Taylor Swift WILL NOT submit Fearless to Grammys or CMA

Just now, MikeHunt said:

Yeah, idk. I have to do more research because if it's acceptable than more artists would do that. I mean Mariah Carey should own way more Grammys than what she has. MiMi needs to re-record all her hit albums and resubmit them. 

Doesnt Mariah own her masters?

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, Body ache said:

I liked Evermore better too. It was a more mature album than Folklore. Folklore was instantly good upon first listen but got tiring real quick. Evermore had the opposite effect for me.

I concur. The album is a bit more diverse and colorful. I really enjoyed both but Evermore is the superior album for me.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Adriannn said:

I was low-key worried she'd submit it, and sort of relieved she decided not to. I believe the point of the re-recordings is owning her craft, not winning more awards. 

Evermore definitely has to win something... back-to-back AOTY would be jaw-dropping!

And now that you folks are talking about both Folklore and Evermore... both are beautiful pieces of art... but the way songs like August, Illicit Affairs, and The One talk to me is why I like Folklore better. Evermore is poetically gorgeous, but I find it a bit less relatable, in my opinion. Up till today I listen to both of them. 

I agree!!! The way folklore isn’t getting her justice in this thread smh :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

Folklore and evermore are both masterpieces and both are gorgeous lyrically, musically, and thematically. My tears ricochet and this is me trying are both incredible from folklore. Obviously, tis the d@mn season and gold rush are amazing. How do people decide their faves of these two?! :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

• Love 1

It’s for the best. The album (well, the original version anyway) already won at the Grammy’s. I don’t think Taylor is seeking out new awards with the rerecordings. 

hopefully Evermore gets nominated :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

Edited by Isla
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Cedar Lane said:

I concur. The album is a bit more diverse and colorful. I really enjoyed both but Evermore is the superior album for me.

Same. I love Folklore too but Evermore really elevated the folk sound for me and is more uplifting. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

Oh idk. Can artists only re-record if they dont own their masters? I know JoJo did it a few years back.

JoJo only did it because her first two albums were removed from streaming and Blackground don’t want to put them back online.

6 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

Im confused. Even though its the same album but with newer recorded versions, it could be submitted for the Grammys and potentially win in the same categories as it won before? Like I get it that she's not going to submit but in general any artist can re-record an album and submit it again later? How is that fair?

As long as it has new material, it can be submitted for awards because the new songs would be considered eligible.

I like both, but evermore is hella relatable, willow with that lyric.

"I come back stronger than a 90s trend" which makes me feel honored while some of the 80s trends came back and was hella popular with the older millennials (me, born in 84, I represent the last to play outside, live in an analog world, last to have fat back tvs, etc.)

But to see Generation Z embraced the 9ps does make me smile, 90s was really the last time the world felt connected, 9/11 was like a hot minute but that faded fast and we never recovered. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

I disagree with her decision to even re-record so thank heavens she's not doing something as tacky as re-submitting.

Yall remember when she did this whole documentary about being a strong independent woman who does not need external validation but then she throws a tantrum when she doesn't get nominated :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh: Like girl, I get that it's an honor to be nominated but it takes a certain kind of narcissist to even expect a nomination.

the album is actually better... her voice is better.

7 hours ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

I disagree with her decision to even re-record so thank heavens she's not doing something as tacky as re-submitting.

Yall remember when she did this whole documentary about being a strong independent woman who does not need external validation but then she throws a tantrum when she doesn't get nominated :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh: Like girl, I get that it's an honor to be nominated but it takes a certain kind of narcissist to even expect a nomination.

She's re recording them as a big middle finger to Scooter braun, and she 🐔 blocked him everytime cos as the main songwriter he still has to ask her permission every time to use her intellectual property for movies and tv, she said no, just because he owned the recordings, he didn't own the publishing and when she signed a new publishing contract with universal Music, all those recordings fro big machine went with her new publisher, so he knew as a business man she made it more difficult for him to make any profit of his biggest recordings as she is Big Machine biggest artist of all time, so he sold them cos she literally devalued the original recordings, and fearless is no longer being streamed compared to the new one as playlists and streaming services have literally pushed the original to the deep end of the apps. 

@Adriannn

@maki93

@InTheZone4Life

Once the New and updated explicit Red is released with 11 Never before heard tracks, all original RED will be devalued and pushed to the deep end of all streaming services 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block