Taylor Swift WILL NOT submit Fearless to Grammys or CMA

Taylor Swift - Billboard's highest earning musician of 2020 - will not be submitting Fearless (Taylor Swift version) to be nominated for the Grammys or the Country Music Awards.

According to Billboard, Taylor cited that the album is already the most awarded country album of all time, having won album of the year in both ceremonies in 2009 and 2010.

The article goes on to mention that the focus of the fans should be to vote for Evermore after the Grammys rule change for the Major Four categories.

You can find the full article here.

I am not sure if Taylor would have taken this decision if the Grammys did not change the policies for the Major Four categories, but it is a smart move anyway.

Side note - I am here for Evermore winning Album of the Year in 2022! 

What do you guys think?

• Love 4
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, maki93 said:

I truly hope we won't see BTS sweeping all four categories with fans voting :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

I liked Evermore better too. It was a more mature album than Folklore. Folklore was instantly good upon first listen but got tiring real quick. Evermore had the opposite effect for me.

Evermore is my favorite cooking in the kitchen album, the way she designed it for fall/winter. 

The family better be prepared to exit the kitchen during Thanksgiving day cooking, it's always the lone gay in the family that has to do the whole meal, since everybody thinks store bought cranberries actually cut it for the chef in me. I just tell them be here by 2PM pronto dinner served by 4 PM. 

If you wanna watch the football game, go somewhere else.  My house, my rules. We watch the dog show. 

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, maki93 said:

I personally enjoyed it more than Folklore because of some up-beat songs. 

My sentiments exactly. When Folklore dropped, I fell in instant love with it. It was gorgeous. I get why the people who like more upbeat songs didn't like it, but I didn't expect an album called Folklore to be upbeat. I loved it for what it was: A return to musicianship for Taylor. A return to actual songwriting. 

When she dropped Evermore, I was liking it but felt like I was cheating on Folklore. I didn't expect to love Evermore than Folklore but I did end up "choosing" it over the former. It was the perfect mix of songs for me, including the more upbeat songs. I felt like she hit a stride there. That album deserves the AOTY award, but I'm hesitant to call it in the bag because I am sure the industry/general public will feel like she doesn't deserve the win after the last one, but come on, it's not Taylor's fault she's a musical genius. GIVE. HER. EVERYTHING. excited woot woot GIF

• Love 2
  • Like 2

I was low-key worried she'd submit it, and sort of relieved she decided not to. I believe the point of the re-recordings is owning her craft, not winning more awards. 

Evermore definitely has to win something... back-to-back AOTY would be jaw-dropping!

And now that you folks are talking about both Folklore and Evermore... both are beautiful pieces of art... but the way songs like August, Illicit Affairs, and The One talk to me is why I like Folklore better. Evermore is poetically gorgeous, but I find it a bit less relatable, in my opinion. Up till today I listen to both of them. 

• Love 5
  • Like 3

Im confused. Even though its the same album but with newer recorded versions, it could be submitted for the Grammys and potentially win in the same categories as it won before? Like I get it that she's not going to submit but in general any artist can re-record an album and submit it again later? How is that fair?

• Like 1

I disagree with her decision to even re-record so thank heavens she's not doing something as tacky as re-submitting.

Yall remember when she did this whole documentary about being a strong independent woman who does not need external validation but then she throws a tantrum when she doesn't get nominated :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh: Like girl, I get that it's an honor to be nominated but it takes a certain kind of narcissist to even expect a nomination.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Im confused. Even though its the same album but with newer recorded versions, it could be submitted for the Grammys and potentially win in the same categories as it won before? Like I get it that she's not going to submit but in general any artist can re-record an album and submit it again later? How is that fair?

I mean realistically it shouldn’t win or even be eligible for a submission I agree, but how many artists have actually re recorded their music and submitted it, let alone been nominated for that re recorded material. I think it’s very expensive. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Rik said:

I mean realistically it shouldn’t win or even be eligible for a submission I agree, but how many artists have actually re recorded their music and submitted it, let alone been nominated for that re recorded material. I think it’s very expensive. 

Yeah, idk. I have to do more research because if it's acceptable than more artists would do that. I mean Mariah Carey should own way more Grammys than what she has. MiMi needs to re-record all her hit albums and resubmit them. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block