BMG Rights management actually understands the artists they sign. 

Kylie minogue is actually been bigger after that disastrous kiss me once era. 

BMG also helped Janet Jackson take back what's rightfully hers. Her narrative and her career. 

Unbreakable was a major success Janet hasn't seen in years. 

Sometimes going independent is better, and in today's culture. you don't need a major label at all. Streaming has made it accessible for independent acts. 

They all could, except Ciara.  She was never exactly the IT girl…she was popular but…

Avril needs another “Girlfriend”…something fun and catchy, if she wants a number 1.  Justin, Britney, and DC could very easily get a number one.

DC prob wouldn’t even have to try too hard and they could do it.

Britney would have to put a little work in, for sure.  But her core stan-base is still huge…and like with Circus, the GP is on her side now and would love to support her (plus with the long break people will be curious and thirsty.)

Justin will have to put some serious work in.  He lets too much time go in-between projects that other artists take his spotlight.  It worked back in the day because it built hype, but in between 20/20 and MOTW a lot changed in the industry.  I suppose he could go the generic, route like his last big hit from a soundtrack…maybe he could get lucky again.

25 minutes ago, Stefani said:

How? Beyonce couldn't even score a #1 hit with her last album's lead single, so why would Destiny's Child do any better?

Well, I don't think beyonce was trying to get a song number one, she wasn't doing anything super commercial friendly, yet her albums, beyonce and lemonade, were extremely successful and were number one albums. 

Destiny's child on the other hand always had a super commercial appeal, upbeat songs and all. And their 15 year old comeback would be hype enough to get a song in number one in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Content Curators
4 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

Billboard making up this random topic just to once again feature Beyonce 🙄 Does Beyonce have Billboard in her pocket the way Daddy Colon had TMZ? :leaving_tiffany_pollard_walk_away_leaving_bye_walking_out_pink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_bag:

I knew it!!! fake queen bey stan  :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

• Haha 2

I wanna be there when you touch fire