Tish Yates has revealed that Britney’s famous “you don’t own me” shirt was actually about Charlie Ebersol.

Moscow

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

It makes sense though. She had previously worn the I love Charlie sign, so now this was like her way to rectify.

But still doesn't give me the impression that Charlie would be controlling, but hey, appearances are deceiving. That also explains the sudden and silent breakup. 

There’s a chance that he wasn’t “that controlling” but based on her situation I’m sure she was triggered by any kind of control and that’s honestly the only control she could get away from. It might have given her a sense of empowerment. 

• Like 3

From all of her lovers he seemed to me not just the best looking but the one that suited best her life, he had money, he had (in a lower extent) his own fame, he wasnt with her for the money or to get a chance to have a spotlight. I actually thought at some point, he was the one she was gonna marry one day. 

A few days ago, I checked his IG and he's now married and built a family, and I felt kinda sad because that's exactly what Britney has always wished and I remember rumors at the time that they split up because he wanted to make a family but somehow (idk why we didnt see those red flags) Britney wasnt able to do so. :katyfrog_perry_upset_um:

• Like 4