Why DWAD wasn't a world tour?

This kinda bothers me for years now...

So with OIDIA tour she already went to Europe (making it a world tour), and also with ITZ and every other tour EXCEPT Dream Within A Dream!

It was only held in North America (US and Canada), and one concert in Japan as I just saw, but none in Europe?

How come? 

She was the biggest celebrity in the world during that era, we can say her peak era, and her singles were very successful in Europe, much more than in USA actually...

Is there any particular reason for that?

• Love 2

She was extremely overworked this era movie, album, tour, Pepsi deal, Super Bowl, Vmas 

She wanted to take a break and was getting a lot of hate back then especially after the Mexico fiasco (you left that out she went there) 

so I bet she she decided not to go, back then she was calling the shots when it came to her tours

• Haha 1
  • Like 7
11 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

9/11 is the only reason I can think of, she hates flying so I can see that really scaring her off (understandably)

Oh I didn't think of that.

It kinda does make sense. But I can't believe nobody ever adressed that? Or gave an official statement or something:mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Britman512 said:

She was extremely overworked this era movie, album, tour, Pepsi deal, Super Bowl, Vmas 

She wanted to take a break and was getting a lot of hate back then especially after the Mexico fiasco (you left that out she went there) 

so I bet she she decided not to go, back then she was calling the shots when it came to her tours

Oh yeah, I forgot Mexico:embarrassney_embarrassed_shame_guilt_hide_britney_karaoke_head_shake_no_smh:

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Lil-Jay said:

Oh I didn't hear think of that.

It kinda does make sense. But I can't believe nobody ever adressed that? Or gave a official statement or something:mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

I mean the tour started a month after 9/11 so I don't think an explanation was needed

8 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

there was plans to visit europe in 2002 but they were cancelled due to 9/11, also I don't think she was calling the shots at that point in her career considering she tried so hard to rebel during & after the onyx tour

• Like 3

Never confirmed but it's highly speculated to be because of 9/11. I know Janet Jackson cancelled the European leg of her All For You tour which was supposed to happen in early 2002 because of that. Doesn't explain the random date in Japan though and Britney still travelled to other countries in 2002 to promote Crossroads but I guess there was more of a risk with the transportation of the tour equipment and the dancers, production crew etc. because of the terrorist attacks.

Also the tour itself was VERY expensive because of its special effects, maybe they couldn't afford to take it outside of North America?

Edited by Isla
  • Like 4
7 minutes ago, Applejack said:

it was a world tour

the world is not only US and Europe

Of course it's not but usually when American artists do a world tour Europe is first one on the target 

My question could also be 'Why didn't she visit Europe, Australia, Asia (she did but just Tokyo), South America and Africa' lol

But most fans beside North America are usually from Europe (UK, Germany, Ireland, France and Italy as the biggest markets)

12 minutes ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

I’m sure it definitely was 9/11. A lot of artists were scared to travel. Also let’s not forget Aaliyah had died in August in a plane crash - people must have been terrified. 

But how did she travel through the whole US, Canada and Mexico tho? She must've use planes as well

1 hour ago, Lil-Jay said:

But how did she travel through the whole US, Canada and Mexico tho? She must've use planes as well

I was thinking about that actually. Or would she be allowed to cross the borders between the countries in a tour bus?

• Like 2

I think it was a combination of production cost and 9/11, the stage cost was extremely high for transportation by plane and with all the restrictions and security checks post 9/11 it was not viable to take a lot of props in short time even by plane, and I guess they didn't want to compromise the quality of the show by take off props like the waterfall screen, the platform and the LCD screens. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Shadow. said:

I mean the tour started a month after 9/11 so I don't think an explanation was needed

there was plans to visit europe in 2002 but they were cancelled due to 9/11, also I don't think she was calling the shots at that point in her career considering she tried so hard to rebel during & after the onyx tour

Oh yeah I don’t think she called the shots regarding her career, but when it came touring she had control over the show for the most part