Famous feminists that didn't speak up about #FreeBritney - are they really ''feminists''?

So I find it extremely weird that ''feminists'' like Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Beyonce literally didn't say a word about their industry friend - Britney that literally doesn't have human rights. There's no ******* way they didn't hear about the #FreeBritney movement, it's literally everywhere. I don't know, maybe they can't speak about this because of people that are linked somehow to Britney's cship or maybe their egos are just too ******* big. Tons of artists pointed Britney as their inspiration (Gaga, Taylor, Ariana) and they choose to be silent. Iggy literally spoke out despite the fact she can get sued. Huge respect for her. 

Maybe those fake feminists will speak out someday about #FreeBritney but they seem to not give a f ck about a woman, their industry friend that was framed and lost her human rights. THEY LITERALLY OWE HER THEIR ******* CAREERS. LIKE LITERALLY. Britney's huge success in '98 as a pop girl opened doors for them as labels were only looking for pop girls because of Brit's success so because of Brit, current pop girls can be rich, successful and famous now. And they can't even post a stupid Instagram story about her to spread awareness. **** them honestly. I'm losing my respect for them, sorry not sorry. Kim Kardashian, JLo - these women we know are linked to L so not a surprise they are silent but Ariana, Gaga, Taylor, Beyonce, Rihanna etc? Where are you?! 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

They only do it as a marketing tactic to benefit their careers. 

That’s why so many people are skeptical of self proclaimed “feminists” like Gags and Taytrash. When it comes to speaking up and there’s zero benefit for them financially, they won’t say a word

• Love 2
  • Like 2

ofc they’re not true feminists. beyonce for example mistreats her female workers. taylor and gaga are white women who only care about what gives them money. they use social movements for their own benefit, just like they do with the LGBT rights

• Love 3
  • Like 2
44 minutes ago, ElenaB said:

taylor and gaga are white women who only care about what gives them money. they use social movements for their own benefit, just like they do with the LGBT rights

Exactly. Okay, with Gaga ''using'' LGBT to sell merch and make money on it, it's kinda fair as she's bi but for other straight artist selling LGBT merch... I don't know how to feel about it. It's the same thing with useless pride products, they know they can make millions on it. Like our lovely L, she hates f@gs but she sells LGBT merch. F cking disgusting.  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

Exactly. Okay, with Gaga ''using'' LGBT to sell merch and make money on it, it's kinda fair as she's bi but for other straight artist selling LGBT merch... I don't know how to feel about it. It's the same thing with useless pride products, they know they can make millions on it. Like our lovely L, she hates f@gs but she sells LGBT merch. F cking disgusting.  

Actually Gaga's not bi, her 2016 Drag race appearance she revealed herself she was straight..

Let's just say that was the only way she could market poker face, so yeah she's not LGBT. But gay icon for sure..

But that's because gay men as long as they're being marketed to, will buy anything..

• Super Mods

Honestly I don’t really understand why it’s such a big deal if a certain celebrity does or doesn’t make a statement about #FreeBritney.

There were many that offered their thoughts and concerns (somewhat) immediately, like Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera. Then some that took a couple days, like Paris. And now finally we’re getting a statement from Madonna.

All of it is welcome, but hopefully we don’t force statements from celebs just for them to come off as disingenuous or insincere. Also, what do their statements do? Are they just there for people to like and retweet? Something for our fanbase to show as proof that other pop divas/celebrities deserve to be praised or cancelled?

In my opinion, if someone offers up a genuine statement, then great. If someone doesn’t speak, it’s not the end of the world. What’s important is that Britney told her story and that’s making an impact.

20 hours ago, Persona said:

classic white feminists that only speak out when it concerns them directly or when they can get publicity without it affecting them personally too much.

Exactly. It's human nature imo. Very rarely will you have people that will stick their neck on the line when the ****'s hitting the fan. Too much heat, don't want to lose my career or have my **** threatened.

Look for those people to be the first to tweet "Congratulations Britney!" if the c-ship ends. 

• Like 2

I say this every time the topic comes up. Lady gaga just revealed she was r*ped by someone working in her label and she has been having panic attacks in an interview this year or last year. She's dealt with enough... Britney's abuse is really triggering for people who have lived through something similar and we shouldn't force it onto specific pop stars. You never know what they're going through or doing. 

And secondly not everyone has the time to pay attention to everything? Or whos side of the story they're getting? Maybe they don't feel like they know the situation well enough to comment because they've been busy raising kids and haven't been watching the news, so they don't want to talk about it? why are we even attacking people over this?

Lastly why are we always attacking women over this? Britney has worked with dozens of men over the years. We all know how misogynistic and dirty Hollywood is, and women are always punished more for speaking out. Make these men speak out!!!

I really wonder if OP is even a woman? Because this whole post seems disgustingly cruel and obsessive for no reason. How are you going to repeat the behaviour of the paparazzi that made Britney's life living hell onto others and defend Britney at the same time? 

You can't judge whether someone is or is not a feminist based on this! There's literally thousands of battles the feminist movement fights. To expect a woman to fight every single one of this battles in order to be considered a feminist is not only unfair, but is also impossible! 

Do you want to judge this singers cause they're not showing public support, go ahead! But you shouldn't be questioning their status as feminists. Let women fight their own battles, cause if they have to fight them all... 

PS: It’s interesting... with all the people involved in this, all the politicians that we could drag for not recognize this as a human rights issue, all the folks that denied the changes in the California's conservatorship laws, fans choose to drag who? The other women in music... Now, that's what I call a feminist issue!

• Love 1